+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The booers last night

The booers last night

Sorry if this has been covered before but this is my first time on since the match and I need to have a little bit of a vent.

That booing last night was an absolute disgrace. We're unbeaten at home and 1-0 against one of the in form teams in the league with about half the match to play and people are booing mistakes by our own players? What the f**k is that about?

And I have never in my life heard home fans sing "what the f**king hell was that" at one of our OWN players after he's done something. It was a horrendous free kick but what possible good is going to come from that abuse? Of one of our best players this season as well

If the bottom team in the league had just scored the 4th against is in the 80th minute, personally I still wouldn't boo but I'd understand the sentiments of those who did, but Sheffield Wednesday would have gone top if they'd beaten us last night and there was so much of the game left to improve the performance. Fine, you pay your money and are entitled to air your views but if that's what you're bringing to the table please consider watching another club because you sure as hell don't support ours.

Re: The booers last night

Were the booers South African?

Youve obviously never been to a game when theres been virtually no singing other than what a load of rubbish being sung.

When we see awful football from players who should be doing a lot better we every right to make our feelings known.

Was a frustrating watch but I was surprised by the level of it. Ultimately it's just unhelpful at a time when if anything the crowd are needed to inspire the team.

I understand after the 5th overhit cross its hard but personally I don't ever feel the need to boo our own players.

I have to admit I'm with the OP on this.

It hasn't been easy watching us this season and we did look toothless and clueless for much of the game but there is no place for booing of our own.

Felt sorry for Glatzel again, he's come in for more stick on here I see, as he really does cut a lonely figure up top.

We do seem to play much better when we are chasing the game and the subs have tended to shine when introduced.
    I for one havent given up on him just yet and RG might benefit from coming off the bench with Ward starting next game.

Agree with the OP. I was there, and it was woeful. Booing and having a go at the players during the game though is gonna have no other outcome than a negative one.
    Do all your booing and make your feelings heard at the half time whistle and the full time whistle if it hasn’t improved.

Booing at 1-0 down to a team above us in the league. Our fans are shit lets be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Agree with the OP. I was there, and it was woeful. Booing and having a go at the players during the game though is gonna have no other outcome than a negative one.
    Do all your booing and make your feelings heard at the half time whistle and the full time whistle if it hasn’t improved.
    Im not ageeing with the booing but on this occasion Ralls was having a terrible game along with the rest of them.

He and most of the team actually stepped their game up after that awful free kick.

The booing was hardly vitriolic. People need to get a grip. Its pissing down. Our tactics of launching long throws down the line to a striker who cant win headers or hold the ball isnt working and weve started the 2nd half with that ridiculous boot the ball down the wing again after an appalling 1st half. A free kick in a dangerous position ends up in row z and there is a bit of discontent.

Our crowd is probably very fair to our players and management team compared to others.

The minor stick if anything had a positive affect. Pack Murphy and Ralls definitely improved. May have been more to do with the 2 managers substitutions mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I have to admit I'm with the OP on this.

It hasn't been easy watching us this season and we did look toothless and clueless for much of the game but there is no place for booing of our own.

Felt sorry for Glatzel again, he's come in for more stick on here I see, as he really does cut a lonely figure up top.

We do seem to play much better when we are chasing the game and the subs have tended to shine when introduced.
    I for one havent given up on him just yet and RG might benefit from coming off the bench with Ward starting next game.
    Agree with the Glatzel comment.
    No one can look good up front on your own.
    We mishit a hatful of crosses and had no playmaker until Tomlin came on.
    He desperately needs a support player.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I have never in my life heard home fans sing "what the f**king hell was that" at one of our OWN players after he's done something.
    The precious modern football fan encapsulated in one sentence.

You should have been following City in the Seventies and Eighties. Some of the players used to get barracked in the warm-up!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

You should have been following City in the Seventies and Eighties. Some of the players used to get barracked in the warm-up!

I was 7 at the end of the 80's, however I did get my first season ticket in 2001 and the fact remains that giving our own players shit like that at 1-0 down with half the game left is terrible support. Also fair play, baller move throwing the word "precious" around with your reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree with the Glatzel comment.
    No one can look good up front on your own.
    We mishit a hatful of crosses and had no playmaker until Tomlin came on.
    He desperately needs a support player.
    Plenty of players look good up front on their own.

If he was winning headers but no one was running on to them or holding the ball up waiting for support then id have some optimism.

The appalling first 60 minutes wasnt down to him but theres no doubt we improved when he went off.

