+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trivial things that you would banish to Room 101?

Re: Trivial things that you would banish to Room 101?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Your quitting.? Good lad. It’s for the best.
    Nah mate, I’m not being part of a silly spat that’s now moved threads, crack on in the other thread eh billy. Oh wait.. your arse went.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Can you wait until the end of the year? because I'm taking my dad to go see the Bootleg Beatles in December
    Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    People born in the Rhondda who support Liverpool.
    Any scouser, sofa sitting supporter , oh and shell suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue View Post
    Middle lane hoggers drive me crazy, they sit in the middle lane at 60MPH totally oblivious to the mayhem they’re causing.
    Third lane drivers travelling at 61mph looking at the 60mph middle laners. 🤔

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

People travelling at 60mph taking a shortcut whilst looking for some mysterious West Indian women with a cow

Room 101.

I like Frank Skinner, but it's been going 25 years, has run out of steam, and it's time is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Gogglebox, and anyone who watches it.
    agreed.

c_unts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    People born in the Rhondda who support Liverpool.
    this also

c_nts

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Lots of Americanisms grate but the concept of 'ruining our language' is an odd one.
    English is a Germanic language hugely influenced by Norman French, most of which was derived from vulgar Latin.
    Language constantly evolves and English wouldn't exist in the first place if it didn't.
    Grammatical rules were often laid down by academics/printers/authors at a particular point in time and having them set in stone for perpetuity never works.
    However, if I hear 'I'm good' again after asking after someone's welfare I'll scream.
    A lot of people from SE England I worked with in construction, when asked in the morning, "How are you?" would answer "Yes". I never did understand it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know we all moan about middle lane hoggers (fair enough) but I can never understand motorists who hog the outside lane. In the event of trouble there are very few places to go! At least on the inside lane there is the option of the hard shoulder, assuming it is not a "smart" motorway of course. "Smart motorway" - yet another misnomer if ever there was one!
    Did you see the other day someone in the M of T actually said to a commons committee, ~~"We know smart motorway are killing people!" He said work is being suspended while they are investigated.
    the sooner they get rid of them the better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Men, particularly sexist and racist ones
    People that don't get irony. Or any form of humour.

People that go around claiming they are not racist, yet are completely patronising to people of a different race, even going as far as to get outraged on their behalf.

Queuing at bars.

[QUOTE=Mr Shhh;5016893]Queuing at bars.[/QUOTE
    Used to get really frustrated waiting to get served at the bar, I’ve changed my mind now, there’s so many pubs falling by the wayside it’s a pleasure to be in a busy pub. But the thing that pisses me off is someone getting served before me when it’s my turn, it’s really poor etiquette. I liken being at a packed bar to being in a packed barbers, everyone in the crowd knows their place in the pecking order. I’ll always say He/she’s before me if the server goes to serve me and I know it’s not my turn. A lot of this is down to bar staff though, experienced barmaids in years gone by would work the bar like maestros, they knew who was next therefore diffusing any awkward situation, they also had the knack of serving two or three customers at once. Experienced barmaids (it was rarely barmen) were brilliant.

[QUOTE=splott parker;5016894]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Queuing at bars.[/QUOTE
    Used to get really frustrated waiting to get served at the bar, I’ve changed my mind now, there’s so many pubs falling by the wayside it’s a pleasure to be in a busy pub. But the thing that pisses me off is someone getting served before me when it’s my turn, it’s really poor etiquette. I liken being at a packed bar to being in a packed barbers, everyone in the crowd knows their place in the pecking order. I’ll always say He/she’s before me if the server goes to serve me and I know it’s not my turn. A lot of this is down to bar staff though, experienced barmaids in years gone by would work the bar like maestros, they knew who was next therefore diffusing any awkward situation, they also had the knack of serving two or three customers at once. Experienced barmaids (it was rarely barmen) were brilliant.
    Something that really gets to me as well that is, and you know standing at the bar the types that will follow the unwritten rule and the ones that won’t. Usually give you an “oooh sorry” as they blurt out their gay order of 3 types of fruit cider and gins “oooh and a wkd for Luke he was out late last night” *****.

Into room 101 would go cardiff bus, people who spit, people who put their feet on bus seats, people who say can I get and finally people who paint blankets with happy birthday dwayne on them and drape them over important traffic signs and leave them there months after the spog has recovered from his hangover.

[QUOTE=dembethewarrior;5016906]
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Something that really gets to me as well that is, and you know standing at the bar the types that will follow the unwritten rule and the ones that won’t. Usually give you an “oooh sorry” as they blurt out their gay order of 3 types of fruit cider and gins “oooh and a wkd for Luke he was out late last night” *****.
    😂😂😂

"reality" TV
    Soap operas
    My neighbour, who won't fix his fence that divides our gardens (It's his fence, mine is between me and my other neighbour)
    He's a nutter - he accused me of letting my dog shit on his garden - when I didn't own a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    "reality" TV
    Soap operas
    My neighbour, who won't fix his fence that divides our gardens (It's his fence, mine is between me and my other neighbour)
    He's a nutter - he accused me of letting my dog shit on his garden - when I didn't own a dog!
    How about building a fence adjacent to his but on your property. Just a thought.

1. Scottish football results and tables.
    2. Strictly come dancing.
    3. Alan Sugar.
    4. ‘Baby on Board’ stickers on cars.