+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

A friend has just asked me if we’ve put in a good performance this season. I have to admit I’m struggling to think of one. I was more than willing to wait until around this point in the season to reach an informed opinion and, sadly, we are badly lacking. I can accept a lack of quality but the money outlaid has been poorly spent and the football is just awful. The amount of headed kicks and clearances that reach the opposition is astonishing, and the lack of space for our centre midfielders is so frustrating. No doubt Warnock will point towards us missing key players in Bacuna and Hoilett, but come on, the point of an expensively assembled squad is that we have quality replacements. Ralls has gone backwards, Pack has yet to live up to the billing and Bacuna can’t seem to stay fit and consistent. Whyte is bang average at best and spends too much time tracking back to defend. Glatzel is another dud who will follow Madine into obscurity before the season is out. We have a £4 million signing (which raised eyebrows) who has been sent on loan and is now out for the season. The Flint-Morrison pairing has looked slow and ponderous all season and NML is a shadow of himself. It’s so difficult to find a positive at present.

Morrison offering out fans at the end. He really is a knob.

I’m not sure if I heard it correctly or not but it sounded like Swansea fans were shouting ‘HOOF’ when we had the ball and were launching it forward.

It probably needs something like that to make people wake up and act on the shite that is being served up

Which fans? (Sunderland Bluebird)

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No, they haven’t. But they’ve shown how much money a manger can spend on garbage, circa £60 million in 3 years and the squad is worse than the one he inherited. Absolutely shocking
    swansea.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Morrison offering out fans at the end. He really is a knob.
    Our fans can be quite cunty when we lose, I’d offer a few of them out too !!

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC99 View Post
    Bloody rubbish, no ideas going forward. Swansea should have had more than one.
    Yep.

Absolutely terrible and dreadful to watch.

Can't/won't pass to each other (pretty important in football), and now can't defend.

Over the decades I have seen many derbies...many we have lost...but this was simply embarrassing...and unacceptable. Regrettably I have to now side with those who wish to see NW go and a more progressive coach installed. This was truly shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with much of that, but not with "Swansea edged it", I thought it was 1-0 thrashing myself.
    In turn, I don't agree with your reply because if Swansea had really turned the screw, it could have been 3-0.

My point is that they were bad, just not as much as us.

Swansea wasted a number of good positions but proceeded to feck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Over the decades I have seen many derbies...many we have lost...but this was simply embarrassing...and unacceptable. Regrettably I have to now side with those who wish to see NW go and a more progressive coach installed. This was truly shocking.
    Strange coincidence , I was just about to post that this game was the worst performance in a derby game I can remember. Not the result just the performance and lack of ... well the lack of everything really.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC99 View Post
    Which fans? (Sunderland Bluebird)
    Pointing at a Cardiff fan and doing it. Captain my arse.

I was looking forward to this game as I assumed the local derby element would fire up the team. This is the first City game I've seen this season and now I understand what the fans on this forum have been saying. If they could only put two or three passes together that would be something. I know it's the old cliche but City made the Jacks look like Barcelona with their pretty slick passing, leaving us chasing shadows. Dire.

Bad day all round. Joe Rodon out injured for two months so will miss our final two Euro qualifiers. Johnny Williams also out for two months. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Pointing at a Cardiff fan and doing it. Captain my arse.
    How did he “offer him out” ? What was the fan actually saying to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    we've been set back years by keeping warnock on for this season
    Few of us have been saying similar for a while now.