+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The booers last night

Re: The booers last night

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    "no other outcome than a negative one". Half time 0-1. Full time 1-1 😂 Maybe our players have more balls than half the fans on here 😂
    The trouble is that half the people on here aren't our fans anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The precious modern football fan encapsulated in one sentence.

You should have been following City in the Seventies and Eighties. Some of the players used to get barracked in the warm-up!

I can remember the last game of the season once in the mid 80's. We were already relegated but beat I think Lincoln on a sunny day. Anyway, everyone was standing at the front of the Bob Bank screaming at our players. "**** off King, (probably) you're ****ing shit!" I found it quite funny at the time. It was funny because they were shit.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree then. Unless you want to meet for a fight somewhere but I've got a haircut at 3 and taking my girlfriend out for a meal this evening.
    Meet for a fight, we can all turn up to boo you both��

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Meet for a fight, we can all turn up to boo you both��
    Would that make them put up a better fight 🤔

Heisenberg

I was saying "Boo-urns".

Of course it's frustrating and not great to watch but by your own admission the crowd weren't booing their own team for a lack of effort or spirit, but for a lack of quality. In my opinion that's pretty crappy support.
    I wouldn’t boo but at that point we had been treated to extremely poor fayre for the standard we are at. Put with the gifting of the first 20minutes to the opposition without any attempt to force our way into the game and I can understand those who had had enough and vented their anger.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Booing at 1-0 down to a team above us in the league. Our fans are shit lets be honest.
    You're talking shit, let's be honest

Murphy was getting a hard time from the Canton and I found it embarrassing. I actually thought he improved and was a threat by the end of the game. I wasn’t on my own in looking round saying what are we booing for, and why are we singing what’s the ****ing hell was that to our own player. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Murphy was getting a hard time from the Canton and I found it embarrassing. I actually thought he improved and was a threat by the end of the game. I wasn’t on my own in looking round saying what are we booing for, and why are we singing what’s the ****ing hell was that to our own player. Ridiculous.
    I didn't boo but shouted 'rubbish' a few times in the 1st half. I actually thought it was the worst half of football at home by the City since before Hammam.

I shout things like rubbish. Gotta hit the target there. What the **** was that. But I think booing and singing in unison against our own player is odd

I think, under Warnock's reign, the fans have been extremely patient & supportive. It's just natural that the patience runs out as we've performed poorly for 2 years now but still somehow manage to grind out results.
    In relative terms, the football is worse than ever before. Even in the dark days of Durban, we knew our players were simply crap........ can't really say that about our team nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Booing at 1-0 down to a team above us in the league. Our fans are shit lets be honest.
    The team is shit too lets be honest. I am not a boo boy myself. But anybody at that ground last night, braving shit weather etc, has a right to protest against an absolute woeful first half display from some seriously well-paid professionals.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I think, under Warnock's reign, the fans have been extremely patient & supportive. It's just natural that the patience runs out as we've performed poorly for 2 years now but still somehow manage to grind out results.
    In relative terms, the football is worse than ever before. Even in the dark days of Durban, we knew our players were simply crap........ can't really say that about our team nowadays.

The Championship is wide open. I saw a Reading team that didn’t play well deservedly beat an utterly dismal Preston team that started the day in third. Stoke beat Fulham. Luton beat Bristol City. Any team that can put a run of four or five results together will be smack bang in contention.
    Cardiff are four points off the play offs. That’s nothing at this stage of the season. All to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    The team is shit too lets be honest. I am not a boo boy myself. But anybody at that ground last night, braving shit weather etc, has a right to protest against an absolute woeful first half display from some seriously well-paid professionals.
    Spedger
    I'm definitely in the minority here but I've never really got this attitude either. I went last night, I didn't brave the weather in some heroic act. I went because I wanted to go and hang out with my mates and have a beer at the football. I'm not owed anything, no one's making me be there, it's one of my hobbies. Never really got the "I SPEND MY MONEY ON YOU SO YOU SHOULD..." attitude. Don't then

I'm definitely in the minority here but I've never really got this attitude either. I went last night, I didn't brave the weather in some heroic act. I went because I wanted to go and hang out with my mates and have a beer at the football. I'm not owed anything, no one's making me be there, it's one of my hobbies. Never really got the "I SPEND MY MONEY ON YOU SO YOU SHOULD..." attitude. Don't then
    Didn’t you know your ticket price entitles you to abuse the players and management as much as you want???
    Even more if it’s raining!!!

This debate can be twisted in many ways. however, my stand point is: if people wish to protest about poor play they can. You are right the weather should have nothing to do with it and yes being with mates and the buzz of watching the city is most important.
    Spedger

You go to watch good football too, Delmi.

After 12 games of crap football (with the odd bright moment), it's normal for people to get frustrated.

Whilst positive reinforcement is obviously preferable, some players and mangers react well to a bit of criticism, especially if it is a rare occurrence, which I think it generally has been since NW has been there.

Hopefully it snaps them out of their funk and they'll start playing like they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You go to watch good football too, Delmi.

After 12 games of crap football (with the odd bright moment), it's normal for people to get frustrated.

Whilst positive reinforcement is obviously preferable, some players and mangers react well to a bit of criticism, especially if it is a rare occurrence, which I think it generally has been since NW has been there.

Hopefully it snaps them out of their funk and they'll start playing like they can.