+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore and Reid ??

Zohore and Reid ??

Not really pulling up trees at thier respective clubs.

Re: Zohore and Reid ??

Weren’t exactly lumberjacks here.

Reid playing in a CM role isn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not really pulling up trees at thier respective clubs.
    Zohore’s missed the last three games through injury. Reid has been playing well for Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Zohore’s missed the last three games through injury. Reid has been playing well for Fulham.
    Ive watched both in TV games , I may have to go to specsavers they didnt look that good .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ive watched both in TV games , I may have to go to specsavers they didnt look that good .
    One game each then?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    One game each then?
    Think i saw them twice and a few highlight games , their performances left me so uninteresting , It left me thinking oh well . I thought after all the comments about them leaving and prospering at better clubs would see them deliver more than they have .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Has he really ?

2 assists no goals in 12. Average rating of 6.5

According to whoscored statistical analysis Pack and Ralls both averaging just under 7.0, hes also scoring lower than all of our other starting midfielders and attacking players.

Flint who according to some fans has been awful is City’s highest ranked player, with Morrison 2nd

Source https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/188/Show/Wales-Cardiff

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Has he really ?

2 assists no goals in 12. Average rating of 6.5

According to whoscored statistical analysis Pack and Ralls both averaging just under 7.0, hes also scoring lower than all of our other starting midfielders and attacking players.

Flint who according to some fans has been awful is City’s highest ranked player, with Morrison 2nd

Source https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/188/Show/Wales-Cardiff
    If we're using WhoScored analysis then Smithies has been one of our worst players. Bennett, Glatzel, Murphy and Madine have been better than Peltier, Hoilett and Whyte. Do you agree with that?

Using WhoScored for a proper analysis is like trusting Garth Brooks' Team of the Week for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If we're using WhoScored analysis then Smithies has been one of our worst players. Bennett, Glatzel, Murphy and Madine have been better than Peltier, Hoilett and Whyte. Do you agree with that?

Using WhoScored for a proper analysis is like trusting Garth Brooks' Team of the Week for accuracy.
    Some of this stuff is bollocks, isn't it? People seem to use it when it suits their opinion

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Some of this stuff is bollocks, isn't it? People seem to use it when it suits their opinion
    Definitely. Flint is rated the highest as he's got a goal and 3 assists. That would be great if he was a midfielder and had not been at fault for numerous goals this season, which aren't quantified on that site.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Some people use statistics like a drunken man uses a lamppost

....for support rather than illumination

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good point.
    I like a bit of accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It’s independent though.

I just used it as an unbiased opinion as I’ve not taken much interest in Fulham’s game, so no need for you to be so smug.

Not saying I agree with it but I can’t see why anyone would say that Reid has been a success so far.

Not about opinions.
    This is statistical analysis.

Just wondering why TLG would consider Reid has been so good when unbiased analysis says otherwise

Definitely. Flint is rated the highest as he's got a goal and 3 assists. That would be great if he was a midfielder and had not been at fault for numerous goals this season, which aren't quantified on that site.
    Until you’ve got a better way of judging players then it’s just your word .

If a player is SO far behind his contemporaries as Reid is its hard to see why he’s perceived by anyone as ‘plying well’

So, your happy to question that , but not able to question why TLG considers that Reid is playing well.

😂😂

As for the rest, you are picking on individuals, there’s a debate on each ,most of whom have still scored better than Reid. The statsdont just have him marginally below our best mid, but below ALL OF THEM, by some distance.

What exactly has he done to deserve the praise ?

Heisenberg

So, your happy to question that , but not able to question why TLG considers that Reid is playing well.

����

As for the rest, you are picking on individuals, there’s a debate on each ,most of whom have still scored better than Reid. The statsdont just have him marginally below our best mid, but below ALL OF THEM, by some distance.

What exactly has he done to deserve the praise ?
    How can I when question whether Reid has played well when I've not seen him play this season?

You're showing yourself up here, Lawnmower. I've told you how/why the stats on WhoScored are flawed (as shown by Aden Flint being our best player this season ), yet you want to double down on your nonsense and talk about how it's debatable how players have been performing when the stats are questioned. Either WhoScored stats are correct or they're not?

If you need any further evidence that WS is bollocks, Dejan Lovren is statistically Liverpool's best player this season

Not about opinions.
    This is statistical analysis.

Just wondering why TLG would consider Reid has been so good when unbiased analysis says otherwise
    Reid a regular in a side currently 5th
    Zohores club top of the league.

Their old club, 14th and pulling up no trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Reid a regular in a side currently 5th
    Zohores club top of the league.

Their old club, 14th and pulling up no trees.
    That.goes to the heart of it - are we a better team without Zohore? I'd say that's arguable, but the man who we spent around £5 million on to replace him stayed on the bench in our last match. Are we a better team without Decordova-Reid? Definitely not in my view.

It must be true, it's on the internet.

Seriously, what a load of bollocks that site is. Complete nonsense. Bennett's playing better than Peltier? Murphy's having a better season than Bacuna? Righto....

I was basing my opinion on his impressive second half showing against Charlton, which I watched live on TV, the clips I saw of Fulham's victory over Luton, in which he appeared prominent, and the fact he's been selected to start the last three games for a team that is fifth in the table and is supposed to have a big, expensive squad. But hey, if whodidwhatandwhen.com says he's having a poor season, then who I am to argue otherwise?

Here's some opinions from a Fulham website following their midweek victory over Luton:

"Bobby Reid, deployed in his familiar capacity as chief instigator, supported both Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro by threading incisive balls into their pathways, luring them to the byline. With Tom Cairney and Reed sweeping up behind the wily Jamaica international, the Whites gutted the visitors like a festive holiday squash."

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/201...am-luton-town/

The guy who wrote that probably hasn't seen whodidwhatandwhen.com and evidently knows nothing.

However well or badly Bobby is doing- I think we can all agree he would be doing worse if he was still with us- given the type of football we still play.

Reid looks a one season wonder.

Just hope the deal is done and we get our money back.