Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I find the suggestion anyone is pro Boris in the media especially if you consider the following:

BBC accused of being pro remain .
The hysteria In all sections of the media of Boris to mention a few :

proguiging parliament .

Lying to the queen .

Supreme court ruling.

His row in his girlfriend's flat.

The association with the American lass.l

His attacks on May .

The use of Humburg on parliament.

Sorry as some point out there's blindness out there when it comes to politics .

This idea the press /media is pro right wing it not completely true , its which story you chose to follow and comment on, and what hatred you have festering within you.

Ironically there was an awful statement in the lords last week suggesting fire fighters may have treated the Grenville Tower differently depending on the race of the occupants, it went largely unreported, can you imagine a politician or house of Lords MP on the right side of politics getting away with that ??
Even in these chaotic days, this qualifies as a completely ludicrous and somewhat baffling argument. Working my way down your message, I would start by agreeing with you that not everyone in the media is pro Johnson, but, certainly in the print media, the large majority of them are.- as for the BBC there was a poll done quite recently, that there is a large number of people who think they are left wing biased, but then there are similar numbers who feel they are right wing biased.

As has been pointed out already, you then go on to claim that by reporting the events you list (news events which were covered by the news media!) this is, somehow, proving that the news media is anti, not pro, Johnson. I don't get why you didn't also mention the fact that we have a Prime Minister who won't say how many children he has fathered, his intervention in the Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe case when he was Foreign Secretary, tthe fact he twice voted against a deal which could have had us out of the EU months ago and that he has hung out the DUP to dry in the last fortnight - using your logic, that would have strengthened your argument.

Can I ask, if you don't think the media is pro Johnson, who do you think they favour? Even you can't imagine it is jeremy Corbyn and his party surely? Just imagine what the print media would have made of the events you list if a quarter of them related to Corbyn not Johnson.

The notion that any of the stories you list should be ignored and are down to the petty vendettas of the writers, as you seem to imply, is simply ridiculous when you consider that they relate to the Prime Minister of this country

Just click on the page on the BBC website which shows the front pages of the national newspapers and you soon see how "hostile" the majority of the print media is to Johnson.

Finally, if you are going to bring a tragedy where scores of people needlessly died or were made homeless into your argument, at least get the name of the block of flats that burned down right - it was Grenfell Tower.