Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
This is a hot topic in the youth football world, i was at a football coach CPD on Wednesday ( another day off with no pay, but hey ho ), I am pushing myself in the girls coaching world, I'm enjoying it and running with it, One of the coaches who is involved with Swindon youth recognised my accent and we got chatting that i was a long way from home etc etc ( its not actually that far, but it was a ice breaker from him ) anyways, we got around to Cardiff city and its academy set-up, another 2 development officer joins in the convo ( this time from Bristol City and Liverpool )

The popular opinion from them was that Bellars made it in the game and was coached the old fashioned way, todays children need to be treated differently, every single one of them will believe they are going to make it big in the game, parents will think the same, the coaching team have to run with it, its 100% positive, the scouser said they need to be treated all the same and we need to accept you cannot criticise them, Now sometimes playing a elite sport these players need to be told they are not doing something right, its a fine line and something people will struggle with ( alot like in society these days )

One of them has come accross Bellers at academy games and said he came across very well, a true professional
Apart from mine, , this is the BEST POST, in this thread