+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A special mention for Glatzel.

A special mention for Glatzel.

I know that we're shite and it's probably a bit unfair to single out one player, but i'm going to do it anyway. What in gods name does this bloke offer? He's an absolute liability. I know that he doesn't get players close to him, but he refuses to put himself on the line and work. He receives the ball with his back to goal, pisses about with it, doesn't give the centre half anything to think about and when he gives the ball, he doesn't turn and get his arse into the box, that's all he has to do. He's piss weak and doesn't want to be at the club by the looks of things, i can't really blame him, but while he's here, he could at least make a ****ing nuisance of himself.

Re: A special mention for Glatzel.

You can add the rest of the team to that, singling out someone who probably finds the whole system alien to him is wrong. Can you actually name ONE player today who was worth their place in the side?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You can add the rest of the team to that, singling out someone who probably finds the whole system alien to him is wrong. Can you actually name ONE player today who was worth their place in the side?
    No, not really, Peltier at a push was the best of a bad bunch . I think we all desperately wanted Glatzel to succeed but there hasn’t been single game where he’s looked a handful for the opposition.

I thought Bogle did ok when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It's not wrong, if he had been converted from another sport.....Oh, hang on.... The point still stands, he doesn't put a shift in, doesn't get himself into the box enough and doesn't even attempt to put himself into positions where he may have a small chance of getting a goal, he looks like he's either clueless or had enough, probably a bit of both. Danny Ward is popular because he puts himself about, he knows the drill when performing under Warnock and gets on with it. Maybe i'm being harsh on Glatzel and i should really be venting at our transfer committee, although they're as inept as Glatzel, it's all a bit Chicken or the egg, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know that we're shite and it's probably a bit unfair to single out one player, but i'm going to do it anyway. What in gods name does this bloke offer? He's an absolute liability. I know that he doesn't get players close to him, but he refuses to put himself on the line and work. He receives the ball with his back to goal, pisses about with it, doesn't give the centre half anything to think about and when he gives the ball, he doesn't turn and get his arse into the box, that's all he has to do. He's piss weak and doesn't want to be at the club by the looks of things, i can't really blame him, but while he's here, he could at least make a ****ing nuisance of himself.
    He's absolutely horrendous and when he does pass, it's more often than not a hospital pass. £5.5m. If you don't laugh, you'd cry. He's one of the worst strikers we've had in a long, long time.

i should really be venting at our transfer committee, although they're as inept as Glatzel, it's all a bit Chicken or the egg, isn't it?
    Who was the last good player we signed? It's got to be the summer signings in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's absolutely horrendous and when he does pass, it's more often than not a hospital pass. £5.5m. If you don't laugh, you'd cry. He's one of the worst strikers we've had in a long, long time.
    He can't play, can he? He's getting off lightly, and Warnock. Could you imagine if another manager had squandered the best part of 15 million quid on shit strikers......Cornelius must be breathing a sigh of relief...

Who was the last good player we signed? It's got to be the summer signings in 2017.
    Probably Etheridge, although he was another pile of shit today.

He can't play, can he? He's getting off lightly, and Warnock. Could you imagine if another manager had squandered the best part of 15 million quid on shit strikers......Cornelius must be breathing a sigh of relief...
    Madine, Reid, Bogle, Ward, Niasse, Glatzel and Vassell. That must be £30m worth of strikers he doesn't fancy or aren't up too much. Glatzel can't trap a ball, he can't hold it up, he's useless in the air and doesn't score. Apart from that...

Pack isn't awful.

Someone above says glatzel doesn't understand the system. Nor do I! What is it? He does look proper shit though. I reckon I could mark him.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I thought Bogle did ok when he came on.
    Agree.

Madine, Reid, Bogle, Ward, Niasse, Glatzel and Vassell. That must be £30m worth of strikers he doesn't fancy or aren't up too much. Glatzel can't trap a ball, he can't hold it up, he's useless in the air and doesn't score. Apart from that...
    Forgot about vassell. He's just injured isn't he?

Hes truly awful.

