+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our start has been disappointing but just about okay.

Our start has been disappointing but just about okay.

Having lost our first 2 away games being in a position where we have only lost 3 of 13 is okay.

We need to start winning now.

Where are we next. 🤪

Re: Our start has been disappointing but just about okay.

It's hard to see what's going to change at this stage. Oddly enough I thought that was one of our best performances last night, but as soon as we get one thing right there's a cock up somewhere else on the field. There's definitely something missing in terms of operating consistently as a unit but it's hard to identify the problem because it changes from game to game.
    It's still possible , but I'm not now really expecting much this season. I'm not seeing progress and it's therefore hard to avoid the idea that we need to look to some fundamental changes , which would take a couple of years to take effect even if they were successful.

I regret very much to observe that we seem to have lost all momentum

You would think if we could start keeping a few clean sheets away from home we might scrape the last play off place as we still appear to be a difficult team to play against - but we need to find that habit of winning 1-0 or 2-1 away from home that we had 2 seasons ago

I actually thought we played well last night for the majority of the game. We are shite at the back though.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It's hard to see what's going to change at this stage. Oddly enough I thought that was one of our best performances last night, but as soon as we get one thing right there's a cock up somewhere else on the field. There's definitely something missing in terms of operating consistently as a unit but it's hard to identify the problem because it changes from game to game.
    It's still possible , but I'm not now really expecting much this season. I'm not seeing progress and it's therefore hard to avoid the idea that we need to look to some fundamental changes , which would take a couple of years to take effect even if they were successful.

I regret very much to observe that we seem to have lost all momentum
    Has someone hacked this account?

The defence are letting the rest of the side down

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Has someone hacked this account?
    Weird innit. Is RB essentially saying “ Warnock Out!” ??

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I actually thought we played well last night for the majority of the game. We are shite at the back though.
    So much is about perception - if we had six wins and three draws from our last ten matches, not the other way around, I think the response to last night would have been much different. I agree with you about us playing well, certainly by the standards of this season, last night, but it's still being judged as another failure because we didn't get what was needed in our current position - that game would look a lot better from, say, fourth in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So much is about perception - if we had six wins and three draws from our last ten matches, not the other way around, I think the response to last night would have been much different. I agree with you about us playing well, certainly by the standards of this season, last night, but it's still being judged as another failure because we didn't get what was needed in our current position - that game would look a lot better from, say, fourth in the table.
    As a relegated club we should be “playing” against all teams in the division to be fair.
    It’s nice to see us play better stuff, but the fact is we’ve tried it against millwall who are quite shit really aren’t they.