+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we still confident that Warnock will deliver promotion this season?

Are we still confident that Warnock will deliver promotion this season?

Just asking, like..

Re: Are we still confident that Warnock will deliver promotion this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just asking, like..
    I was one of the confident ones. I'm not now. Warnock doesn't come across confident. His lack of belief in our team in interviews must effect the team. I think we're capable and I wish we'd kept Manga. Whyte and Hoilett should start mid week.

No. There's no point in playing Warnockball if you can't do it, and it appears that we can't any more.
    Unless there's a very very quick improvement this isn't going anywhere, and I speak as a huge supporter of the manager and the system.

First Team

You fecking hypocritical twerp.

That is all.

A great and very constructive comment there

I have a lot of admiration for Warnock and am very greatful to him for turning the club around when he did, because we really were going nowhere. Sadly I think last season and the Sala tragedy has knocked the stuffing out of him, I don't see the same fire compared to the seaon we went up, which is entiely undesrstandable. As a result I can't see us making a play off push this season and we'll do well to even be in the play off mix come spring.

I don't buy into all this Warnockball chat, the season we went up we were direct, yes, but we played some good stuff, were exciting to watch and very difficult to play against. For me I've seen none of that this season. We are very one dimensional and predictable, there does'nt seem to be any plan when we get in the final third and we have lost that solidity in defence. Quite frankly it's a grind to watch.

I hope I'm wrong, as I do think we still have a lot of talent in the squad, just worried Warnock has lost his spark.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No. There's no point in playing Warnockball if you can't do it, and it appears that we can't any more.
    Unless there's a very very quick improvement this isn't going anywhere, and I speak as a huge supporter of the manager and the system.
    Is that Warnock's version of Warnockball or Big Ron's version of Atkoball?

Just asking, like..
    Think we will be much better when bamba comes back. I think well get into playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Think we will be much better when bamba comes back. I think well get into playoffs
    The fact that we're pinning our hopes on a 34 year old coming back from a serious long term injury says a lot about Warnock's management of the squad

Just asking, like..
    Ridiculous expectation. Avoiding a relegation dog fight would be closer.
    Watching the team last night, I was thinking that Xmas would be the right time to move Warnock on.

Im not confident but still optimistic. The players arent going to under achieve all season and we are within striking range.

Player for player we are a better squad than went up. I was never a massive Gunarsson
    fan but he obviously wqs effective as we look soft through the middle.

We need to get a bit more solid at the back and have the fight to make every ball count.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The fact that we're pinning our hopes on a 34 year old coming back from a serious long term injury says a lot about Warnock's management of the squad
    No, I agree mate. It's madness. But solid at the back and maybe we can build attacks?

Not a snowball's chance in the proverbial. More likely we exit the division the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Not a snowball's chance in the proverbial. More likely we exit the division the other way
    Behave

We're in with a shout, as are about 15 other sides. Improvement needed, but definitely possible given his track record. Strangely enough that Swansea performance could be the rocket that some of our players needed.

Three points tomorrow will bring a massive leap up the table - and the return of Bamba will shake a few up.
    Not given up hope yet, here

Anything is possible in this division, more so this season than others. At this stage there’s a number of clubs whose fate is in the balance, a poor Nov, Dec, Jan, and it’s a relegation battle whilst a decent few months could put you right in the promotion mix. Even this far into the season it’s hard to call.