+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Re: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Beyond View Post
    I generally read rather than post but this cracked me up!
    Agreed that's a cracker

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Not at all

We are conceding stupid goals - hopefully this will stop when Bamba is put back in and Flint is re rooted in the forest he came from

Tomlin looks like he's beginning to remember he's a footballer and Hoillet was showing good form. Danny Ward can score goals.

OK we are not going up or challenging for the play offs but I'm not going to sulk about it. I don't go just to see us win (though it does help!! ) - there's a hell of a lot more to football than that as you all well know.

I've been going for 45 years - I've had plenty of meh seasons - I guess this is another one (though I still cling to hope)

The major frustration is the amount of money spunked on absolute averageness which will haunt Neil.
    We shouldn't give up yet, I agree there are some good signs, and this league is so tight three wins and the situation is completely different!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I have done 6 of the 7 away games and season ticket at home travelling from Berkshire and I have found this season attritional and unrewarding for the amount of travel involved. It's good to see friends and family but the football has been awful. Even in the Premier League there was usually cameos by Camarasa, Manga at centre half and the odd bits from Murphy, Reid and Patterson to balance out the hammerings we took from Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham.

To be honest it was a relief to go to Slovakia and then the Croatia game. Giggs for all his warts at least puts a team on the park that tries to play modern football where players are comfortable in possession.

I will keep on going but without that buzz of anticipation you get for a game when you can't wait for your team to come out of the tunnel.
    Credit where credit is due ,
    thats an admiral commitment. I know some folk can' t be arsed to get on a local bus and go down. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    We shouldn't give up yet, I agree there are some good signs, and this league is so tight three wins and the situation is completely different!
    Just need the three wins to be consecutive....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    You take the bad days and the good days the rough and the smooth thats what it is to be proper football supporter.
    If you want never ending glory become a plastic fan, and remember always look on ther bright side of live
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
    Indeed , 👍👍what's that song
    ' city till I die '

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed , ����what's that song
    ' city till I die '
    Don't think anyone is saying we're not city till we die, just that things are flat and difficult to get motivated for.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Not at all

We are conceding stupid goals - hopefully this will stop when Bamba is put back in and Flint is re rooted in the forest he came from

Tomlin looks like he's beginning to remember he's a footballer and Hoillet was showing good form. Danny Ward can score goals.

OK we are not going up or challenging for the play offs but I'm not going to sulk about it. I don't go just to see us win (though it does help!! ) - there's a hell of a lot more to football than that as you all well know.

I've been going for 45 years - I've had plenty of meh seasons - I guess this is another one (though I still cling to hope)

The major frustration is the amount of money spunked on absolute averageness which will haunt Neil.
    That’s the spirit! I feel we should swap usernames though.

Sunday was so bad we might see a response, Tomlin and Hoilett back, Bamba in the team. 2 scrappy home wins against probably no better than average championship opposition and we’ll be back on the fringes of the play offs and with that some returning optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Sunday was so bad we might see a response, Tomlin and Hoilett back, Bamba in the team. 2 scrappy home wins against probably no better than average championship opposition and we’ll be back on the fringes of the play offs and with that some returning optimism
    NZ lost in the rugby, you can almost see them beating Wales to a pulp on Friday.

That’s a reaction.

I don’t think our lot have it in them.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    NZ lost in the rugby, you can almost see them beating Wales to a pulp on Friday.

That’s a reaction.

Hopefully. Had a titful of the egg chasing.

what is the reason for these third/fourth playoffs? I get it in the olympics but for any other event, who cares? The players won't want to be in it and the fans won't want to watch it. Apparently they used to have it in the FA cup until everyone realised it was a waste of time so scrapped it. Especially in a game like rugby where injuries are so likely - why waste time on a pointless match like this?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

That’s a reaction.

If I'm honest I don't care if there's a reaction or not.

