+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Ken Loach

Re: Ken Loach

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm 99% sure this is wrong but not good enough at maths to say why
    The fact that you try to measure how certain your beliefs are impresses me. I try to do the same thing. I think that's why I no longer believe many of the things I have been told. For example, everyone believes that Jimmy Savile was one of the UKs worst sex cases and I was probably about 90% in agreement with them. But when I started thinking about it and looking at the evidence or lack of it this this certainty went down very quickly. I now believe he is probably innocent.

You don't need any maths to see that I am right. You can do it with a spreadsheet quite easily. Use one column for the new total each year and the other for the principal plus the interest plus the annual payment. But if you doubt me then just put these figures into the input boxes at this site : 0,45000,10,Annual,81

https://www.mortgagecalculator.org/c...d-interest.php

If after doing that you have found that a 99% certainly about a belief is wrong then ask yourself what other beliefs might be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The fact that you try to measure how certain your beliefs are impresses me. I try to do the same thing. I think that's why I no longer believe many of the things I have been told. For example, everyone believes that Jimmy Savile was one of the UKs worst sex cases and I was probably about 90% in agreement with them. But when I started thinking about it and looking at the evidence or lack of it this this certainty went down very quickly. I now believe he is probably innocent.

You don't need any maths to see that I am right. You can do it with a spreadsheet quite easily. Use one column for the new total each year and the other for the principal plus the interest plus the annual payment. But if you doubt me then just put these figures into the input boxes at this site : 0,45000,10,Annual,81

If after doing that you have found that a 99% certainly about a belief is wrong then ask yourself what other beliefs might be wrong?
    I've done it in a spreadsheet,you don't reach a billion quid (it's £837,531,905)

Why do you have to bring the fact you're a Saville defender into every argument ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I've done it in a spreadsheet,you don't reach a billion quid (it's £837,531,905)

Why do you have to bring the fact you're a Saville defender into every argument ffs
    Just drag your totals down another two rows. I said "about 80 years". I'm not a Savile defender. I don't care about him and I was never interested in him. I just use his supposed guilt as example of something nearly everyone believes to be true. Fortunately it is not against the law yet to say that he might be innocent. In the near future I think we are going to be persecuted for rejecting or even doubting beliefs that are "officially true".

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I googled how many billionaires in the UK in 2019....answer is 151.....so hardly significant in a UK population of 60 million
    According to this there were 'only' 53 British (not UK) billionaires in 2017 - so they must be breeding!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_by_net_worth

My understanding is that EU law has helped in 3 main respects for workers...1. 28 days paid leave and a limit of 48 hrs iWork per week. 2. Guaranteed maternity leave of 14 weeks. 3. Prt time workers having same rights as full time. After Brexit its for the UK to decide which ir=f any of these to keep. But...Uk legislation already allows for 5 weeks plus 3 days annual paid leave a year ( inc public holidays), and 52 week maternity leave a year..both of which are much better than the EU....so why is Corbyn making such an issue about it when UK law seems OK
    Just wait till the Tories get a solid majority. Time to pack our bags and switch off the lights as we leave methinks.

Just drag your totals down another two rows. I said "about 80 years". I'm not a Savile defender. I don't care about him and I was never interested in him. I just use his supposed guilt as example of something nearly everyone believes to be true. Fortunately it is not against the law yet to say that he might be innocent. In the near future I think we are going to be persecuted for rejecting or even doubting beliefs that are "officially true".
    So only 82 years on a £45k salary with no outgoings and a 10% interest rate to become a billionaire. Have you thought about moving into financial advice for a living?

I'd say there is a good chance some of that could change.
    Certainly under the Tories. I'm no fan of the EU, they're pro business, although so are the Tories, and they don't like the Working class either. I voted to remain although the EU has a fair bit of form on shafting workers. Alot of the Workers rights in this country have been implemented by Workers struggle and the Unions, not the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Just wait till the Tories get a solid majority. Time to pack our bags and switch off the lights as we leave methinks.
    Those ****ers want out so that they can get tough with workers and the unions, Boris doesn't want a deal, he'd like us all working for £4 an hour and making his chums extra millions. The man is a dangerous ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Certainly under the Tories. I'm no fan of the EU, they're pro business, although so are the Tories, and they don't like the Working class either. I voted to remain although the EU has a fair bit of form on shafting workers. Alot of the Workers rights in this country have been implemented by Workers struggle and the Unions, not the EU.
    Couldn't agree more, but I'd feel safer under the EU than the tories with regards to protecting those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Those ****ers want out so that they can get tough with workers and the unions, Boris doesn't want a deal, he'd like us all working for £4 an hour and making his chums extra millions. The man is a dangerous ****.
    If you earn £4 an hour and work 10 hours a day 7 days a week it'll only take you 166 years until you make a billion you lazy ****er. Don't forget no eating you sciving bastard.

Couldn't agree more, but I'd feel safer under the EU than the tories with regards to protecting those rights.
    Same. That's why i voted to stay. Being a Member state has given non unionised workers a few more rights, those bastards will rip it all away if they get half a chance. Anyone who votes for Boris is heartless in my opinion, his policies will slowly kill people.

David Vincent's list of people who impress him:

1) Jimmy Saville
    2) Delmbox

What a proud day

I don't mind people being millionaires but to be a billionaire you basically have to be a complete bastard shitting on anyone who works for you to get there and breaking numerous labour laws and making unethical decisions. Then why does anyone need to hoard a billion quid in the bank? Basically it's just removing all that money from the economy.
    Richard Branson is worth £2.8 billion, founder of Virgin, a good businessman?...or as you say....a bastard shitting on anyone who works for him and breaking numerous labour laws and making unethical decisions

Don't fall for the politics of envy.

Richard Branson is worth £2.8 billion, founder of Virgin, a good businessman?...or as you say....a bastard shitting on anyone who works for him and breaking numerous labour laws and making unethical decisions

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-rail-profits

Bill Gates was talking about being taxed yesterday. He has a fortune of 106 billion so if he was asked to give away 100 billion that would be about 94% (and he'd still be very rich). It seems that kind of number is too much for a lot of people, even those without that kind of money, but it's been done before in the US. And of course, he'd probably find a way of giving away less than that.

Picking someone who sued the NHS isn't the cleverest move when trying to stick up for the mega rich

https://www.rt.com/uk/430468-branson-virgin-sues-nhs/

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Picking someone who sued the NHS isn't the cleverest move when trying to stick up for the mega rich

https://www.rt.com/uk/430468-branson-virgin-sues-nhs/

You make a good point...but Branson aside what on earth is the NHS doing outsourcing multi-million pound clinical contracts? And, in any event, they should be following EU public procurement rules and not leaving themselves open to such litigation.

Man who sues the NHS and is in tax exile? Don't fall for believing the politics of envy is a thing. He is hoarding a 2 billion pounds from the economy and dodging tax, why?

Prison for tax evasion.

Donated money and office space to brexit parties because he wants the UK to be a tax haven.

There are no ethical billionaires.

You make a good point...but Branson aside what on earth is the NHS doing outsourcing multi-million pound clinical contracts? And, in any event, they should be following EU public procurement rules and not leaving themselves open to such litigation.
    What about. What about. What about. What about.

What about. What about. What about. What about.
    You are repeating yourself