+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any travel tips re: Gambia and Senegal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Any travel tips re: Gambia and Senegal?

Lovely lovely people, I stayed in basic hotel, near beach. Can’t remember where, tip go visit local schools, really moving, if you Any spare football tops bring them, I gave a few Fulham tops to guys that worked on beach, they wore them with pride

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Lovely lovely people, I stayed in basic hotel, near beach. Can’t remember where, tip go visit local schools, really moving, if you Any spare football tops bring them, I gave a few Fulham tops to guys that worked on beach, they wore them with pride
    Can you just turn up at a school though? I have helped children read in a local school down here in Somerset and would love to contribute in whatever way possible.

As for taking football shirts: I don't want to be defending "Warnockball" lest I be challenged in the playground.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can you just turn up at a school though? I have helped children read in a local school down here in Somerset and would love to contribute in whatever way possible.
    Yes, it happens quite often.

I am a supporter of a small charity that provides support to a village in The Gambia. We have built a school that now has 700 pupils in two shifts, a medical centre and a maternity unit. A Dutch charity has provided two ambulances.

If you do visit any schools please take a box of pencils, as they will be greatly appreciated.

Oh and make sure that you have all of your jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Yes, it happens quite often.

I am a supporter of a small charity that provides support to a village in The Gambia. We have built a school that now has 700 pupils in two shifts, a medical centre and a maternity unit. A Dutch charity has provided two ambulances.

If you do visit any schools please take a box of pencils, as they will be greatly appreciated.

Oh and make sure that you have all of your jabs.
    Cheers. I am pretty good with having jabs etc. If you care to drop me a line about which school you are involved with I would be happy to contact them direct rather than turn up on spec - and would be prepared to do two or three days there if I can be of any help in any way.
    As far as pencils are concerned: 2B or not 2B? That is the question!

Cheers. I am pretty good with having jabs etc. If you care to drop me a line about which school you are involved with I would be happy to contact them direct rather than turn up on spec - and would be prepared to do two or three days there if I can be of any help in any way.
    As far as pencils are concerned: 2B or not 2B? That is the question!
    I tried to send you a PM, but I got the following message: -
    Taunton Blue Genie has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    I tried to send you a PM, but I got the following message: -
    Taunton Blue Genie has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Thanks. Just got a message stating that my Inbox was full. Cleared now and looking forward to your missive, old fruit.

Can you just turn up at a school though?
    It would probably be a good idea to wear your "I'm NOT a Pedo Tourist" T-shirt if you do..