+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sound familiar?

Sound familiar?

Re: Sound familiar?

I was going to ask this question yesterday, Does OGS get any credit for that result? It's hard to tell, Man Utd have a fantastic squad of players, Liverpool didn't play well, but OGS (or someone) did tinker with the formation.

I suspect but have no proof that Mike Phelan was responsible for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Enlightened.. Probably a team effort no doubt (like most tactics) and the only one with no input would have been Phelan. But when Klopp moves Henderson out right, Ole was the one telling Young to cover him. Same with the space Klopp tried to create for Firmino, Ole told Mc’tommney to stick with him. And when Mane came in central I believe maybe Phelan delivered the message. Within seconds Klopp trying to mix it up he got a response.
    Por sod writing that article having a mare. And like Klopp said before the match. It is impossible to implement your style of play with 5 or 6 players missing. But that was before he was outklopped🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

I'm surprised that Olly hasn't been sacked yet. However, the article does point out that a manager without a specific style of playing is in trouble. Chopping and changing on a whim doesn't work, and surely this makes a point about our own system and manager