+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flint

Flint

The more I see of him the more I think he is absolutely atrocious.

He could have stopped both of them goals tonight but bad play on both cost us.
    The first he tried to dangle a leg out to cut out the pass where somebody who reads the game a little better would have taken one stride and cut it out comfortably.
    The second he gets turned and is nowhere from a simple turn from Bradshaw.
    Not seen somebody get done by a turn like that since the Belgian defence at the Euros with Robson-Kanu's Cruyff turn. Bad part was this was a simple shifting of the ba to the right that done Flint all ends up.

I've given him time but I am of the strict opinion that anything below shoulder height and the guy is left floundering. To think we replaced Manga with this scarecrow is unforgivable.

Re: Flint

£5m for a ****ing statue. He is shite.

It doesn’t work with Flint and Morrison! Both are too similar, good in the air but turn like the Titanic and always have a mistake in them! It worked last yeah because of Manga but to replace him with Flint is a shocking bit of business. I’d give Nelson a go, can’t do any worse and would add some pace alongside Morrison.

Warnockball is built on a solid defence and we haven’t even got that this year, we are continually making stupid, stupid errors, particularly away from home.

We are destined to be mid table with the Morrison/Flint combination.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Murphy ?
    We got royally done with the fee we paid for him too.

Murphy though, as bad as he is, did not have such a direct influence on us throwing the three points way tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    £5m for a ****ing statue. He is shite.

It doesn’t work with Flint and Morrison! Both are too similar, good in the air but turn like the Titanic and always have a mistake in them! It worked last yeah because of Manga but to replace him with Flint is a shocking bit of business. I’d give Nelson a go, can’t do any worse and would add some pace alongside Morrison.

Warnockball is built on a solid defence and we haven’t even got that this year, we are continually making stupid, stupid errors, particularly away from home.

We are destined to be mid table with the Morrison/Flint combination.
    Anything but them two together would work.

Take a look at that second goal and you'll see exactly why they should not be in the team together.

Take a look at the ball that gets to Bradshaw on the first too. Dangling a leg at it is either bad reading of the game or just plain lazy. Either way it's just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The more I see of him the more I think he is absolutely atrocious.

He could have stopped both of them goals tonight but bad play on both cost us.
    The first he tried to dangle a leg out to cut out the pass where somebody who reads the game a little better would have taken one stride and cut it out comfortably.
    The second he gets turned and is nowhere from a simple turn from Bradshaw.
    Not seen somebody get done by a turn like that since the Belgian defence at the Euros with Robson-Kanu's Cruyff turn. Bad part was this was a simple shifting of the ba to the right that done Flint all ends up.

I've given him time but I am of the strict opinion that anything below shoulder height and the guy is left floundering. To think we replaced Manga with this scarecrow is unforgivable.
    We need to get Bamba playing if he is fit.

Flint is the difference between what was a decent defence and one that now concedes stupid goals.

Millwall were abject tonight.

I said turn from Bradshaw, it is more of a simple dip of the right shoulder and he's managed to send Flint for a Bovril.

Absolute ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    We need to get Bamba playing if he is fit.

Flint is the difference between what was a decent defence and one that now concedes stupid goals.

Millwall were abject tonight.
    That's why I'm so fed up at the result I think.

On any other night with a centre half who is more competent alongside Morrison we win that by a goal or more.

We went up last time by being hard to beat.
    With this defence shipping goals so easily we won't be featuring in the shake up at the end of the season.

As you rightly point out Flint is the only change to that defence too.

In fairness I don’t think Bennett is having a great season either, and it’s a shame Cunningham was loaned out as he could have offered competition.

We're making some big assumptions about Bamba being the same player that he was, that's a bad injury and a long time for a 33 year old to be out

That's why I'm so fed up at the result I think.

On any other night with a centre half who is more competent alongside Morrison we win that by a goal or more.

We went up last time by being hard to beat.
    With this defence shipping goals so easily we won't be featuring in the shake up at the end of the season.

As you rightly point out Flint is the only change to that defence too.
    Agree in part but Flint isn't the only change to our defence. We've lost Manga and also been without Bamba, both are better defenders than either of our current centre halves.

That said, we should have been a couple of goals up before conceding that second.

It's yet another example of Warnock being rubbish with any significant amount of money to spend.

Best part of £20 million on Flint and Murphy. Jesus wept.

It's yet another example of Warnock being rubbish with any significant amount of money to spend.

Best part of £20 million on Flint and Murphy. Jesus wept.
    Don't forget the fee for Reid either

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Don't forget the fee for Reid either
    And Madine and Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Agree in part but Flint isn't the only change to our defence. We've lost Manga and also been without Bamba, both are better defenders than either of our current centre halves.

That said, we should have been a couple of goals up before conceding that second.
    Obviously losing Manga was not our choice. But we knew that Bamba would be out until at least October, and there’s no guarantee he’ll be ever be at the level he was. Yet Warnock chose to spunk £5m on Flint, to play alongside Morrison, which was destined to fail as they are too similar and when faced with any pace or trickery they are knackered!

I wasn't thrilled at starting the season with flint and Morrison but thought with Vaulks throw ins at least we would be a menace at set pieces. As it turns out Vaulks isn't playing (that's another debate) and Flint is one of the most awkward players I have seen. It is a waste of time throwing the ball into him. He has so little agility he rarely puts himself into a position to win the ball effectively. As it turns out for a team full of giants we are largely shite with set pieces. What benefits is he bringing into this team?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    We're making some big assumptions about Bamba being the same player that he was, that's a bad injury and a long time for a 33 year old to be out
    I’m not saying that a Bamba IS the answer but he might be. I saying that Flint isn’t though.

We all want to give him time to prove that he is a decent player, like Morrison was afforded, but in the meantime we continue to ship stupid goals and throw away points.

I’m never comfortable with him playing in defence and always waiting for him to get done for pace or make a mistake, which seems to happen every game.

Very disappointing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Your point is valid, but Bamba is older than you think. He’ll be 35 in January.

Just seen the highlights again and while Flint was definitely done on the second he is trying to cover for Morrison who for some reason shoots out of the line they're holding when he shouldn't have to.

Last season we were shouting for Manga instead of Bamba.
    Funny old game Saint

Can't Peltier go in there and put Jazz at right back?

In fairness I don’t think Bennett is having a great season either, and it’s a shame Cunningham was loaned out as he could have offered competition.
    I think Bennett has been disappointing so far and played his part in a very dodgy defence

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can't Peltier go in there and put Jazz at right back?
    That would be for 5 minutes and Jazz would pick up another injury, if he wasn’t injured in the warm up!

That would be for 5 minutes and Jazz would pick up another injury, if he wasn’t injured in the warm up!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Your point is valid, but Bamba is older than you think. He’ll be 35 in January.
    oh shit the bed