+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where did all of these draws come from?

Where did all of these draws come from?

Re: Where did all of these draws come from?

Bob the link takes me to your Millwall quiz not your match report.

It was in fact 50 league matches without a score draw between the Sheffield United game and the Fulham game.

It's now been 5 score draws in the last 8 league games and I reckon there will be plenty more before the season is over. City's size, tactics and physicality mean they are difficult for most Championship sides to play against, but the current team doesn't have enough ability to win matches regularly. They can score goals but they're also always likely to concede. The Bluebirds have mid-table stamped all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Working for me now

More draws than Sludge removes from local washing lines in an average week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It was in fact 50 league matches without a score draw between the Sheffield United game and the Fulham game.

It's now been 5 score draws in the last 8 league games and I reckon there will be plenty more before the season is over. City's size, tactics and physicality mean they are difficult for most Championship sides to play against, but the current team doesn't have enough ability to win matches regularly. They can score goals but they're also always likely to concede. The Bluebirds have mid-table stamped all over them.
    I've just checked again and I make it seven games in 17/18, thirty eight last season and three this season - presumably, you're counting the two games that were 1-1 draws as well?

Either way, it's a very odd sequence made all the odder by what's happened since the Fulham match - I agree that we're likely to see a lot more of them this season because we've lost the knack of winning tight games which served us so well in 17/18 once the quality stuff we played in the opening weeks of that season disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've just checked again and I make it seven games in 17/18, thirty eight last season and three this season - presumably, you're counting the two games that were 1-1 draws as well?
    It was 7 in 2017/18.

All 38 in 2018/19.

The first 5 games this season (Wigan, Luton, Reading, Huddersfield, Blackburn) before the 1-1 draw with Fulham.

50 games in total.

It was 7 in 2017/18.

All 38 in 2018/19.

The first 5 games this season (Wigan, Luton, Reading, Huddersfield, Blackburn) before the 1-1 draw with Fulham.

50 games in total.
    Yes, I was thinking we drew our fourth game this season for some reason, I'll alter what I wrote now - thanks for pointing that out .

Bacuna's 'illness' was a damaged foot - incurred after kicking the shutters on the way to the changing room after being subbed on Friday so hard that it could be heard in the Ninian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Bacuna's 'illness' was a damaged foot - incurred after kicking the shutters on the way to the changing room after being subbed on Friday so hard that it could be heard in the Ninian.
    Im surprised he got close enough to the shutters to kick them. He didnt get anywhere near Barry Bannan.

Agree with that. I also believe Warnock's teams are usually picked with the intention of trying to be difficult to beat as opposed to looking to go for wins.