+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday not happy with our goal

Wednesday not happy with our goal

Re: Wednesday not happy with our goal

Tbh, I didn’t really like to see our player doing that. Keeper wasn’t getting near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Feck the green barstewards, and their silly Monk.

Tough shit, owly buggers.

As I said in another thread, he crouched down when the ball was kicked, so couldn't be going for the ball. Neither was he obstructin the keeper AS THE BALL WAS KICKED, so couldn't be offside.
    Very clever.

Any keeper that leaves one side of the goal that exposed deserves shooting. Sod Flint's antics. His positioning made up Tomlin's mind. Surely, by leaving that amount of free space he was inviting a free kick to go into that side. Poor keeping for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Any keeper that leaves one side of the goal that exposed deserves shooting. Sod Flint's antics. His positioning made up Tomlin's mind. Surely, by leaving that amount of free space he was inviting a free kick to go into that side. Poor keeping for me.
    flint shouldve aped the keeper more by walking from one side of the 6 yard box to the other as dawson seemed to do on every goal kick.

They should have had the game wrapped up long before that free kick. We were absolutely dreadful and there for the taking.

I thought it was a bit of a shitty thing to do and looked amateur. The free-kick itself though was superb.

Makes up for the pen we should have had,tough titty

They should be annoyed at their no 9 not jumping. It was only 6 inches over his head !

If that had happened against us I'm fairly sure that we would have been unhappy.

Surely Flint was offside and interfering with play by blocking Goalkeepers vision? Great free kick by Tomlin though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Surely Flint was offside and interfering with play by blocking Goalkeepers vision? Great free kick by Tomlin though!
    Of course he was. It couldn't have been more blatant. Dreadful officiating, but this one went in City's favour so Warnock won't complain and most fans will claim it was fine. However, had it been the other way around.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course he was. It couldn't have been more blatant. Dreadful officiating, but this one went in City's favour so Warnock won't complain and most fans will claim it was fine. However, had it been the other way around.....
    Can you imagine

How whytes really late shot didn’t win it for us I’ll never know, great save by their stand in keeper

Agree terrible officiating, if it had been against us everyone on here would be crying for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Flint...somewhere between YMCA and Icelandic thunderclap...it worked and we got a point. So nearly three.

Most fans if not all are not claiming it was fine....

To be honest I didn't think it was a free kick . I thought Tomlin turned and ran into the Wednesday payer..

The rules don't seem to be clear on this and some clarification is needed. I'm thinking that Sir Neil is a qualified referee so his opinion has some credibility and he thinks it's okay.
    If we can get away with it we should do it more, and if we do it'll catch on. Reminds me of when Gareth Edwards hid the ball under his jersey out of a scrum and ran through with it, and at that time there was no rule to prevent it so it stood.

I don't really know how I feel about it from sportsmanship point of view. But the ball wasn't in play when he was jumping and he ducked down for the kick. If he was in the wall while he did that no one would have a problem with it. As all he did while the ball was in play was duck, can he be said to be offside and interfering with play? I'd be interested to hear a ref's take on it. As for saying we'd be moaning if someone did that to us, how is that relevant?

I didn’t like it but Tomlin’s shot was going in anyway, their keeper would never have saved it

One of our lot does something out of the ordinary, a little bit crackers that results in a goal and some of our fans start with hmmm & tut tut, I’m all for random things like this especially when it ends up in their net. It’s a far cry for our normal predictability.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One of our lot does something out of the ordinary, a little bit crackers that results in a goal and some of our fans start with hmmm & tut tut, I’m all for random things like this especially when it ends up in their net. It’s a far cry for our normal predictability.
    Why do it though? Why risk being deemed interfering with play and offside and then a sublime free kick and equaliser ruled out?

Tomlin didn’t score because Flint was jumping like an idiot. Any free kick clearing the wall side like that is going in wether the keeper can see the free kick taker or not.