I'm fed up with our turgid football. It's ****ing painful to my eyes and I lost all my enthusiasm the day we let Bobby Reid go to Fulham then listening to Warnock blab on how he's been chasing Marlon Pack all summer.

The days when I blindly stick up for Cardiff cos I've supported them for 30 years are long gone.

They're taking the piss out of us and everyone at the club is pulling Tans pants down and no doubt making a nice little earner out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

...you won't see Hoilett for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If I'm honest I don't care if there's a reaction or not.

I'm fed up with our turgid football. It's ****ing painful to my eyes and I lost all my enthusiasm the day we let Bobby Reid go to Fulham then listening to Warnock blab on how he's been chasing Marlon Pack all summer.

The days when I blindly stick up for Cardiff cos I've supported them for 30 years are long gone.

They're taking the piss out of us and everyone at the club is pulling Tans pants down and no doubt making a nice little earner out of it
    I didn’t get a season ticket this year because my daughter decided she wasn’t having fun going down any more, I was disappointed because I wanted to get behind the team.

Now I reckon she’s done me a favour!!

If it’s any consolation chaps, I’m enjoying it.
    We could go top Friday night...

And we are coming to you soon :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Easy pickings at the moment. By the time we play you hopefully new manager bounce will be our best hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Easy pickings at the moment. By the time we play you hopefully new manager bounce will be our best hope.
    We wont have a new manager by then.

We may beat them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

We may beat them though.
    You’re probably right, I have more confidence in the fact that we will probably be hanging on to NW longer than necessary than beating anyone at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Reading lots of comments on here and it makes me wonder how many have almost given up on this season?

For me, despite lots of bad defeats, last season was gripping entertainment, wondering if we could somehow stay up. When we were finally condemned, winning at Old Trafford against a Man Utd side that was already on holiday was like putting a cherry on a lump of dog shit.

I barely had any optimism at the start of the season although many were suggesting we could make the playoffs at least. Now that a top 6 finish seems fanciful at best and the football is garbage, has anyone lost their enthusiasm for the rest of the season? I'll be there as usual for most home games but can't say there's any excitement about the season at all.

I agree with all that.

That is exactly how I felt/feel now, although I'll still go to the games that I can make

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We may beat them though.
    Been a strange season for Cardiff.

Started with signing Aden Flint and the club site trying to wind us up with a head tapping pic - the week after we had signed Tamas Kalas so absolutely nobody cared....

Then the one player who is proper class that really did wind me up that they took off us.... they shipped off to Fulham on the last day.

In saying that I do feel for Flint. He can click with a fast player next to him because that offsets his awful lack of pace and he can focus on his game (heading and tackling).

I think a Manga-Flint pairing would actually work.

Interested to see in a few weeks.
    I’m sure he or Pack will score.

Been a strange season for Cardiff.

Started with signing Aden Flint and the club site trying to wind us up with a head tapping pic - the week after we had signed Tamas Kalas so absolutely nobody cared....

Then the one player who is proper class that really did wind me up that they took off us.... they shipped off to Fulham on the last day.

In saying that I do feel for Flint. He can click with a fast player next to him because that offsets his awful lack of pace and he can focus on his game (heading and tackling).

I think a Manga-Flint pairing would actually work.

Interested to see in a few weeks.
    I’m sure he or Pack will score.
    Manga was a bit marmite with our support, but boy, we are missing him. He wasn't perfect, did like to dwell on the ball at times and liked to take the odd touch to much, probably down to the fact that he'd been brought up giving the ball to a team mate after he'd won possession and not just giving it back. He was very good at mopping up after Morrison and bennett, he had decent awareness and anticipation. As it stands neither of those traits exist within our back four. Flint and Morrison as a pairing doesn't work, they sometimes go for the same ball and take up the same positions, they are both incredibly slow and it looks like they lack confidence as a pairing because their frailties are similar, and they know it, that must play on their confidence. If i was a defender i'd like to know that my partner had the ability to anticipate my shortcomings, and vice versa, Manga and to a certain extent, Bamba have that ability. Morrison and Flint don't, playing them together is a disaster.

did you lot do the double over us when (and only because) slade was our manager? This season feels a bit like that to me.

