+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

Outclassed. An ageing defence which lost its main man that hasn't been improved in the transfer market. A feeble midfield. Crap forwards. Wingers who believe their own hype and now don't deliver. Long aimless balls hoping for something to happen.

I love the fact Warnock won us promotion and kept us competitive in the Premier League last season. This season has been shit, though. We need a new direction.

Re: Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

The players look like they have lost interest to.

Warnock football without Warnock results is unbearable

It has been shit.

I feel for Warnock in some ways because as much as his gamelan may be limited the players just aren't playing anywhere near to how they can. They don't take responsibility on the ball, they don't defend well, don't attack well. They aren't coached to leave players free in the box or to contmstantky overhit or underhit, passes, crosses, long diagonals.

Warnock will take critiscm and that's right but at times most of the players have done nothing, today included.

Most annoying thing is I don't even think the opposition have been great, Swansea didn't do too much today, they aren't what they were and yet they were so comfortable.

We are so far adrift of where modern football is at the moment we just have to bite the bullet and stem the tide before it's too late. Thanks for everything Neil but it's time for a change at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It has been shit.

I feel for Warnock in some ways because as much as his gamelan may be limited the players just aren't playing anywhere near to how they can. They don't take responsibility on the ball, they don't defend well, don't attack well. They aren't coached to leave players free in the box or to contmstantky overhit or underhit, passes, crosses, long diagonals.

Warnock will take critiscm and that's right but at times most of the players have done nothing, today included.

Most annoying thing is I don't even think the opposition have been great, Swansea didn't do too much today, they aren't what they were and yet they were so comfortable.
    Well we know Bobby Reid spoke out about our “style” maybe he wasn’t alone ... ? It’s like a Mouriniho 3rd season ...players start to tire of manager

He should have been sacked last Christmas.

If we had proper football men running the club and real business leaders, they would have said thank you, paid him off after the promotion season and invested wisely in the EPL season. This has been 18 months of shit. It's getting worse week by week.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He should have been sacked last Christmas.

If we had proper football men running the club and real business leaders, they would have said thank you, paid him off after the promotion season and invested wisely in the EPL season. This has been 18 months of shit. It's getting worse week by week.
    I couldn't agree more. Warnock is not responsible for all this on his own; the board should be held accountable for lack of knowledge, lack of plans, lack of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Warnock football without Warnock results is unbearable
    and I would add that it was also a most unWarnock type performance today in terms of the attitude you'd expect in a local derby from a team of his.

Absolute shite

We worked hard second half and the back 4 and*Ralls put their bodies on the line. It's not lack of effort, it's the fact Warnock has spent 60 million who look like they actually played in the 70s.

There is absolutely no quality in this team. We rely on effort and effort alone.

It's embarrassing and we are being left behind as a football club.

I don't say*these things and haven't been banging this drum all season to be controversial or get likes or bites, I say it cos it's how I genuinely see it.

We are dreadful. How many points have we got that we actually deserved???

We are blagging our way into a false position and today we were humiliated by our biggest rivals.

If anyone would genuinely prefer watch the way we play to*the way they*played today then they need their ****ing heads read!

I'd give him the next two matches. If there isn't a significant improvement then it's probably the end of the road.

However, does anyone really think that the people running the club have planned for this eventuality?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'd give him the next two matches. If there isn't a significant improvement then it's probably the end of the road.

However, does anyone really think that the people running the club have planned for this eventuality?
    Of course they haven't. The whole fecking club is having a snooze while Warnock completes his farewell tour because they have no idea what to do if he's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We worked hard second half and the back 4 and*Ralls put their bodies on the line. It's not lack of effort, it's the fact Warnock has spent 60 million who look like they actually played in the 70s.

There is absolutely no quality in this team. We rely on effort and effort alone.

I don't say*these things and haven't been banging this drum all season to be controversial or get likes or bites, I say it cos it's how I genuinely see it.

We are blagging our way into a false position and today we were humiliated by our biggest rivals.

If anyone would genuinely prefer watch the way we play to*the way they*played today then they need their ****ing heads read!
    football in the 70's was light years away from how we played today.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The players look like they have lost interest to.
    Probably bought into the tactics when the wins are coming but must be pretty desperate to be playing like that and losing..

