+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

Re: Time for a change - Bye Bye Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    NW approached Dalman pre season re. finding a new manager. He should go back and insist this time.

If there is anyone within the club that could recognise the benefit in transitioning to the new manager BEFORE Warnock retires in May, it’s Warnock.
    But didn't that come from a Dalman quote? I think it's more likely that the club wanted things to work under Warnock, or at least there be a smooth transition if not, and the inevitable media story from a) any potential bad run plus b) already started the search for the next manager would lead to c) fans demanding change is made early. I'd be very surprised if plans for the next year hadn't already started and we're just not being told about them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    NW approached Dalman pre season re. finding a new manager. He should go back and insist this time.

If there is anyone within the club that could recognise the benefit in transitioning to the new manager BEFORE Warnock retires in May, it’s Warnock.
    I can`t help thinking Warnock should have no involvement whatsoever in the appointment of a new manager. A big thank you for his effort etc. and wish him well.
    Any manager coming in should be his own man with fresh ideas and not entrenched in any form of Warnockball et al.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Think truth is the board stuck with Warnock judging him to be a safe pair of hands with a good record in the Championship. Worst case scenario is Cardiff miss out on promotion but avoid relegation. That is most likely how they viewed it.

A few others and myself on this forum felt it was a good time to replace Warnock in the summer. Giving a new manager time to bring in players to plug in the holes left in the wake of departing players. They opted to stick with Warnock, which does present some sound logic on the board's behalf.

But now pretty much 1/3 into the season. There's nothing to shout home about in terms of Cardiff's performances. It's been more or less same old same old, long diagnol balls, look to win the second ball and if in doubt give it to a winger. Fans seem to begrudge the wingers we have at our club but ultimately they are given the ball and expected to take on 2-3 players as there's has been no effective ball carrying at the point they receive the ball to award them any space to run into.

Cardiff are the sum of the parts made up of Warnock's recruitment and playing style. The mix two years ago worked well, but this year, the personnel is simply not up to the task. Ever more predictable performances, a football team that must be one of the easiest if not the easiest for opposing teams to prepare for. It does feel like it won't be long until the curtain is drawn on Warnock's career as a manager. But I think it would take a winless November/December to force the hand of the board. Which by that point would put Cardiff either in relegation or on the brink of.

I doubt that will happen though. Despite the typically inept performance I am pretty sure naive opponents will succomb to Warnockball and Cardiff will find themselves safe from a relegation battle but a fair distance from challenging for the playoffs.

Mid table mediocrity which is not necessarily a bad thing. Depends how fans wish to view it.
    Avoiding relegation is a long way from the Club's mantra of building to bounce back a la Burnley.

StT.
    <><

Dalman said we had learnt from previous transfer windows and we were going to give it a real go this season!

He should have gone at the end of last season, a 2-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford would have been the perfect send off

This football club is run by Neil Warnock for the benefit of Neil Warnock. The board are so hopelessly out of their depth that they that have even abdicated responsibility for deciding Neil Warnock’s future to Neil Warnock!

Neil Warnock’s old friends Ronnie Jepson and Kevin Blackwell get the top coaching jobs, another of his old friends Glyn Chamberlain gets to be Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment. And then we get to the involvement of Neil Warnock’s son James in transfers and contracts, the less said about that the better.

The squandering of £60m on a squad so mediocre that not one player on the pitch today could provide a single moment of quality in 90 minutes is a damming indictment of what has been allowed to happen to our club. Sadly I don’t think anyone on the board either understands the seriousness of the situation or has the capability to take the swift and decisive actions required. Today’s embarrassment has illustrated what an utter shambles we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As always, I agree with much of what you say, but I thought there was one team who were really up for a derby today and another one who wasn't. You're right, there was some very good last ditch defending towards the end, but, although I always feel sorry for the poor.souls picked to play up front for us under this manager, Swansea put us to shame in terms of attacking movement and willingness to show for the ball.
    We never have any movement Bob. I said to my mate the other day that I'm amazed more teams don't set up against us with a false 9 and today Ayew was coming deep and pulling us all over the place.

We are the complete opposite. We are rigid and static. The only game we've deserved to win this season is Millwall (and maybe Blackburn).

We've got points by teams giving us too much respect like Monk did last week. We've got out of jail time and time again this season and we have bottom half written all over us.

People can defend Warnock all they want but he's only playing Tomlin due to his realisation that we have and absolute dearth of footballers in our squad.

How can someone squander 60 million on such little quality.

Could you imagine Bielsa, Bowyer, Warburton, Thomas Frank with 60 million to spend.

Where are our assets?

Long contracts for Bamba, Flint, Bacuna and co.

We're in a mess and Dalman has already come out this season insisting there's no need for a structural revamp so we really are in a state of limbo and eventually it will catch up with us, it's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At the moment we're heading for a midtable finish and using this year to plan for the next five years is far more important than rushing through a managerial change because our football is weak. Of course, if the club doesn't bring in a structure that does a better job of developing us as a football club then this season will be judged far more harshly in hindsight.
    From what I saw today, a mid-table finish is quite an optimistic vision!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He should have gone at the end of last season, a 2-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford would have been the perfect send off
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    This football club is run by Neil Warnock for the benefit of Neil Warnock. The board are so hopelessly out of their depth that they that have even abdicated responsibility for deciding Neil Warnock’s future to Neil Warnock!

