+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Manager? (Warnock Haters Probably Won’t Like This)

CardiffCitySince1927

New Manager? (Warnock Haters Probably Won’t Like This)

Now we have seen the way recent results are going and Warnock’s goodbye season isn’t going as well as planned. But inevitably we’ll part company with him, sooner or later.

I have watched enough football (since the 70s) to think I know what’s about to go on; I’m also shocked no one has mentioned this either.

Warnock has two incredible staff behind him at the club. Between the three of them, the 160 years in football and the 1900 games between them managed, we have the most experienced staff of any club. 2 of Warnock’s righthand men will be left without a leader come summer so could (and probably will) take charge.

Blackwell is the obvious choice managing over 325 games, and being around Warnock for long enough to see how his successful tactics work (or don’t as this season shows). He knows the players and probably will be the most likely candidate in my opinion. Let’s say he lasts a couple years promoting from within... (Ronnie Jepson assistant manager).
    Jepson could then take over, spending over a decade with Warnock he obviously adds something to that backroom staff. But he looks like another candidate that could take over the reigns.

Then there is an issue after those managers. We could see our young prodigy be groomed for the title manager after previously being Head of Academy and assistant coach within the club (what I expect to happen in this realm). Or we could see one of the leaders of our previous generation of players come through with Bamba, Gunnarsson, Morrison or god forbid Peltier.

Cardiff’s very own bootroom... or Bathroom in Warnock’s case.

Do you reckon that will happen?

Re: New Manager? (Warnock Haters Probably Won’t Like This)

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Now we have seen the way recent results are going and Warnock’s goodbye season isn’t going as well as planned. But inevitably we’ll part company with him, sooner or later.

I have watched enough football (since the 70s) to think I know what’s about to go on; I’m also shocked no one has mentioned this either.

Warnock has two incredible staff behind him at the club. Between the three of them, the 160 years in football and the 1900 games between them managed, we have the most experienced staff of any club. 2 of Warnock’s righthand men will be left without a leader come summer so could (and probably will) take charge.

Blackwell is the obvious choice managing over 325 games, and being around Warnock for long enough to see how his successful tactics work (or don’t as this season shows). He knows the players and probably will be the most likely candidate in my opinion. Let’s say he lasts a couple years promoting from within... (Ronnie Jepson assistant manager).
    Jepson could then take over, spending over a decade with Warnock he obviously adds something to that backroom staff. But he looks like another candidate that could take over the reigns.

Then there is an issue after those managers. We could see our young prodigy be groomed for the title manager after previously being Head of Academy and assistant coach within the club (what I expect to happen in this realm). Or we could see one of the leaders of our previous generation of players come through with Bamba, Gunnarsson, Morrison or god forbid Peltier.

No.

NO

You mean we'll be using the same tactics for the next 20 years?

Fair play, if i was sat on a stool i'd have fallen off it after reading that.

Got to be a wind up