+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Right then...managerial options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Right then...managerial options

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Do we really want to go back to those days, whereby as soon as we signed someone more than useful the vultures were circling and we were forced to sell because we didnt have a pot to piss in?

I'd certainly like us to be signing the likes of the forementioned players, rather than the crocks & stiffs that Warnock seems to favour, but I would like us to build upon such players and not sell all the time, as we have done in the past.
    Well we’ve at least got a pot to piss in now, so I don’t think that’s a worry.

I think when you’re outside the elite you’ll always have the vultures waiting, look at Brentford for example always seem to be selling players.

Obviously we’d like to keep them and build so I agree there.

Re: Right then...managerial options

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Well we’ve at least got a pot to piss in now, so I don’t think that’s a worry.

I think when you’re outside the elite you’ll always have the vultures waiting, look at Brentford for example always seem to be selling players.

Obviously we’d like to keep them and build so I agree there.
    Agree but the pot has been diminished by Warnock's poor spending. And we now have to pay for Sala so I expect he'll have to unload a few before he gets replacements. We are mid table and need a decent run now until January, which would maybe let the owner invest even more?