Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
We have a transfer committee of 4. I would expect that a budget is allocated which is reasonable enough. It is acknowledged that 3 of them know little enough about football so, in my view, any failings in the system at the moment is down to NW and the scouting system. NW will determine what sort of player he wants and, I imagine our scouts (whoever they are) will report on whose available, NW chooses (within a budget) and the player is signed.

It would be interesting to know who has the biggest input into the player remuneration. If NW sees the potential player personally salary is bound to be a (if not the) major factor.

It seems to me that any “decent” manager who comes here is going to find that he has, probably within a budget, free rein. I wonder where the “checks and balances” are ?
We've had the transfer committee since the start of the 2014/15 season. It didn't work any better before Warnock arrived at the club, which suggests that the main problem is with the system and not the manager.