+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charitable Saints..

Charitable Saints..

My a**e.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50203848

Should have been a month’s, not a day’s wage.

Re: Charitable Saints..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    My a**e.

Agreed, 1 day is a bit of a joke, its like someone thought " Oh i know a good idea, lets apologise for our shite display and make a charitable donation " then thought on it a little more and thought " not too much though "

It's a fine gesture, they felt they didn't turn up on that day and have donated the wages from that day. Don't see the problem.

****ing hell if they gave a month some soft tart on here would be saying it needs to be 3 months.

My a**e.

They didn't break the law, this isn't a court judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    ****ing hell if they gave a month some soft tart on here would be saying it needs to be 3 months.
    This. Plenty of us have had days where we've been shit at work. Ive never even considered offering to forego my pay as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This. Plenty of us have had days where we've been shit at work. Ive never even considered offering to forego my pay as a result.
    And it seems to have escaped notice that backroom staff have also given their wage - they won't be on 80 grand a week.

Some people just like to find the negative in everything. Something good has come from the hiding, I bet the charities really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I'm shit most days.

Then again I earn 800 pound a month for doing mind numbing, soul destroying, menial labour.

Not reeeeally a fair comparison when you are earning 800 pound an hour for kicking a ball.

My a**e.

It's a gift. Not a fine. OK, so it's a stunt. But you can't complain about it. Most people won't even care they lost. I didn't. Once the goals started going in I just wanted more. They entertained me.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I'm shit most days.

Then again I earn 800 pound a month for doing mind numbing, soul destroying, menial labour.

Not reeeeally a fair comparison when you are earning 800 pound an hour for kicking a ball.
    No footballer can ever do anything charitable without someone pointing out that they earn obscene money and could afford to give more. Of course they could, and probably do. The point here is that they have unilaterally done something good and it will make a difference. That's a good thing. It doesnt mean those same players don't also give money to charity on a monthly basis or whatever and I'm sure a lot of them do. We are only hearing about this particular good thing because it relates to the very public battering they were given.

Don't forget this will also include any goal or clean sheet bonuses...

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I'm shit most days.

As stated above, the back room staff gave as well.