+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chopra's winner in 2010

chopra's winner in 2010

Just been reading WOL about this.....I was back from France and the only seat I could get was way up in the corner of the Grandstand.....perfectly placed for the winner. Aaron Wildig ..whatever happened to him?? I remember reports that he was better than Aaron Ramsey at the same age....and it was certainly a very deliberate header over the defence to Chopra....so he has to have great credit also. It seemed like an age before it dropped to Chopra...who made no mistake.
    Remember staying behind for ages taunting the Swans in the opposite corner!

Astonishing to note that in over 100 years....neither side has completed the 'double'......

Re: chopra's winner in 2010

As an aside...does anyone remember Dilwyn John, goalkeeper??? He made 88 appearances for Cardiff and 80 for Swansea.
    I read he was also a talented snooker player and became Welsh amateur champion during the 1980s and was runner-up in the 1985 IBSF World Snooker Championships.[3]

I remember him making his CCFC debut at 17......and saw him get 6 past him at Chelsea (he was dropped after that but was not at fault for any of them). He was not a tall man but a good keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just been reading WOL about this.....I was back from France and the only seat I could get was way up in the corner of the Grandstand.....perfectly placed for the winner. Aaron Wildig ..whatever happened to him?? I remember reports that he was better than Aaron Ramsey at the same age....and it was certainly a very deliberate header over the defence to Chopra....so he has to have great credit also. It seemed like an age before it dropped to Chopra...who made no mistake.

Astonishing to note that in over 100 years....neither side has completed the 'double'......
    Aaron Wildig did look promising back then, been at Morecambe since 2015 apparently.

a truly great goal that one

Same year as the Canton Mile banner on the roundabout

Could be the year for the double,what odds i wonder ?

Adam Mathews the lad Dave Jones verbally assassinated after scoring an own goal took the throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Adam Mathews the lad Dave Jones verbally assassinated after scoring an own goal took the throw in.
    Another youngster ruined by Jones. Thank god we've not got a manager like that now who can spot talent and give us exciting football to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Another youngster ruined by Jones. Thank god we've not got a manager like that now who can spot talent and give us exciting football to watch.
    And then choke everytime push comes to shove.

Character building-Adam Mathews-The original Snowflake

And then choke everytime push comes to shove.
    we only got into the position to choke in the first place because he took a poor side and made it good. And good to watch.

Im pretty certain Ramsey wouldnt have been left out if Warnock had been manager.

we only got into the position to choke in the first place because he took a poor side and made it good. And good to watch.

In my top five favourite goals of all time along side (off the top of my head)

Bellamy v Italy
    HRK v Belg
    Nathan Blake v Man City
    ......maybe Bellamy v Jacks (away)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Bellamy v Italy
    HRK v Belg
    Nathan Blake v Man City
    Chopra vs the Jacks
    Bellamy v Italy
    HRK v Belg
    Woodburn vs Austria (didn't work out in the end but for sheer joy and relief at the time)
    Ledley vs Barnsley

McCormack's pen after Allen's late late goal at Ninian Park has to be up there too

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Chopra vs the Jacks
    Bellamy v Italy
    HRK v Belg
    Woodburn vs Austria (didn't work out in the end but for sheer joy and relief at the time)
    Ledley vs Barnsley

McCormack's pen after Allen's late late goal at Ninian Park has to be up there too
    Thought Ben Turner’s at Wembley May have got an honourable mention Delmi, loudest roar I’ve ever heard from the City fans, shit myself😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thought Ben Turner’s at Wembley May have got an honourable mention Delmi, loudest roar I’ve ever heard from the City fans, shit myself��
    I was In America for that, watched it on a laptop in a Denny's so it wasn't quite the same

I've convinced myself their fans were singing 'You'll never beat the jacks' when Chopra scored that, but watching a video of the goal I can't hear it which is a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I've convinced myself their fans were singing 'You'll never beat the jacks' when Chopra scored that, but watching a video of the goal I can't hear it which is a bit disappointing.
    they were just before the attack, well thats how i remember it

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

HRK v Belg
    Nathan Blake v Man City
    Got to agree with them 3, good calls

One of those classic "I was there moments". Well into injury time too, so no way back. You can just make out some of the early leavers running back when they hear the roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    One of those classic "I was there moments". Well into injury time too, so no way back. You can just make out some of the early leavers running back when they hear the roar!
    My oldest still talks to friends about it, she was 7 at the time, loved it

She was talking about it in one of her BTEC sports lecture only a few weeks ago, they were talking about " highs at sports " and last minute winners

My best three goals were

Routledge v Cardiff
    Dyer v Cardiff
    Bony v Cardiff

3-0 Swans

Have a safe weekend lads. Let’s hope it’s a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    My best three goals were

Routledge v Cardiff
    Dyer v Cardiff
    Bony v Cardiff

3-0 Swans

Have a safe weekend lads. Let’s hope it’s a great game.
    Wilmot

1-0

As an aside...does anyone remember Dilwyn John, goalkeeper??? He made 88 appearances for Cardiff and 80 for Swansea.
    I read he was also a talented snooker player and became Welsh amateur champion during the 1980s and was runner-up in the 1985 IBSF World Snooker Championships.[3]

I remember him making his CCFC debut at 17......and saw him get 6 past him at Chelsea (he was dropped after that but was not at fault for any of them). He was not a tall man but a good keeper.
    Played a couple of league games against him - at snooker ! Beat me twice, the second time was eating his complimentary sandwich whilst compiling a 50 odd break. Told me a few stories about playing away at Burnley in Div. 1, having to pick darts out of his back courtesy of the Burnley 'fans' behind the goal..