+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is anyone surprised?

Is anyone surprised?

We have been rubbish all season. Last minute goals have kept us out of relegation trouble so far. I’ve been surprised by twitter and message boards with fans saying how nervous they were about this game during the week. I couldn’t understand it. I’ve felt flat about it as I just couldn’t see how we suddenly turn up for this- and they always turn up v us.

Did anyone really expect anything different to that from this group of players?

Re: Is anyone surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We have been rubbish all season. Last minute goals have kept us out of relegation trouble so far. I’ve been surprised by twitter and message boards with fans saying how nervous they were about this game during the week. I couldn’t understand it. I’ve felt flat about it as I just couldn’t see how we suddenly turn up for this- and they always turn up v us.

I'm not at all surprised but very bitter. The dreadful, wasteful summer transfer business virtually condemned us to our fate. We are basically just awful.

We are currently worse off in both performances and results than we ever were under Russell slade (check the tables if you have forgotten our results under slade).

Just awful.

I've been like you, I couldn't get excited about this game (I don't get excited about our games beforehand this season) and it appears the manager and team felt the same way as well.

I thought he should have retired at end of last season, he looked drained from Sala tragedy...... I have seen nothing this season to change my mind !

I regret to say that it might be time to start again in a different way. That'll take time and it's a real shame that this golden period seems to have petered out.
    It's very hard indeed to see this going anywhere and whilst it's a mistake to panic , it's also a definition of insanity to do the same thing and expect a different outcome. I'm very sad to say it but nothing lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I regret to say that it might be time to start again in a different way. That'll take time and it's a real shame that this golden period seems to have petered out.
    It's very hard indeed to see this going anywhere and whilst it's a mistake to panic , it's also a definition of insanity to do the same thing and expect a different outcome. I'm very sad to say it but nothing lasts forever.
    Finally. Kerching. You're right

I expected us to lose by more than one goal from what I have seen this season, sadly. Warnockball is all well and good when you are winning games, but when we are drawing and losing games it is just awful and embarrassing to watch. We aren't going anywhere this season, and I have no faith that any of Warnock's January buys will be any good whatsoever, so as much as I hate to say it, it might be time for him to retire now. This week infact. Get somebody else in, like we got Warnock in at around this time of the season, and write this season off, so that the new manager can concentrate on pushing for promotion next season.

I don't think it will it happen as Warnock appears top have a very good relationship with Tan. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually decided to forgo retirement, and to stay on for one more season ......
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 27-10-19 at 14:43. Reason: spelling

I try and stay loyal to a team and in particular a manager whose done well for us .

Best we see the season out with him now don't spend too much in January ie go for loans .

Start afresh following season .

I do feel that's has been the clubs plan anyway.

It terms of transfers lets not forgot we could still fork out 15 milion

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I try and stay loyal to a team and in particular a manager whose done well for us .

Best we see the season out with him now don't spend too much in January ie go for loans .

Start afresh following season .

I do feel that's has been the clubs plan anyway.

It terms of transfers lets not forgot we could still fork out 15 milion
    Why waste the rest of this season?

It's surprising how a change of manager, direction, style, can turn things around with the same group of players. However I look at players like Pack who can hardly break out of a slow trot, and the startling truth dawns that this side is lacking in any merit or ability wherever you look..

Well, at least we stopped Swansea’s slide for them, as ever. A side devoid of any confidence before our visit. How nice of Cardiff city fc to help our nearest and dearest