+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cost of pitch hire with Bridgend Council.

Cost of pitch hire with Bridgend Council.

Per game going from £56 to £305 with use of pavilion, will be the death of local football. Shocking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cottreII/...95571268345856

Re: Cost of pitch hire with Bridgend Council.

That's the end of local sport then. I'm treasurer of my cricket club. If RCT upped our rent to 27k we'd close tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    That's the end of local sport then. I'm treasurer of my cricket club. If RCT upped our rent to 27k we'd close tomorrow.
    I hadn’t even read the cricket price hike. Terrible.
    Also the bowls clubs, currently self managed but from April 2020 will be £23,000.

Scandalous, council tax is being paid, these facilities should be free. People should be encouraged to use sports facilities, absolutely ridiculous.

Let's complain about the huge cuts to council budgets from Westminster.

that is utterly insane, disgusting

That's disgraceful.

That is absolutely disgusting if true. How can they justify those price hikes?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Things have to be paid for and council funding from Westminster has been decimated. Libraries being closed, schools closing half day on Fridays, bin collections less frequent, council tax going up. It's an easy way of turning people against local authorities and blaming them, whereas councils are having much less to spend, they have legal obligations to safeguard the most vunerable and then try and spend what little is left. Some will moan about councillor expenses and so on but this is a minute amount in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    60% cut in government funding since 2010.

It's Ok for civil servants and council workers to come up with these plans and costings while they still pick up their salaries.

This is shocking .Yes it will kill off grass roots football.

This makes it unaffordable. When teams fold and no one is paying what then?! On another issue, do these ‘military fitness’ type businesses pay for using fields? I noticed they were dragging tractor tyres around Roath rec the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It's Ok for civil servants and council workers to come up with these plans and costings while they still pick up their salaries.
    Are you suggesting they should work for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Civil servants have taken pay cuts year-on-year for ten years in real terms. And I know a few who have been made redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    This is shocking .Yes it will kill off grass roots football.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It'll probably kill of Bridgend parks football to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It'll probably kill of Bridgend parks football to be fair
    I would go as far to say this will kill off grassroots football everywhere if it becomes a trend. Its a huge threat to it.

we pay £75 a pitch down here ( just outside Bath ) I know as at the start of the month i struck a deal with the local parish council to use a pitch they control, as some of the coaches from a few of the boys teams were moaning that the clubs pitch was in poor condition due to the girls playing on it ( no mention to the 4 boys teams that play on it ) i told them to fook off and found our own pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let's complain about the huge cuts to council budgets from Westminster.
    You what?! I'm afraid there's far too many great shows on the telly to find any spare time to complain about anything. Paying more and more Council Tax in return for fewer and fewer services because of central government cuts to funding local authorities isn't reason to moan. You can get het up and even demonstrate to vent your disapproval but don't count on I or my fellow settee slugs to join you, ever.