+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sticking with Neil

Re: I'm sticking with Neil

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'm sticking with Cardiff City however shit the football is or however shit the management of the club is.
    top post

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Doesn’t bother me if he stays, also doesn’t bother me if he goes really.

I was loyal enough to stick by OGS Slade and Trollope a little too long, yes we’re only a few points off the pace so it could be argued all isn’t that bad, but the style of football that worked the other season just ain’t working now and the writing has been on the wall.

This is now a nothing season, bold call so early and I’ll get stuck for it, but I ain’t bothered. This season will see us finish top 12 if we’re lucky, by the odd point or goal difference.
    well summed up ,really think it would be mad to let him go now , yes we could bring a new man in however that has its risks with dressing room being adversely effected ,players don't or cant react to new tactics and we in the relegation zone .

We above a good number of clubs , two wins from top 6 , hey Fulham are only 2 in front of us ,we get two wins on the trot this all eases.

A few players appears to have the premiership blues mainly Lange , Bennett, Junior not what he was missing Manga and Gunnerson badly, its a new side almost at times .

Bamba back please in some capacity

Tactically he does have to find a slightly difference to play, he will known that he its not a novice .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    well summed up ,really think it would be mad to let him go now , yes we could bring a new man in however that has its risks with dressing room being adversely effected ,players don't or cant react to new tactics and we in the relegation zone .

We above a good number of clubs , two wins from top 6 , hey Fulham are only 2 in front of us ,we get two wins on the trot this all eases.

A few players appears to have the premiership blues mainly Lange , Bennett, Junior not what he was missing Manga and Gunnerson badly, its a new side almost at times .

Tactically he does have to find a slightly difference to play, he will known that he its not a novice .
    The fact he’s not a novice and isn’t changing things IS the worry tbh.

top post
    It’s not a top post.
    It’s something we’ll all do.
    Unless there’s another rebrand 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s not a top post.
    I'd suggest that comes under management of the club

Surely if this is a “Nothing Season” (which I’m inclined to agree with), then wouldn’t now be a good time to change manager?
    I see Carl Robinson is available...

For me, the question needs to be 'what do we gain by keeping Warnock for the season'? We're not going down. We're unlikely to go up; while some might argue that we're not that far off, we've seen nothing this season to suggest we're top 6 contenders.

Some say that Warnock deserves the full season because we won promotion 2 seasons ago. If that's the case, why does he deserve the season? Not financially, he'll be paid the same whether he stays or agrees to move on. Is it so he can have a goodbye at the end of the season from the fans? If that's more important than the future of the club then I despair.

If promotion is unlikely, what goals has Warnock himself got? They're not long term goals. They're not building the club for the future.

Like I say, I can't see that we have anything at all to gain by keeping Warnock on, assuming he leaves at the end of the season or before as he has said. Keeping him on for sentimental reasons is stupid. His only ambition was another promotion attempt. If that's unlikely, we need to start building with another manager. The only reason I'd stick with Warnock until the end of the season is if we have a new manager in mind who cannot start with us until the end of the season. That man would have been carefully chosen and fits what the club are trying to do.

The club could have kept Manga, Reid and After if they'd been ambitious enough. Maybe even Gunnarsson. They should have gone into this season on the back of two seasons of squad continuity, adding Pack and a decent striker. They'd be much better off now had they done that .

The fact they ripped it up and started again just shows a lack of long term, on-the-pitch planning.

I will follow this club until I'm no longer here, but I think it's gutless not to comment when things are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    The club could have kept Manga, Reid and After if they'd been ambitious enough. Maybe even Gunnarsson. They should have gone into this season on the back of two seasons of squad continuity, adding Pack and a decent striker. They'd be much better off now had they done that .

The fact they ripped it up and started again just shows a lack of long term, on-the-pitch planning.

I will follow this club until I'm no longer here, but I think it's gutless not to comment when things are crap.
    Think Manga wanted to go back home didn’t he (could always be a made up story who knows) and by the looks of it Reid was pushed out. Arter went after better money, but I agree we could have shown more ambition. Our business for a relegated side was quite embarrassing really.

That’s not the fault of the players that have come in and will give it their best (if they see the pitch or the bench) either. Manager.

Think Manga wanted to go back home didn’t he (could always be a made up story who knows) and by the looks of it Reid was pushed out. Arter went after better money, but I agree we could have shown more ambition. Our business for a relegated side was quite embarrassing really.

That’s not the fault of the players that have come in and will give it their best (if they see the pitch or the bench) either. Manager.
    And to add to that, I think Gunnarsson didn’t fancy the hurly burly of the Championship, with his legs.

It doesn’t take away from the fact that this is a wasted season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    And to add to that, I think Gunnarsson didn’t fancy the hurly burly of the Championship, with his legs.

It doesn’t take away from the fact that this is a wasted season.
    I’m with you with it being a wasted season now. Can’t blame Gunnar if his legs were going really!! He’s got to stay playing as long as he can.

I’m with you with it being a wasted season now. Can’t blame Gunnar if his legs were going really!! He’s got to stay playing as long as he can.
    Yep.
    So, what about Carl Robinson? Thoughts?

Yep.
    Seems like a hit and hope manager from what I’ve read. On that basis it’s a no. If someone can show me anything other than what we already get I’d like to watch it.

Trouble is the men above him have little to no football knowledge so they took the easy option of keeping a man that said he is leaving.

Yep.
    Very impressive when analysing Welsh games and has been successful in Canada and USA,others to consider Mike Flynn and Gareth Ainsworth?

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    If we don’t win the next 2 games he has to be sacked,he is dragging us backwards.
    We have players that he brought in and are not to be seen again.
    He doesn’t care about Cardiff he just taking the money
    Rubbish. Especially the last sentence, which is blatantly untrue. An average of 0.8 posts a year over the last eleven years and that's the best you can come up with ?

The point is not who left, but who came in. For the second season in a row we were ill-eqipped before the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Very impressive when analysing Welsh games and has been successful in Canada and USA,others to consider Mike Flynn and Gareth Ainsworth?
    A good talker doesn't always make a good manager.

Seems like a hit and hope manager from what I’ve read. On that basis it’s a no. If someone can show me anything other than what we already get I’d like to watch it.
    No?

Reid wanted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Reid wanted to leave.
    Because he wasn’t played.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s not a top post.
    This.

Because he wasn’t played.
    Hed been told was going to be a key part this season hes gone to Fulham and not scored a goal. If he did that for Cardiff he wpuld have been strung up.

Whilst i get people dont like Warnock tactics then why didnt you want him to go when we were promoted.

There is a lot of points to be played for yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Hed been told was going to be a key part this season hes gone to Fulham and not scored a goal. If he did that for Cardiff he wpuld have been strung up.

Whilst i get people dont like Warnock tactics then why didnt you want him to go when we were promoted.

There is a lot of points to be played for yet.
    “Alright lad I know I barely played you last year but you’ll be integral to the team this year”

What idiot would trust those words after being overlooked all year? Or was that what he said once he knew Reid was off to save face..

I criticised our football when we went up. Ask my mates or anyone down the pub what I thought of it...

“Alright lad I know I barely played you last year but you’ll be integral to the team this year”

What idiot would trust those words after being overlooked all year? Or was that what he said once he knew Reid was off to save face..

I criticised our football when we went up. Ask my mates or anyone down the pub what I thought of it...
    Just spoke to Jonesey down the pub reckons your talking shit.

Thats not from me remeber, i belived you

Reid started pretty much half our games and played in 3/4