+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robbie James

Robbie James

I remember him playing for us. His legs had gone but what a tackler and passer of the ball. Remember him being out on his feet towards the end of most games but he used to win everything. I was only young so can't remember his earlier days when he played for Wales and the Jack's.

Re: Robbie James

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I remember him playing for us. His legs had gone but what a tackler and passer of the ball. Remember him being out on his feet towards the end of most games but he used to win everything. I was only young so can't remember his earlier days when he played for Wales and the Jack's.
    I remember going to the Racecourse to see us play against Wrexham. It was the game where we took thousands and filled the entire away-end. City won that day (score escapes my memory) and Robbie James didn't put a foot wrong the entire game, he was calmness personified.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I remember going to the Racecourse to see us play against Wrexham. It was the game where we took thousands and filled the entire away-end. City won that day (score escapes my memory) and Robbie James didn't put a foot wrong the entire game, he was calmness personified.
    He didn't put a foot wrong even though his legs were gone.....

I think the Wrexham game was in April 1993. Robbie left after about 6 games of the following season and went to Merthyr Tydfil.

Not been blessed with left backs have we

Not been blessed with left backs have we
    I disagree. I can think of loads that would have been better off left back in the changing room.

I seem to recall a left back we got on loan or bought from Portsmouth but can't for the life of me remember his name?
    He was a Little Black guy and nippy as Heck?

I seem to recall a left back we got on loan or bought from Portsmouth but can't for the life of me remember his name?
    He was a Little Black guy and nippy as Heck?
    Ray Daniels?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Ray Daniels?
    Everyone shouted go on ray everytime he touched the ball! Must have been really off putting for him

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Ray Daniels?
    Could be Ray Daniel that he is thinking of, though he went to Portsmouth from us.

Yes Ray Daniel went to Portsmouth, we got him from Hull. I don't know how the left back thing got in this thread? Un less it's to comment that we've had lots of good right back and not many outstanding left backs? McNaughton played left back for a while. But in the last 10 years we've had Capaldi, Kennedy , Taylor and now Bennett. And Bennett is the best of the bunch. Not forgetting Lee Naylor, Fabio , Declan John and Scott Malone. Oh and the legend that is Greg Cunningham.

Didn't Robbie James play left back when he played for us?
    Yes it was Ray Daniels well done.
    I knew Portsmouth were involved somewhere. Didn't he join us on loan only? My memory is terrible.
    I didnt rate any of our left backs you just mentioned especially fabio. His passing like Mcnaughtons was awful

I think we paid £40000 for Ray Daniel from Hull and I think we sold him for £50000 to Portsmouth. He was only here for a year.
    Robbie James played right back all season as Damon Searle was ever present at left back.

Thank you for that. I'd have just lost £500.000 on a 50/50 question on Who wants to be a millionaire if the question was did he play left back or right back.
    I was that confident. 🤣🤣