In any gathering of twenty thousand people (allegedly!) who have come to support the same team, you are bound to get a huge variety of reactions even when said team are performing as woefully as we did in the first half, so why is it a surprise that a small portion of them decided to boo the team off - as I said in my blog piece, I wouldn't do it myself, but I can understand that there are occasions when others will.

I daresay some of those booing paid out hundreds of pounds for a season ticket and turned out to support their team last night in conditions that were horrendous at times rather than watch the game at home. Also, if they went to the Luton League Cup match as well, they will now have seen seven home games where the entertainment value provided by their team has been virtually non existent. Although I still can't work out how, City have largely been getting the results at home and it is enjoyable to see late winners or equalisers being scored by your team, I think people have the right to expect a lot more for their money than what has been provided so far - people are going to boo when they see their side coming up with the sort of dross we produced in the first half especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Plenty of players look good up front on their own.

If he was winning headers but no one was running on to them or holding the ball up waiting for support then id have some optimism.

The appalling first 60 minutes wasnt down to him but theres no doubt we improved when he went off.
    Name one who has under our last five managers?

It never made them play any better though 😁

I was 7 at the end of the 80's, however I did get my first season ticket in 2001 and the fact remains that giving our own players shit like that at 1-0 down with half the game left is terrible support. Also fair play, baller move throwing the word "precious" around with your reputation
    Its hardly terrible support. A minority booed. Any crowd in the country after watching that there would be some booing. 90% would be much worse.

Years gone by our crowd really dished it out.

In recent years the only time I thought our crowd were shameful was when Whittingham was slaughtered and eventually subbed in the 1st half.

Last night was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Name one who has under our last five managers?
    I didnt say under us😂

Weve had 2 promotions if we are counting permanent managers.

Ward Zohore Helgusson Campbell Pilkington Rudy Bogle Patterson have all played the lone striker role and ive come away thinking theyve looked good in games. (not all the time).

I just cant see any positives with Glatzel. I really hope im wrong.

I understand the booing as people vent in different ways, not that I think it’s helpful at all. Yes, Sheff Wed are decent team but I can’t think of a home game, where so many of the City players were so poor individually as well as collectively. Ralls’ free kick typified it. I thought Pack was the only one of the starters last night that came out with any credit and it must be so frustrating for him as someone who clearly likes to get the ball down and play, that we play ineffective hoofball the majority of the time.

I don’t think we’ll ever be more than mid table with 2 statues at centre half and a lack of pace to cover for them when they get too tight.

This season already feels like a wasted season and Neil’s swan song which will turn sour.

Touche.

It is pathetic, though. Most, if not all of those precious souls trotting around on a football field last night while looking like parks players earn more in a couple of weeks than most of us earn in a year, and the truth is most of them couldn't really give two ****s about the fans either. Nevertheless, it seems giving them a bit of stick when they're shit is taboo these days. I don't get it.

That free kick from Ralls was an embarrassment. I bet his teammates would jeer him in training if he did that.....

I really hope this doesn't turn into another Booer War.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What was the negative outcome last night? I thought Cardiff improved as the game went on.
    I'm not saying the booing and the WTFH was that chant after Ralls' free kick helped but I don't agree that there was a negative outcome.
    I didn't join in with the booing but can understand those that did.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Booing at 1-0 down to a team above us in the league. Our fans are shit lets be honest.
    they match the team, deserve eachother

As well as the hopeless free kick, Joe put two corners straight out of play last night. I'm not a booer but it was pretty demoralising watching our players struggle with basic skills, even if the conditions were poor.

I have mixed feelings about Tomlin, but watching him complete a 30 yard half-vollied crossfield pass and obviously the great technique for the goal, it felt like a breath of fresh air when he came on.

Touche.

It is pathetic, though. Most, if not all of those precious souls trotting around on a football field last night while looking like parks players earn more in a couple of weeks than most of us earn in a year, and the truth is most of them couldn't really give two ****s about the fans either. Nevertheless, it seems giving them a bit of stick when they're shit is taboo these days. I don't get it.

That free kick from Ralls was an embarrassment. I bet his teammates would jeer him in training if he did that.....
    I'm not averse to a bit of stick, I just don't think have a few hundred people who are meant to be on your side boo or mock you with a song when you make a individual mistake is helpful if you want the team to do better. They might earn a decent amount of money but it doesn't buy you out of being a human who's confidence is affected by things like that.

And again, they were turned on so early in the game, there was so much left to play. AND if we'd lost last night that would have been the first loss we'd seen at home this season, it's not as if that crowd's used to seeing us get battered at home every week and has reached the end of its tether. Personally I think that that's the pathetic thing.