+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Re: Lost enthusiasm for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Joint top yeah.
    As shit as Barnsley are, I can’t see us knocking 7 or 8 past them...
    Put a fiver on it.

I can’t remember us doing the double over Cardiff City, actually I can’t recall it ever.
    We’ve won a few encounters at Ashton Gate but can’t remember us winning at Cardiff.

I take your swipe at us being nowhere near promotion to one side.... I don’t think we’ve been in the Championship that long to be honest but I guess it’s all relative.
    My bad - you are right. I was thinking of Leeds, the other side we tend to take maximum points off. Slade somehow conspired to lose both games against them a few years ago. (for the record you drew at our place that season, and all joking aside we really do seem to batter you generally at home. We did beat you at your place though).

Glad you agree it's all a bit crap this season. Just think - three teams are going up this year, and none of them will be as good as any of the teams that got promoted in 2018. Could be brutal for those teams next season.

I can’t remember us doing the double over Cardiff City, actually I can’t recall it ever.
    We’ve won a few encounters at Ashton Gate but can’t remember us winning at Cardiff.
    You must be young, then.

In 2001/02 you won 3-1 in Cardiff, think that was the game Scott Murray ran riot.

In 2002/03 you did the double over us in the league, winning both 2-0. That was the season you could have gone up automatically, while we limped into the playoffs on a disastrous run of form. Few City fans expected much in the playoffs yet we scraped an unlikely 1-0 win at home in the first leg and held on for dear life at Trashton.

That broke the Wurzel hoodoo. Having lost 19 of the previous 27, including only 2 wins, prior to the playoffs, we've won 13 of the last 22 and only lost 4. Your last 9 visits to Cardiff have yielded 2 draws and 7 defeats. I wouldn't mind betting that the 35 goals we've put into the Bristol net in the last decade or so is amongst our highest tallies against anyone over the same timeframe.

Been a strange season for Cardiff.

Started with signing Aden Flint and the club site trying to wind us up with a head tapping pic - the week after we had signed Tamas Kalas so absolutely nobody cared....

Then the one player who is proper class that really did wind me up that they took off us.... they shipped off to Fulham on the last day.

In saying that I do feel for Flint. He can click with a fast player next to him because that offsets his awful lack of pace and he can focus on his game (heading and tackling).

I think a Manga-Flint pairing would actually work.

Interested to see in a few weeks.
    I’m sure he or Pack will score.
    Has Flint always had a problem staying on side when going up for set pieces or is this something he’s mastered since joining us?!

From above, dull, flat, turgid, boring.

I'll add uninspirational, no ambition.

City til I die, but didn't expect to be bored to death!

At least we’ve re ignited the jacks season for them....well done city.....