+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

Re: Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well it was reasonable to choose him for the job of gaining promotion because he's got a record of success in that endeavour.
    It might have made sense if Warnock was sticking around for a couple more years, but he's off at the end of the season. What manager would fancy a year in the Premier League with this group of players if we did get promoted? The rebuilding should have started at the end of last season under a new manager, so that he could start introducing his own players into the setup.

DML1954 is going to lose his shit when he sees this thread.

I've come to the conclusion DML is Neil Warnock himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    This football club is run by Neil Warnock for the benefit of Neil Warnock. The board are so hopelessly out of their depth that they that have even abdicated responsibility for deciding Neil Warnock’s future to Neil Warnock!

Neil Warnock’s old friends Ronnie Jepson and Kevin Blackwell get the top coaching jobs, another of his old friends Glyn Chamberlain gets to be Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment. And then we get to the involvement of Neil Warnock’s son James in transfers and contracts, the less said about that the better.

The squandering of £60m on a squad so mediocre that not one player on the pitch today could provide a single moment of quality in 90 minutes is a damming indictment of what has been allowed to happen to our club. Sadly I don’t think anyone on the board either understands the seriousness of the situation or has the capability to take the swift and decisive actions required. Today’s embarrassment has illustrated what an utter shambles we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As always, I agree with much of what you say, but I thought there was one team who were really up for a derby today and another one who wasn't. You're right, there was some very good last ditch defending towards the end, but, although I always feel sorry for the poor.souls picked to play up front for us under this manager, Swansea put us to shame in terms of attacking movement and willingness to show for the ball.
    My big issue with sticking with Warnock isn't about not getting promoted this season, as I don't believe we can anyway, but instead the year after year growing gap between our youth players/team and the first team. I think that we have already lost players because they can't see a way into the first team and even if by a miracle they get there... the football is so bad in the first team that anything they have learnt will hinder them rather than help them. Without a vehicle to the first team youth players and their agents and families will be reluctant to sign or stay with us.

In my amateur view surely there has to be some footballing cohesion between the different structures at the club... youth, u18, u23 and first team etc - the whole footballing ethos throughout the club needs to be looked at. A director of football is desperately needed and I am worried that when Warnock leaves his role as manager he may get that job... a terrifying thought for young players at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    My big issue with sticking with Warnock isn't about not getting promoted this season, as I don't believe we can anyway, but instead the year after year growing gap between our youth players/team and the first team. I think that we have already lost players because they can't see a way into the first team and even if by a miracle they get there... the football is so bad in the first team that anything they have learnt will hinder them rather than help them. Without a vehicle to the first team youth players and their agents and families will be reluctant to sign or stay with us.

In my amateur view surely there has to be some footballing cohesion between the different structures at the club... youth, u18, u23 and first team etc - the whole footballing ethos throughout the club needs to be looked at. A director of football is desperately needed and I am worried that when Warnock leaves his role as manager he may get that job... a terrifying thought for young players at the club.
    That's a terrifying thought, isn't it!

Warnock has to leave our club lock, stock, and barrel...and take all his backroom staff with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Nice job: Neil Warnock Director of anti-football

Quote Originally Posted by nilnil View Post
    Nice job: Neil Warnock Director of anti-football

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He should have gone at the end of last season, a 2-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford would have been the perfect send off
    That would have been very fitting

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    You do realise we have already beat your shithole of a club 4 times in the same season ?
    Does that include twice in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He should have gone at the end of last season, a 2-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford would have been the perfect send off
    It would have been a brilliant move for both him and the club, but now he is heading towards a tainted legacy where the positives are no longer outshining the negatives. As with a lot of the big life decisions, timing is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It would have been a brilliant move for both him and the club, but now he is heading towards a tainted legacy where the positives are no longer outshining the negatives. Like most things in life, timing is everything.
    The only positive from it might be it puts less expectation on a new manager. If someone took over after that game then had a shite start to the season we would all have been pining for Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The only positive from it might be it puts less expectation on a new manager. If someone took over after that game then had a shite start to the season we would all have been pining for Warnock.
    Whilst I agree that is a positive I also think keeping Warnock in charge and letting him loose with more awful signings its going to hamstring the new manager more than if he had a clean slate last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At the moment we're heading for a midtable finish and using this year to plan for the next five years is far more important than rushing through a managerial change because our football is weak. Of course, if the club doesn't bring in a structure that does a better job of developing us as a football club then this season will be judged far more harshly in hindsight.
    So let the players go a full season with him and lose confidence each week, then when a new manager comes in in the summer they have a few weeks to impress and possibly carry on with their lack of confidence.

I’d rather see a new manager come in now, even if he doesn’t drag us up the table he gets a few months to put his style across and isn’t just left with a few weeks in the summer to look at 20 odd players who are lacking confidence and deciding who stays and who goes.

**** Warnock off now.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So let the players go a full season with him and lose confidence each week, then when a new manager comes in in the summer they have a few weeks to impress and possibly carry on with their lack of confidence.

I’d rather see a new manager come in now, even if he doesn’t drag us up the table he gets a few months to put his style across and isn’t just left with a few weeks in the summer to look at 20 odd players who are lacking confidence and deciding who stays and who goes.
    That was exactly the point of replacing him last summer.