+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyway, on to the Jacks

Anyway, on to the Jacks

At the end of August, Swansea won 1-0 at Leeds to go top of the Championship and were drawing lots of praise from the pundits. They were top scorers in the division and were 8 points ahead of us.

Since that result, Swansea have managed

1 win in 7.
    1 point from their last 4 home games.
    5 goals scored.
    9 conceded.

It's been a spectacular fall from top to 7th.

Over the same time, we have

still not won away.
    10 points from our last 7 games
    12 goals scored.
    10 conceded.

Swansea's recent troubles have been at home, where they've struggled to score goals in more recent times. They've conceded 10 goals in 7 home league games (compared with us conceding 4 at the CCS). In contrast, their away form has been very good indeed. Ours hasn't. We have the worst away defensive record in the division, but also the 4th best scoring record.

It would appear that Swansea have difficulty breaking teams down at home, but have been able to frustrate teams away and pinch goals. They're not going to be able to play a counter attacking game against us as we'll sit back and let them play on the half way line. Their dilemma will be when to commit numbers to attack, knowing that one accurate long ball could be their undoing.

We're scoring goals at the moment, which is encouraging, especially away, where we've scored 2 in each of our last 3 away games. If we can shore up defensively and stop the mistakes, there's no reason why we can't win there.

Re: Anyway, on to the Jacks

We should beat them. Im concerned about keeping 11 on the pitch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We're cuter than them. I think it's the other way around.

At the moment we are dog shit,going for a 2-2 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    At the moment we are dog shit,going for a 2-2 draw.
    I think we'd both consider that an improvement. I'll shake hands on that!

I don't fancy it. I'll take 0-0 right now.

3-0 Swansea.

A battle to see who will finish 12th or 13th this season!!

We will conspire to balls it up

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Especially if Tomlin starts for us.

“One accurate long ball could be their undoing”

They’ll be fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At the end of August, Swansea won 1-0 at Leeds to go top of the Championship and were drawing lots of praise from the pundits. They were top scorers in the division and were 8 points ahead of us.

1 win in 7.
    5 goals scored.
    9 conceded.

still not won away.
    12 goals scored.
    10 conceded.

Swansea's recent troubles have been at home, where they've struggled to score goals in more recent times. They've conceded 10 goals in 7 home league games (compared with us conceding 4 at the CCS). In contrast, their away form has been very good indeed. Ours hasn't. We have the worst away defensive record in the division, but also the 4th best scoring record.

It would appear that Swansea have difficulty breaking teams down at home, but have been able to frustrate teams away and pinch goals. They're not going to be able to play a counter attacking game against us as we'll sit back and let them play on the half way line. Their dilemma will be when to commit numbers to attack, knowing that one accurate long ball could be their undoing.

We're scoring goals at the moment, which is encouraging, especially away, where we've scored 2 in each of our last 3 away games. If we can shore up defensively and stop the mistakes, there's no reason why we can't win there.
    I’m optimistic, sounds like they’ve fallen apart.

We can frustrate and look likely to score

Ah well, that’s a 3-0 defeat then.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    “One accurate long ball could be their undoing”

They’ll be fine then.

It’s good to have a sense of humour in these trying times I suppose.

I think we have too many liabilities 3-1 to the JBs after a Red Card against us

I dont think ive ever been so apathetic towards a derby against the Jacks than I have about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I dont think ive ever been so apathetic towards a derby against the Jacks than I have about this one.
    Agreed although the one under Solskjaer is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Agreed although the one under Solskjaer is up there.
    Knowing everyone is gonna be hammered by the time we kick off isn’t making it any more appealing to me either tbh.

Either gonna be in a pub full of angry welsh fans with some of them interested in our game and already fired up to kick off if it looks remotely like city won’t get a result, or they’re all gonna be happy as **** spilling beer and not care that we’re on (apart from our fans) and they’ll be getting in the way of the screens and the usual manc/scouse fans will be cheering on the jacks for their own little laugh...

Either way sounds ****ing awful for a day out.

We know in a derby game anything can, and usually does, happen.
    Hope Hoilett fit. He was class last night.

They’re there for the taking… Attack! Attack! Attack!

1 win in 7.
    5 goals scored.
    9 conceded.

still not won away.
    12 goals scored.
    10 conceded.

All stats read well but as we know, in these derby games form usually goes out of the window.
    I am sure both teams will be well up for it so red cards could influence the result.
    I have ongoing concerns with both Morrison and Flint and feel that the opposition will always get something.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    All stats read well but as we know, in these derby games form usually goes out of the window.
    I am sure both teams will be well up for it so red cards could influence the result.
    I have ongoing concerns with both Morrison and Flint and feel that the opposition will always get something.
    Morrison and Flint will spark a bit of confidence back into their attack, just as they looked to be on a little slump. It’s the Cardiff way.

They’ll beat us and go on another decent run on the back of it.