At the moment we're heading for a midtable finish and using this year to plan for the next five years is far more important than rushing through a managerial change because our football is weak. Of course, if the club doesn't bring in a structure that does a better job of developing us as a football club then this season will be judged far more harshly in hindsight.

The only thing that will cheer me up today is Warnock announcing his resignation. Please go.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

As always, I agree with much of what you say, but I thought there was one team who were really up for a derby today and another one who wasn't. You're right, there was some very good last ditch defending towards the end, but, although I always feel sorry for the poor.souls picked to play up front for us under this manager, Swansea put us to shame in terms of attacking movement and willingness to show for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At the moment we're heading for a midtable finish and using this year to plan for the next five years is far more important than rushing through a managerial change because our football is weak. Of course, if the club doesn't bring in a structure that does a better job of developing us as a football club then this season will be judged far more harshly in hindsight.
    I’m not sure if you’re being serious, you reckon there is even the remote possibility of a long term plan?

Think truth is the board stuck with Warnock judging him to be a safe pair of hands with a good record in the Championship. Worst case scenario is Cardiff miss out on promotion but avoid relegation. That is most likely how they viewed it.

A few others and myself on this forum felt it was a good time to replace Warnock in the summer. Giving a new manager time to bring in players to plug in the holes left in the wake of departing players. They opted to stick with Warnock, which does present some sound logic on the board's behalf.

But now pretty much 1/3 into the season. There's nothing to shout home about in terms of Cardiff's performances. It's been more or less same old same old, long diagnol balls, look to win the second ball and if in doubt give it to a winger. Fans seem to begrudge the wingers we have at our club but ultimately they are given the ball and expected to take on 2-3 players as there's has been no effective ball carrying at the point they receive the ball to award them any space to run into.

Cardiff are the sum of the parts made up of Warnock's recruitment and playing style. The mix two years ago worked well, but this year, the personnel is simply not up to the task. Ever more predictable performances, a football team that must be one of the easiest if not the easiest for opposing teams to prepare for. It does feel like it won't be long until the curtain is drawn on Warnock's career as a manager. But I think it would take a winless November/December to force the hand of the board. Which by that point would put Cardiff either in relegation or on the brink of.

I doubt that will happen though. Despite the typically inept performance I am pretty sure naive opponents will succomb to Warnockball and Cardiff will find themselves safe from a relegation battle but a fair distance from challenging for the playoffs.

Mid table mediocrity which is not necessarily a bad thing. Depends how fans wish to view it.

First time I’ve said this, now we are going nowhere but backwards, time to go Neil. Thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I’m not sure if you’re being serious, you reckon there is even the remote possibility of a long term plan?
    Maybe there isn't one yet, I definitely don't think there was one when Warnock was given an extra year this past summer, but if I was running the club then I would be using this season to avoid rushed decisions or bouncing from one style to another as was pre-Warnock Cardiff City. If we as fans aren't prepared to even pretend that's what is happening, at least until next summer when we start to find out, then the unity Warnock brought in will disappear very quickly and we're back to bad days of Slade etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Probably bought into the tactics when the wins are coming but must be pretty desperate to be playing like that and losing..
    The players have to take responsibility for what was a dire performance in terms of ability, effort and commitment today, some players today almost looked to be avoiding getting involved until they had to, but I do feel for them having to try and compete week in week out with only Warnockball as their tactic against pretty average teams who can play a different way and create from areas we don`t.
    Warnock is solely responsible for the bad feeling and his quips, smirks and blame game is well passed its sell by date, fans don`t expect miracles just entertaining effort from players who want to play for the club and the fans, Warnock seems to be destroying all his good work by doing little or nothing to change things, I feel the longer he stays the worse it will get. VT needs to think about the club and its supporters NOT spend anymore effort on Warnock and his football methods. I think Warnock and Warnockball is Dead and the players don`t like it.

NW approached Dalman pre season re. finding a new manager. He should go back and insist this time.

If there is anyone within the club that could recognise the benefit in transitioning to the new manager BEFORE Warnock retires in May, it’s Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Mid-table ? There's nothing in this side that suggests to me that we going to be anything struggling to keep out of the bottom 3. The irony is, I agree that quickly bringing in a new manager could be counter-productive, insomuch as Warnock may be the manager to keep us in Championship, instead of doing a Sunderland..