Actually, good that you are here. Obviously you've never threatened to get promoted so have been stuck in this division for long enough to be able to offer some insight here. Is the championship just a bit crap this season? there is normally at least one side that looks decent but this season it's just a sea of mediocrity. Reading looked good against us (who doesn't?) but are hovering above relegation; the teams on form at the moment are in the bottom half and other than West Brom who I think won 4 on the bounce, nobody seems interested in going on a run. It's there for the taking, but nobody is good enough to do it. Worst standard you have seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    did you lot do the double over us when (and only because) slade was our manager? This season feels a bit like that to me.

Actually, good that you are here. Obviously you've never threatened to get promoted so have been stuck in this division for long enough to be able to offer some insight here. Is the championship just a bit crap this season? there is normally at least one side that looks decent but this season it's just a sea of mediocrity. Reading looked good against us (who doesn't?) but are hovering above relegation; the teams on form at the moment are in the bottom half and other than West Brom who I think won 4 on the bounce, nobody seems interested in going on a run. It's there for the taking, but nobody is good enough to do it. Worst standard you have seen?
    I can’t remember us doing the double over Cardiff City, actually I can’t recall it ever.
    We’ve won a few encounters at Ashton Gate but can’t remember us winning at Cardiff.

I take your swipe at us being nowhere near promotion to one side.... I don’t think we’ve been in the Championship that long to be honest but I guess it’s all relative.

I learned recently that with the resignation of Neil Harris, Johnson is now the longest serving Championship manager and he joined us in our first season back....

Your point though on this being a league without an obvious contender is true.
    In the summer when Steve Lansdown was asked about the signings we were making (Massengo, Kalas, Nagy, DaSilva etc) he made the point that they felt this was the year when there was all to play for.

The biggish boys who had come down had run out of parachute payments (Boro and WBA). Leeds selling Janssen to Brentford, Villa had gone up....
    Then of the three coming down (yourselves, Huddersfield and Fulham) - nobody struck you as going to bounce straight back up with ease like a Newcastle.

So I think you’re right, this is the most even Championship I think I’ve seen.

Take the fact as well we had played awful for 75 mins v Charlton and Wigan and got 4 points from 6....

I sit here in a Sheffield hotel bar hoping to see us go top tonight in Barnsley... Says much.

Still expect to lose in Cardiff mind.

I can’t remember us doing the double over Cardiff City, actually I can’t recall it ever.
    We’ve won a few encounters at Ashton Gate but can’t remember us winning at Cardiff.

I take your swipe at us being nowhere near promotion to one side.... I don’t think we’ve been in the Championship that long to be honest but I guess it’s all relative.

I learned recently that with the resignation of Neil Harris, Johnson is now the longest serving Championship manager and he joined us in our first season back....

Your point though on this being a league without an obvious contender is true.
    In the summer when Steve Lansdown was asked about the signings we were making (Massengo, Kalas, Nagy, DaSilva etc) he made the point that they felt this was the year when there was all to play for.

The biggish boys who had come down had run out of parachute payments (Boro and WBA). Leeds selling Janssen to Brentford, Villa had gone up....
    Then of the three coming down (yourselves, Huddersfield and Fulham) - nobody struck you as going to bounce straight back up with ease like a Newcastle.

So I think you’re right, this is the most even Championship I think I’ve seen.

Take the fact as well we had played awful for 75 mins v Charlton and Wigan and got 4 points from 6....

I sit here in a Sheffield hotel bar hoping to see us go top tonight in Barnsley... Says much.

Still expect to lose in Cardiff mind.
    You’d need a big old win to go top :)

But yeah I get you joint top before the weekend isn’t to be sniffed at.

Joint top yeah.
    As shit as Barnsley are, I can’t see us knocking 7 or 8 past them...