Neil Warnock’s old friends Ronnie Jepson and Kevin Blackwell get the top coaching jobs, another of his old friends Glyn Chamberlain gets to be Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment. And then we get to the involvement of Neil Warnock’s son James in transfers and contracts, the less said about that the better.

The squandering of £60m on a squad so mediocre that not one player on the pitch today could provide a single moment of quality in 90 minutes is a damming indictment of what has been allowed to happen to our club. Sadly I don’t think anyone on the board either understands the seriousness of the situation or has the capability to take the swift and decisive actions required. Today’s embarrassment has illustrated what an utter shambles we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We never have any movement Bob. I said to my mate the other day that I'm amazed more teams don't set up against us with a false 9 and today Ayew was coming deep and pulling us all over the place.

We are the complete opposite. We are rigid and static. The only game we've deserved to win this season is Millwall (and maybe Blackburn).

We've got points by teams giving us too much respect like Monk did last week. We've got out of jail time and time again this season and we have bottom half written all over us.

People can defend Warnock all they want but he's only playing Tomlin due to his realisation that we have and absolute dearth of footballers in our squad.

How can someone squander 60 million on such little quality.

Could you imagine Bielsa, Bowyer, Warburton, Thomas Frank with 60 million to spend.

Where are our assets?

Long contracts for Bamba, Flint, Bacuna and co.

We're in a mess and Dalman has already come out this season insisting there's no need for a structural revamp so we really are in a state of limbo and eventually it will catch up with us, it's inevitable.
    We are going to be in serious trouble if teams realise that they don't need to sit off us when they come to the CCS.

Spot on. Great post.

Well said, great post.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Dalman said we had learnt from previous transfer windows and we were going to give it a real go this season!
    Dalmans full of shit. Just says what people want to hear the slippery ****er.

The league double is on

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    The league double is on
    There's a transfer window before you play us again, so i'd say that it's definitely on.

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    The league double is on
    You do realise we have already beat your shithole of a club 4 times in the same season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I love the fact Warnock won us promotion and kept us competitive in the Premier League last season. This season has been shit, though. We need a new direction.
    This is something that we both agreed upon at the end of last season, but I think we got shouted down my the overwhelming majority didn't we? The situation was crying out for a new manager to come in and start the rebuilding job in order to take us forward, if our Neil was only going to do one year. What a mess, hey..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This is something that we both agreed upon at the end of last season, but I think we got shouted down my the overwhelming majority didn't we? The situation was crying out for a new manager to take us forward if Neil was only going to do one year. What a mess, hey..
    This site was probably split quite evenly at the end of last season on whether Warnock should go. He hasn't had a Majority support on here for some time.

Didn't a few players also get nice deals to see out their playing careers with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This site was probably split quite evenly at the end of last season on whether Warnock should go. He hasn't had a Majority support on here for some time.
    We were definitely outgunned, and the general feeling was more upbeat than it is now. I remember Eric being quite vocal and I was right behind him. It just seemed daft having a manager rebuild the squad when he was buggering off at the end of the season. It was a really bizarre decision that made no sense at all, and it was carried along by the sympathy vote.

We were definitely outgunned, and the general feeling was more upbeat than it is now. I remember Eric being quite vocal and I was right behind him. It just seemed daft having a manager rebuild the squad when he was buggering off at the end of the season. It was a really bizarre decision that made no sense at all, and it was carried along by the sympathy vote.
    Completely agree. Warnock seems to call the shots, lets hope he doesn't have a say on his successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Completely agree. Warnock seems to call the shots, lets hope he doesn't have a say on his successor.
    Neil Warnock is one of my favourite managers, but his time with us had run its natural course the moment we got relegated. The best argument made for him to continue, was that he deserved another go for what he had done in the two seasons prior to our promotion to the Premier League. Unfortunately there was no long-term development plan to justify the decision.

Neil Warnock is one of my favourite managers, but his time with us had run its natural course the moment we got relegated. The best argument made for him to continue, was that he deserved another go for what he had done in the two seasons prior to our promotion to the Premier League.
    Spot on

Well it was reasonable to choose him for the job of gaining promotion because he's got a record of success in that endeavour. In fact he might still achieve it this season in a league which no one has yet taken hold of.
    On the other hand, it's true to say that this team isn't performing at a point where they've had time to gel if they're going to. Therefore I'm afraid we must now consider a change in direction, but be aware that such a course of action will sacrifice any lingering hopes of success this season.
    The main problem I see is that we don't present much threat up front and the current attack seems to have no coordination between its members in the final phase. Add to that the now routine defensive cock ups and it's less than encouraging. I must also add that if Ethridge keeps leaving his area so much he'll inevitably give away one of those embarrassing and perhaps vital long range goals, which he only failed to do today because the opposing player couldn't hit the target.

One thing, if we lose the manager and his particular way of doing things, I don't know what we fall back on because it's not as if we've got a squad full of great individual players or the ability to buy them. Nor is it clear where we might look for a manager of the same quality to replace the current one and that probably means going through several changes until we find one who works at the club.