+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The booers last night

Re: The booers last night

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    As well as the hopeless free kick, Joe put two corners straight out of play last night. I'm not a booer but it was pretty demoralising watching our players struggle with basic skills, even if the conditions were poor.

I have mixed feelings about Tomlin, but watching him complete a 30 yard half-vollied crossfield pass and obviously the great technique for the goal, it felt like a breath of fresh air when he came on.
    Ralls is trying to whip in corners at pace. To be fair last season Camarasa was regularly failing to beat the 1st man. Ralls rarely does this.

2 corners were overhit. What is annoying is all our players are bunched in the middle. There should be an option of a player or 2 to pick up a long one. Neither of the 2 were miles out.

They should be working much harder at set pieces.

At the moment it look like hit it in hard and hope Flint or Morrison get on the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ralls is trying to whip in corners at pace. To be fair last season Camarasa was regularly failing to beat the 1st man. Ralls rarely does this.

2 corners were overhit. What is annoying is all our players are bunched in the middle. There should be an option of a player or 2 to pick up a long one. Neither of the 2 were miles out.

They should be working much harder at set pieces.

At the moment it look like hit it in hard and hope Flint or Morrison get on the end of it.
    I appreciate what he was trying to do, but i think you're being generous there. I'm not picking on him, it's just an example of the poor quality that I found pretty demoralising to watch for most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I appreciate what he was trying to do, but i think you're being generous there. I'm not picking on him, it's just an example of the poor quality that I found pretty demoralising to watch for most of the game.
    It was poor quality. But in the bigger picture the 2 long corners were way down the list of problems last night.

Camarasa a technically gifted player was hitting far worse corners all through last season.

If wed played well and won last night the long corners wouldnt be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It was poor quality. But in the bigger picture the 2 long corners were way down the list of problems last night.

Camarasa a technically gifted player was hitting far worse corners all through last season.

If wed played well and won last night the long corners wouldnt be mentioned.
    That's why I said it was an example.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And again, they were turned on so early in the game, there was so much left to play. AND if we'd lost last night that would have been the first loss we'd seen at home this season, it's not as if that crowd's used to seeing us get battered at home every week and has reached the end of its tether. Personally I think that that's the pathetic thing.
    Do you think the negative reaction was down to what was happening in this one game in isolation? I don't.

In terms of basic skills like passing the ball and delivering set-pieces, the current side often looks abysmal even when it's winning or drawing. I genuinely can't remember a City side looking so poor at this level since they returned to it in 2003. Of course, they have spirit and determination, they fight and battle and they often manage to unsettle much better footballing sides as a result, last night being a fine example of that. They manage to grind out results by hook or by crook. Nevertheless, their play is generally ugly. I think the crowd has been reacting to that more than individual errors.

"no other outcome than a negative one". Half time 0-1. Full time 1-1 😂 Maybe our players have more balls than half the fans on here 😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you think the negative reaction was down to what was happening in this one game in isolation? I don't.

In terms of basic skills like passing the ball and delivering set-pieces, the current side often looks abysmal even when it's winning or drawing. I genuinely can't remember a City side looking so poor at this level since they returned to it in 2003. Of course, they have spirit and determination, they fight and battle and they often manage to unsettle much better footballing sides as a result, last night being a fine example of that. They manage to grind out results by hook or by crook. Nevertheless, their play is generally ugly. I think the crowd has been reacting to that more than individual errors.
    Of course it's frustrating and not great to watch but by your own admission the crowd weren't booing their own team for a lack of effort or spirit, but for a lack of quality. In my opinion that's pretty crappy support.

Do you think the problem is Warnocks team choice and tactics, or do you think the squad we have hasn’t got the ability to challenge for promotion?

Of course it's frustrating and not great to watch but by your own admission the crowd weren't booing their own team for a lack of effort or spirit, but for a lack of quality. In my opinion that's pretty crappy support.
    In my opinion, it's entirely justified. Those are Championship footballers out there. Some of them are internationals. Nevertheless, most of them currently don't look like they have an ounce of creativity in them or the ability to pass the ball ten yards in a straight line.

Do you think they're not capable of better?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Do you think the problem is Warnocks team choice and tactics, or do you think the squad we have hasn’t got the ability to challenge for promotion?
    Both to varying degrees. Nevertheless, most of the individual players in that squad have definitely got the ability to do better with the ball than they were doing last night or have been doing for most of this season. It doesn't matter what the tactics or team selection is, if the players can't pass the ball ten yards when they have time and space to do so they can only blame themselves. They're better than that.

In my opinion, it's entirely justified. Those are Championship footballers out there. Some of them are internationals. Nevertheless, most of them currently don't look like they have an ounce of creativity in them or the ability to pass the ball ten yards in a straight line.

Yes they probably are. Do you think booing them when they make a mistake is the way to get that better out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    "no other outcome than a negative one". Half time 0-1. Full time 1-1 😂 Maybe our players have more balls than half the fans on here 😂
    Your not stupid enough to think the booing made them up their game are you?

Yes they probably are. Do you think booing them when they make a mistake is the way to get that better out of them?
    Who knows? That would depend on the individual player. Some may suffer for it, some may not care less about it, while others might be galvanised by it.

Who knows? That would depend on the individual player. Some may suffer for it, some may not care less about it, while others might be galvanised by it.
    Well I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree then. Unless you want to meet for a fight somewhere but I've got a haircut at 3 and taking my girlfriend out for a meal this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Your not stupid enough to think the booing made them up their game are you?
    I never said that. But it never had the negative impact you and others so worried about .

After an appalling 1st half and after an international break to work on tactics to restart the kick off with that dinosaur tactic of a hoof down the wing predictably lost and giving possession back to them then i dont blame anyone booing that.

Apart from it being a sh!t tactic we always do it and the opposition know its coming.

Well I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree then. Unless you want to meet for a fight somewhere but I've got a haircut at 3 and taking my girlfriend out for a meal this evening.
    Be honest, you're deliberately taking the piss when talking about haircuts, aren't you? Bastard.

They're managed by Neil Warnock. The crowd booing probably helps to drown out the abuse that they're getting from the touchline.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    They're managed by Neil Warnock. The crowd booing probably helps to drown out the abuse that they're getting from the touchline.
    😂
    The booing was so minor last night Neil probably drowned them out.

Ok there was a real lack of quality but this bunch of players are no snowflakes and werent going to fold for a few boos. In fact they upped their game if anything.

Be honest, you're deliberately taking the piss when talking about haircuts, aren't you? Bastard.
    To be honest, the state of mine at the mo you're better off without

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I never said that. But it never had the negative impact you and others so worried about .
    I never said I was worried did I?
    I don’t take football serious enough to be worried about it.

To be honest, the state of mine at the mo you're better off without
    Get a room

Well if they are then booing them isn't the way to bring it out.
    They're professional footballers who are getting paid anyways , so if they get pissed off with the "supporters" at a club they'll stop trying, and that's a well established thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well if they are then booing them isn't the way to bring it out.
    They're professional footballers who are getting paid anyways , so if they get pissed off with the "supporters" at a club they'll stop trying, and that's a well established thing.
    What mong has got the password to the multi account today?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I really hope this doesn't turn into another Booer War.
    I set them up, you score