+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I知 not making excuses here, but

I知 not making excuses here, but

Not sure if I知 right, but Warnock has never seemed to have been the same since the Sala tragedy. Maybe it affected him more than we know. Maybe he痴 still suffering.
    I think he should go, as we are going backwards faster than the Oxford rowing team, but if I知 right then you致e got to feel a bit for him.
    Same as Jones. We all called him Moans and thought he was a right miserable git, but being falsely accused of being a paedophile, would take its toll on anyone.
    As I said in the thread title, I知 not trying to make excuses. Just sometimes there痴 more to life than simple answers.

Re: I知 not making excuses here, but

A few of us were appreciative of the tremendous job Neil had done during his time here, but thought it was a good opportunity to start planning for the future with a new manager. 2019-20 will always be a wasted season for me, and one that could set us back 2-3 years.

I think there's a rift in the coaching team. Keep an eye on them on Saturday. They seem to be arguing with NW.

Every manager, player, pundit, fan or armchair supporter will have things in their personal lives that affect their mood, their outlook and maybe their ability to make good decisions. But I seriously doubt that the Sala tragedy is behind the way the team has been assembled, trained and performs.

It is more likely that Neil Warnock is increasingly relying on an old songsheet, a huge dollop of self confidence and self-belief and media-fuelled mythology, and a narrow group of aides and advisors - unchallenged by the club hierarchy. The way we play there are small margins between being effective and being awful - and in the time Warnock has been manager he has spanned both.

Sadly we are on the wrong side of that divide at the moment - and I don't have much confidence in Neil Warnock to change it. If the team played the way the manager described his approach - safety at the back, direct play to the final third, then pace, power and skill leading to incidents, excitement and goals I would be very happy - even if the style was limited. But we're not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Not sure if I’m right, but Warnock has never seemed to have been the same since the Sala tragedy. Maybe it affected him more than we know. Maybe he’s still suffering.
    I think he should go, as we are going backwards faster than the Oxford rowing team, but if I’m right then you’ve got to feel a bit for him.
    Same as Jones. We all called him Moans and thought he was a right miserable git, but being falsely accused of being a paedophile, would take its toll on anyone.
    As I said in the thread title, I’m not trying to make excuses. Just sometimes there’s more to life than simple answers.
    Ironic as it is, had we gone 3-1 up at wall and won and taken 3 points today like most thought we were going too, we’d have been 2nd or third. But but if if if....I think it’s time to go I’m afraid....cheers Neil

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ironic as it is, had we gone 3-1 up at wall and won and taken 3 points today like most thought we were going too, we’d have been 2nd or third. But but if if if....
    That doesn't even come in to it for me, he's leaving at the end of the season whatever happens, and then what? Somebody new will come in, and they will have to start all over again.