Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
Do we really want to go back to those days, whereby as soon as we signed someone more than useful the vultures were circling and we were forced to sell because we didnt have a pot to piss in?

I'd certainly like us to be signing the likes of the forementioned players, rather than the crocks & stiffs that Warnock seems to favour, but I would like us to build upon such players and not sell all the time, as we have done in the past.
No I didn't mean that, but for the club's finances it's clearly better to pay a decent fee and when we sell on make a profit or at least break even. Under Warnock we have just spent money madly and would struggle to get half of it back. So many of his signings have proved to be not good enough. like I said fans are now clamouring for the inclusion of Ward, Bogle, Tomlin and Bamba, and even accepting that Bacuna has a regular place in midfield. two seasons ago that would have been unthought of, except for Bamba of course.

Although to be fair Warnock doesn't seem very tolerant of players if they don't perform- Tomlin and Bogle quickly sent out on loan within months of signing for us. Now glazed has finally been dropped and Ward gets the noid , with Bogle to come on late in the game. It's just we have too many players underperforming at the moment. Only a few have been consistent this season, Etheridge, Smithies, Ralls and Peltier (consistently good that is!).

But we got out money back and maybe made a small profit on Reid when he eventually goes to Fulham. I suppose the fees on Ward, Bogle and Tomlin are not that big and will be written off when they go. But Glatzell and Madine were £11.5m and I doubt we'd get much back for either of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Glaztel returns to Germany iN January, he doesn't look as though he is enjoying himself.