+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sticking with Neil

I'm sticking with Neil

Look I've been as critical as anyone of some of our performances but I have to accept we are in the middle of a relegation hangover. Things could be better, but they could be a lot worse. We lost several influential players and coupled with injuries to key players it is hardly surprising we have not played well. I think things will improve and fully expect money to be spent in January if we are thereabouts.
    On the flip side I think Warnock has got to show a bit more flexibility in his team selections. Clearly having a middle 3 that started last night doesn't work as there is not enough creativity or ability to break beyond the striker. Either Tomlin starrs or he plays 2 strikers as Gazel is isolated. Secondly playing 2 wingers means they must cut inside to support the striker. This isn't happening with Murphy being inconsistent and NML being a shadow of his former self. For the Millwall game i expect the following lineup.
    Etheridge
    Peltier
    Bennett
    Morrie
    Flint
    Pack
    Ralls
    Paterson
    Whyte
    Gazel
    Hoilett

I fully expect Tomlin to play a part, but to start v Swansea Town.

Re: I'm sticking with Neil

I think that the issue for alot of fans is how we play. I don't think fans would be that critical of the position we are in if there looked like there was some kind of system-plan-and that it looked like it could improve or take us forward. That's my frustration. The local press need to stop licking Warnocks arse and start asking a few uncomfortable questions. It happened under Dave jones and previous to him, even when we were so bad that the players that we had couldn't really help themselves. The local press is a joke, scared of the club.

Russel slade got a bashing.

Warnock plays awful football and we can’t criticise him because we got promoted.

He’ll be gone by Xmas.

He’ll walk.

It's primitive fare at a time when football has moved on.

I'm sticking with Cardiff City however shit the football is or however shit the management of the club is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's primitive fare at a time when football has moved on.
    Pep could come in and things wouldn't change with the players Warnock has bought. This is one of the reasons I am advocating we stick with him. I fully expect that he will walk in January if we are not top 6 or very close.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'm sticking with Cardiff City however shit the football is or however shit the management of the club is.
    Good man,i am the same.Seen some wonderful football but also so much shit as well,but it is my club and i will be there until i can not get out of my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that the issue for alot of fans is how we play. I don't think fans would be that critical of the position we are in if there looked like there was some kind of system-plan-and that it looked like it could improve or take us forward. That's my frustration. The local press need to stop licking Warnocks arse and start asking a few uncomfortable questions. It happened under Dave jones and previous to him, even when we were so bad that the players that we had couldn't really help themselves. The local press is a joke, scared of the club.
    If there's one thing Warnock is good at its dealing with the media. He's a wily old fox to be fair. The football and results at the moment are Russell Slade-esquel, but Warnock and Slade are chalk and cheese when it comes to dealing with the media and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He’ll be gone by Xmas.

He’ll walk.
    Why would he walk? It seems he got most of what he asked for. He says he has a great relationship with Tan et al. He's getting paid well. And this is supposedly his last job. Why wouldn't he see it out?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why would he walk? It seems he got most of what he asked for. He says he has a great relationship with Tan et al. He's getting paid well. And this is supposedly his last job. Why wouldn't he see it out?
    I just don’t think we will be “there or there abouts”

I think he will walk. I don’t really have a reason, more a feeling. Fans are turning.

Starting a thread with the word 'Look'
    FFS!

Sadly we are a dinosaur in a sea of antelopes.

StT.
    <><

We didn’t “lose” some of our best players, we decided to sell them, or didn’t dig our heels in or bend over enough to keep them.

NW has given himself a mediocre squad and he’s paying the price.

If he likes having the underdog label he’s going about things in exactly the right way.

If we don’t win the next 2 games he has to be sacked,he is dragging us backwards.
    We have players that he brought in and are not to be seen again.
    He doesn’t care about Cardiff he just taking the money

Russel slade got a bashing.

Warnock plays awful football and we can’t criticise him because we got promoted.
    Do you not think that earns him time to get us going? Surely deserves more than 12 games having just been relegated.

Would you be happy with this football all season if we got promoted? As bar 2 months at the start of the promotion season I don’t think the football is much different.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Do you not think that earns him time to get us going? Surely deserves more than 12 games having just been relegated.

Would you be happy with this football all season if we got promoted? As bar 2 months at the start of the promotion season I don’t think the football is much different.
    I dont want to defend him unnecessarily but he did lose his best players over the summer. Victor and Arter would never have stayed, together with injuies has meant the side has never got going. Our football has rarely been good, apart from the brief spell you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I dont want to defend him unnecessarily but he did lose his best players over the summer. Victor and Arter would never have stayed, together with injuies has meant the side has never got going. Our football has rarely been good, apart from the brief spell you mention.
    Loans.

Not our players.

I didn’t say it didn’t?

I said he seems to be immune to criticism on here.

I am not happy with the football and I wasn’t when we went up, I hope we don’t go up because we’ll get less points than that Derby team years ago.

Loans.

Not our players.
    And one of them is ****ing rubbish.

I didn’t say it didn’t?

I am not happy with the football and I wasn’t when we went up, I hope we don’t go up because we’ll get less points than that Derby team years ago.
    Like was forecast last season????

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Like was forecast last season????
    How many times am I answering?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Look I've been as critical as anyone of some of our performances but I have to accept we are in the middle of a relegation hangover. Things could be better, but they could be a lot worse. We lost several influential players and coupled with injuries to key players it is hardly surprising we have not played well. I think things will improve and fully expect money to be spent in January if we are thereabouts.
    On the flip side I think Warnock has got to show a bit more flexibility in his team selections. Clearly having a middle 3 that started last night doesn't work as there is not enough creativity or ability to break beyond the striker. Either Tomlin starrs or he plays 2 strikers as Gazel is isolated. Secondly playing 2 wingers means they must cut inside to support the striker. This isn't happening with Murphy being inconsistent and NML being a shadow of his former self. For the Millwall game i expect the following lineup.
    Etheridge
    Peltier
    Bennett
    Morrie
    Flint
    Pack

Ralls
    Paterson
    Whyte
    Gazel
    Hoilett

I fully expect Tomlin to play a part, but to start v Swansea Town.
    At the moment it appears that Warnock has gone into his last season not really looking to the future and not really looking at the present. The stability he provides gives us time to plan next move but I think we're looking at top half but not play-offs at the moment.

I didn’t say it didn’t?

He is far from immune from criticism but I’m happy to give him the season. Tbh play-offs will be a great season in my eyes.

I didn’t really care about the football when we were turning sides over home and away every other week in 2017/18 tbh.

I just hope if we are midtable come feb we start looking to the future and don’t wait until may to start the managerial search.

He is far from immune from criticism but I’m happy to give him the season. Tbh play-offs will be a great season in my eyes.

I didn’t really care about the football when we were turning sides over home and away every other week in 2017/18 tbh.

I just hope if we are midtable come feb we start looking to the future and don’t wait until may to start the managerial search.
    Doesn’t bother me if he stays, also doesn’t bother me if he goes really.

I was loyal enough to stick by OGS Slade and Trollope a little too long, yes we’re only a few points off the pace so it could be argued all isn’t that bad, but the style of football that worked the other season just ain’t working now and the writing has been on the wall.

This is now a nothing season, bold call so early and I’ll get stuck for it, but I ain’t bothered. This season will see us finish top 12 if we’re lucky, by the odd point or goal difference.