+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three More Years

Three More Years

Re: Three More Years

I don't believe any of them. I presume that they can't dodge an election for three years though, and let's hope after they've been chucked out we can get on with a No Deal Brexit and consign the EU to the book of unpleasant memories

The conspiracy not to allows to leave grows as does the likelihood that Boris will win the election.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The conspiracy not to allows to leave grows as does the likelihood that Boris will win the election.
    What conspiracy is that then?

Is it the one which Cameron introduced a pointless referendum which enabled May to take charge calling a pointless election here she lost her majorly, then bringing back an agreement half her party turned down which they now support (although it’s worse) because their idea of charisma is a fat overgrown school boy with nothing more than a penchant for quoting Latin?

But I dare say it’s labour and the EU’s fault in your world?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

Is it the one which Cameron introduced a pointless referendum which enabled May to take charge calling a pointless election here she lost her majorly, then bringing back an agreement half her party turned down which they now support (although it’s worse) because their idea of charisma is a fat overgrown school boy with nothing more than a penchant for quoting Latin?

Well if you're suggesting that all this constant gratuitous delay is anything except deliberate I don't think many people will believe it

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

To answer your question bluntly yes it is a conspiracy by Labour ,Liberals ,SNP and Europe ensuring we cannot leave.

To answer your question bluntly yes it is a conspiracy by Labour ,Liberals ,SNP and Europe ensuring we cannot leave.

If you’re going to go down the anyone but the government route why haven’t you included the ERG?

It’s unbelievable myopic behaviour you show that you refuse time and time again to attribute blame to the Tories for this farce.

I’m expecting you might reply saying ‘they have done things wrong but Labour, the EU blah blah blah....’

It is obviously a conspiracy by the British people. A year after the Referendum they elected this Parliament to represent them and hold the government to account (parliamentary democracy anyone?) and now the bastards are doing just that.

Conspiracy - "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful"

I'll just leave that there.

Fits your definition.
    In fact it's driven by globalism, but I hesitate to mention that because so many people find it impossible to see anything beyond labour versus Tory .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It is obviously a conspiracy by the British people. A year after the Referendum they elected this Parliament to represent them and hold the government to account (parliamentary democracy anyone?) and now the bastards are doing just that.
    And they were elected on a manifesto of enacting the referrendum but they're not doing that.
    You're great at these little put downs of a lot of people as we saw with your silly comments and cartoons about the divisions in Ireland ,
    but your " let them eat cake" attitude wouldn't go down well in the real world.
    People can only be put off for so long with bullshit before they demand that promises are kept.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    And they were elected on a manifesto of enacting the referrendum but they're not doing that.
    You're great at these little put downs of a lot of people as we saw with your silly comments and cartoons about the divisions in Ireland ,
    People can only be put off for so long with bullshit before they demand that promises are kept.
    Parliament just gave Johnson's bill a second reading. They had sight of it for whole hours before they decided more than 48 hours were needed to scrutinise it. The main reason it has taken over 3 years to get to this stage is gross ineptitude and incompetence by the government and a cabal of their posturing backbenchers. Sure a large minority of MPs would like to reverse Brexit now that the small print is emerging (and according to many polls a small majority of the public would too), but that is not the cause of the delay.

My comments in response to your infantile pronouncements on Ireland were not a put down on any people other than you, and it was an opportunity to introduce a little piece of satire from the great Steve Bell. You should be grateful!

I suppose you making a totally incongruous reference to the alleged words of a Bourbon queen in the face of food riots (unconnected to anything else in this thread - but why try to be relevant at this late stage of your messageboard career) is an improvement on infantile abuse, self-puffery and frothing UKIP/Express-style screams of 'traitor' at anyone who doesn't agree with your ugly and warped world view. Some progress there!

I am sure Brexit will happen - just not sure it will be a form of Brexit that Farage, Braine, Batten and you will fully approve. That will probably be because you have been stitched up and betrayed by the globalist conspiracy.... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It is fair comment to say that many MPs (on both sides of the argument) have changed their tunes since the Referendum campaign - but my point was that the people of this country elected a new parliament to represent them a year later. Unless those quotes are from after the 2017 election (they aren't) they are not relevant. The electorate saw those comments and still elected this parliament a year later to represent them. You could (and no doubt will) argue that the various parties in parliament have failed to deliver on their 2017 election manifestos - debateable - but that requires a different set of clips!

Fits your definition.
    In fact it's driven by globalism, but I hesitate to mention that because so many people find it impossible to see anything beyond labour versus Tory .
    How you could you categorise it as secret or unlawful? Harmful is subjective so it wouldn't be worth discussing.

The only people who shoehorn party politics into almost every post they make are you and LOM

In what universe were Labour MPs elected on a platform that involved enacting this week's version of brexit?

