+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Election

Re: General Election

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    We seem to have wandered away from the point. Will we accept the outcome of a general election or will the losing side and media block it, demanding a re run ?
    Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Led by Donkeys doing some sterling work again.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1189480140843167747
    He's going to bottle it and switch constituencies

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yawn
    Quite early in the day to be tired. Do you think it's all the flouride ?

Quite early in the day to be tired. Do you think it's all the flouride ?
    It's all the gammon. I should cut down.

The United Kingdom is crying out for a party that has left and right wing policies. Central pollical parties have had their day.

Do you think that was started by Sir Neil Warnock .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It should be added that the Tory lead was greater than that 2 years ago. I predict that other issues will gain importance as the election nears. It's in the Tories interests to make sure it's all about Brexit as they will likely get crushed on other issues.
    The big difference this time is the majority of Labour held constituencies (70% rings a bell) voted for Brexit and Corbyn and his party's machinations on that issue has severely peed off so many of their supporters.

That's quite right Organ, plus the fact that even most labour voters don't want Corby as prime minister. He's got a comedic value but he's actually bonkers.
    I also think a lot of decent working class people won't like his anti semitism

Actually I had an allotment in Harrow when I lived in London so I can't knock him for that . I'm lucky enough to have a very big garden now with polytunnels although unfortunately I find the digging and stuff such hard work that I keep saying this is the last year with the vegetables , although just like Sir Neil I keep doing it for another year.
    I have indeed got sheds, but I think I'll base the government in my log cabin, which I shall remodel to resemble the Chieftain's Hrall of my Ancestors.
    I shall adopt the title of Jarl and my herdsmen will drive away unwelcome interlopers. Capitalists will be welcome, as will climate change deniers, smokers and all hard fighting men who are roisterers and doisterers. You and WB will be honoured guests if you can bring your dragon head boats around the coast , raiding as you go, but weaklings and virtue signallers will not be welcome.
    Oh dear Philip, do I assume you're a smoker too? That's another black mark against you. I can see you now as a founding member of FOREST.

That's quite right Organ, plus the fact that even most labour voters don't want Corby as prime minister. He's got a comedic value but he's actually bonkers.
    I also think a lot of decent working class people won't like his anti semitism
    Like the people of Tredegar you mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The argument that they shouldn't get the vote effectively boils down to "They're kids!"

Strangely the government don't reject their taxes on the same grounds
    Another strange fact 16 year olds were allowed to vote in the Tory election lol

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, I watched Newsnight last night and saw Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem and SNP MPs being interviewed along with a representative from the Brexit Party and, based on what was said, I thought my vote would be best cast by asking for an independent Scotland . Is Richard Burgon seen as some sort of rising star in the Labour party because he always seems to be on the telly and yet every time I see him he makes me less likely to vote for them.
    There are so many Labour folk I struggle to like these days, so I'm now an official lost voter, here is my dislike list :
    Abbot
    McDonald.
    Corbyn.
    Gardiner.
    Lavery.
    Long - Bailey.
    Thornberry.
    Burgon.
    Chakrabarti..

The rest are fine .

Jess Phillips for a leader, she would smash through Boris and his lot .

As regards public speaking and appeal I would say Labour would have a good chance to win this election with Keir Starmer in charge but possibly not with Jeremy Corbyn in charge judging by the way he is vilified by the press.

Kier Starmer when speaking reminds me of Kim Philby being questioned about his loyalties

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Oh dear Philip, do I assume you're a smoker too? That's another black mark against you. I can see you now as a founding member of FOREST.

Yes, that's why I never go to the ballet anymore. I don't re use carrier bags either, I just wait till I've got a big cupboard full then I either burn them to create extra co2 and release the cyanide into the atmosphere or take them down to the beach and chuck them into the sea to take dolphins out

Yes, that's why I never go to the ballet anymore. I don't re use carrier bags either, I just wait till I've got a big cupboard full then I either burn them to create extra co2 and release the cyanide into the atmosphere or take them down to the beach and chuck them into the sea to take dolphins out
    Yes that sounds about right

Thank you . It's important to do the right thing

I call it climate change offsetting.

Those Dolphins are well over rated , especially when they do that ballet thing in the water, and folk gleefully clap like sealions .

If they are that clever why dont Dolphins recycle those plastics ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Those Dolphins are well over rated , especially when they do that ballet thing in the water, and folk gleefully clap like sealions .

If they are that clever why dont Dolphins recycle those plastics ?

The UK is going to the dogs, Westminster needs to do something to turn it around.

Anyone have any ideas why the government aren't releasing the report about Russian interference in the referendum until after the election? I can't think of why.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone have any ideas why the government aren't releasing the report about Russian interference in the referendum until after the election? I can't think of why.
    I think the answer might be buried in here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...after-election

Although as this particular story is in the Guardian (other news reports available on request) and as Christopher Steele is referenced as one of the contributing sources for the report (most sources seem to be current UK intelligence officers), Gluey will be denouncing it as another incident of globalist conspiracy against populist champions of the people!

The tories really do need to keep this clown away from microphones and television cameras for the next month or so!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-common-sense