I thought he was being harshly treated by some on here early on, but today he was shocking (who wasn't tbf). I don't see much quality in him, he's weak, can't win the ball aerially and doesn't attack the box, he's also missed a few sitters so what does he actually do? Another Warnock dud, the squads full of them

You can only piss with the c**k you've got, and unfortunately the c**k Glatzel has, is the other 10 players behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    You can only piss with the c**k you've got, and unfortunately the c**k Glatzel has, is the other 10 players behind him.
    You could play Harry Kane up front in our system and he wouldn't score, I'm not suggesting that Glatzel gets off Scot free but without any real service it's almost impossible for him to make a mark on the game.

We could have played with 10 men yesterday for all the contribution that Ward made he was anonymous.

Too many players are playing well below the expected performance levels required and that is the real issue as far as I'm concerned!

Knowing the manager is going at the end of the season, or not having someone challenging for their shirt won't help? Has Warnock got too close to his team that he's blinkered to what's happening?

Our style is anything but easy on the eye and a change is long overdue

The system and our style doesn't help in any way.

No striker does well under Warnock. That's been proven time and again.

You can go and buy any attacking player who is doing it at another club who actually have a go at attacking teams and put him in our team and he will struggle. What do people expect when we play anti football?

Glatzel has good technique, and you can tell he's a tidy footballer, but our system does not help him at all. Not sure which striker in the championship has the most goals to their name currently, but if you put them in our team instead of Glatzel you'd more than likely get the same outcome.

The system and team are the problem, let's not scapegoat Glatzel, he's only been with us for 5 minutes.

Neil Warnock teams are the graveyard for any would be striker.

Lump the ball up to ***insert name here*** and try and win a free kick or hold the ball up for 30 seconds until our pedestrian midfield can get anywhere near him.
    If they can't do that it's attack over.
    If they want to score they have to control the hoof, bring it down, beat the man challenging, beat 5 defenders that are goal side and then the keeper.

Jesus, I don't know why the lad hasn't got 20 goals already.

Let's ignore the main issue here though and slag a lad off who can't buy a goal in a system that isolates him in the opponents half with 6 players to beat on his own with a ball hoofed at his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Glatzel has good technique, and you can tell he's a tidy footballer, but our system does not help him at all. Not sure which striker in the championship has the most goals to their name currently, but if you put them in our team instead of Glatzel you'd more than likely get the same outcome.

The system and team are the problem, let's not scapegoat Glatzel, he's only been with us for 5 minutes.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The system and our style doesn't help in any way.

No striker does well under Warnock. That's been proven time and again.

You can go and buy any attacking player who is doing it at another club who actually have a go at attacking teams and put him in our team and he will struggle. What do people expect when we play anti football?
    So how come Pato got 10 in half a season last time we was in the Championship?

Probably Etheridge, although he was another pile of shit today.
    His attempted " trap " of the ball when it went under his boot, i sometimes do that when training with my girls team, we put it down to it being a size 4 ball ( the size they play with ) and that means i misjudge the ball

though to be fair, i am not on 40 - 50 K a week

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

You were doing well 'til then :)

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    His attempted " trap " of the ball when it went under his boot, i sometimes do that when training with my girls team, we put it down to it being a size 4 ball ( the size they play with ) and that means i misjudge the ball

He wont be on that kind of money, if that's what you meant. I understand that he gets little support, everyone can see that he doesn't have anyone to play off and it's no fun having the ball knocked up to your face and having to contest high balls when he probably isn't about that. I don't think that people are understanding the point i'm making. I don't think that he's any good, but when everything is going against you and you're playing for a manager who doesn't want to play,then i suppose Glatzel can only control the things that he can influence, like his first touch, like standing up and being competitive amd busting a gut to get into the box. He's not doing any of these things. I wouldn't have a go at him if he was doing those things, it's not his fault that he doesn't get any service, it is his fault when he ****ing gives up and doesn't fancy it, however isolated he may be.

I can see him being dropped pretty soon without a way back into the team. What in gods name was Warnock thinking when he brought him to the club?