"We will scrap the Conservatives’
    Brexit White Paper and replace it
    with fresh negotiating priorities that
    have a strong emphasis on retaining
    the benefits of the Single Market
    and the Customs Union – which
    are essential for maintaining
    industries, jobs and businesses in
    Britain"

Parliament just gave Johnson's bill a second reading. They had sight of it for whole hours before they decided more than 48 hours were needed to scrutinise it. The main reason it has taken over 3 years to get to this stage is gross ineptitude and incompetence by the government and a cabal of their posturing backbenchers. Sure a large minority of MPs would like to reverse Brexit now that the small print is emerging (and according to many polls a small majority of the public would too), but that is not the cause of the delay.

My comments in response to your infantile pronouncements on Ireland were not a put down on any people other than you, and it was an opportunity to introduce a little piece of satire from the great Steve Bell. You should be grateful!

I suppose you making a totally incongruous reference to the alleged words of a Bourbon queen in the face of food riots (unconnected to anything else in this thread - but why try to be relevant at this late stage of your messageboard career) is an improvement on infantile abuse, self-puffery and frothing UKIP/Express-style screams of 'traitor' at anyone who doesn't agree with your ugly and warped world view. Some progress there!

I am sure Brexit will happen - just not sure it will be a form of Brexit that Farage, Braine, Batten and you will fully approve. That will probably be because you have been stitched up and betrayed by the globalist conspiracy.... again.

The reference to Marie Antoinette is, by now , a common description of those who choose to ignore the seething anger of the people and comfort each other that it'll all go away. It won't .

You clearly feel very insulated from reality as we can see from the way you insult and try to diminish people in a way you wouldn't do in person - well that's not unusual these days but it won't stop the tide from coming in I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    In what universe were Labour MPs elected on a platform that involved enacting this week's version of brexit?

"We will scrap the Conservatives’
    Brexit White Paper and replace it
    with fresh negotiating priorities that
    have a strong emphasis on retaining
    the benefits of the Single Market
    and the Customs Union – which
    are essential for maintaining
    industries, jobs and businesses in
    Britain"

I keep telling you that I make little distinction between parties. The vast majority of MPs elected at the last election had promised the voters that they would enact the referendum and that's the fact of it.
    Hair splitting at this point in time , which is exactly what they do themselves, does nothing but exasperate the electorate.

I keep telling you that I make little distinction between parties. The vast majority of MPs elected at the last election had promised the voters that they would enact the referendum and that's the fact of it.
    Hair splitting at this point in time , which is exactly what they do themselves, does nothing but exasperate the electorate.
    'Detail doesn't matter' is usually a principle adopted by people who have nothing to say or something to hide. The fact is 'enact the result of the referendum' is just another meaningless catchphrase alongside 'brexit means brexit', 'jobs first brexit', 'get brexit done'.

The detail matters and the destination matters. The result of the referendum was to leave the EU. It didn't say when it would happen, how we would leave or what the future relationship would be.

Didn't need to say any of those things, since it was obvious that details would have to be addressed.

Where do you get these broad statements from about people who look at the big picture rather than getting bogged down in the details? The reality is roughly the opposite to that - a General need not be able to strip a rifle or yomp for 25 miles overnight since there are people who can take care of such things. He merely decides whether to undertake an operation or not, and whether it can succeed.

( well he considers a few other things too, but the point remains )

'Detail doesn't matter' is usually a principle adopted by people who have nothing to say or something to hide. The fact is 'enact the result of the referendum' is just another meaningless catchphrase alongside 'brexit means brexit', 'jobs first brexit', 'get brexit done'.

The detail matters and the destination matters. The result of the referendum was to leave the EU. It didn't say when it would happen, how we would leave or what the future relationship would be.
    Well hopefully the electorate will decide which side delivered the most bullshit over the last three years if Labour have the balls to accept the fight that will be thrown down to them on monday for a December election .

Put up or shut up time is fast approaching

Well hopefully the electorate will decide which side delivered the most bullshit over the last three years if Labour have the balls to accept the fight that will be thrown down to them on monday for a December election .

Put up or shut up time is fast approaching
    Agree with that completely. Labour are easy pickings if they say no once the threat of no deal is gone.

Agree with that completely. Labour are easy pickings if they say no once the threat of no deal is gone.
    The Liberal vote will be the one to watch in my humble opinion.

The Liberal vote will be the one to watch in my humble opinion.
    I wonder if the PM thinks he can drag a few Labour MPs who really don't want an election along with him. It's the only real reason to suggest this quite long delay before parliament shuts down for the election period.

I wonder if the PM thinks he can drag a few Labour MPs who really don't want an election along with him. It's the only real reason to suggest this quite long delay before parliament shuts down for the election period.
    Its such a shit fest I think the election is the way to go , at least we allow folk to chose a side as long as each side has a clear mandate , and there lies the challenge for Labour , it has to pick a side fully leave or fully remain ,this in between stuff damages them , sometimes you have to be brave and make a clear choice even if it has risks associated to it .