+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy - Parents demand to see Cardiff bullying probe.

Bellamy - Parents demand to see Cardiff bullying probe.

I see City are saying that the report "remains confidential because disciplinary action against current academy employees is ongoing.".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ingenuous.html

Re: Bellamy - Parents demand to see Cardiff bullying probe.

I wonder if the 2 young so called players, made the grade, or are they now working in MacDonalds ????

Turned “GSTQ” off on the television, ahhhhhhhhhhh didums

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see City are saying that the report "remains confidential because disciplinary action against current academy employees is ongoing.".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ingenuous.html
    They said the same in the original statement, maybe it's not Bellamy who has been found of wrongdoing after all. . Pretty sure he said he wasnt subject of any proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I wonder if the 2 young so called players, made the grade, or are they now working in MacDonalds ????

Hasn't the club said they've found evidence of bullying happening? Maybe more has happened than we've heard about.

You don't have to stick up for the club in everything they do just because you support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Hasn't the club said they've found evidence of bullying happening? Maybe more has happened than we've heard about.

You don’t have to stick up for the club in everything they do just because you support them.
    Why don’t I have to stick up for our club ???? The Mail, are always looking to blacken our name. If we as fans can’t defend them, then what chance do we stand

Banned

If this was a Leeds or Swansea player, you'd be taking a different viewpoint.

The club are right not to share any details of the investigation, particularly when it's on-going.

Confidentiality in disciplinary procedures is very important.

Also, the parents won't have an automatic right to see the report unless the kid was under 18 and raised a grievance.

I'm quite knowledgeable on employment law but haven't looked too much at this story.

Banned

Why don’t I have to stick up for our club ???? The Mail, are always looking to blacken our name. If we as fans can’t defend them, then what chance do we stand
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If this was a Leeds or Swansea player, you'd be taking a different viewpoint.
    And your point is ?????

FFS

FFS, curse all you want, I choose to believe that Bellers, whilst being a hard taskmaster (he’s been there himself), he’s no bully.

As regards any other points, they are still on-going

Banned

And your point is ?????
    Point is obvious, your view is inconsistent and not objective. Therefore, irrelevant.

The club have done the investigation themselves though. You don't have to defend the club when even they've said they're in the wrong. It weakens any defence when we are in the right too.

Point is obvious, your view is inconsistent and not objective. Therefore, irrelevant.
    How is it inconsistent ?????

FFS, curse all you want, I choose to believe that Bellers, whilst being a hard taskmaster (he’s been there himself), he’s no bully.

ThERe weRe oThEr sTaff mEmBers empLoYeD

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    ThERe weRe oThEr sTaff mEmBers empLoYeD
    Which is why I put “as regards other points”

PS:—— There’s something wrong with your keypad

The club have admitted that there's problem, and you ridicule it with your daft comment about GSTQ, which tells all we need to know really. I've no idea who has done what, but neither do you, none of us do. What is certain is that the club have admitted that there has been bullying, and none of us can say who is guilty of it.

Banned

How is it inconsistent ?????
    Because you'd be taking the parents side if the complaint was against a club you don't like!

Because you'd be taking the parents side if the complaint was against a club you don't like!
    Wouldn’t waste your effort in a serious capacity. He’s probably had 4 pints already.

Why would I ???

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wouldn’t waste your effort in a serious capacity. He’s probably had 4 pints already.

Don’t drink during the week, unless there’s footie

I agree, I reckon bells had it tough, left home at 15/16 and worked the hard way up under some great old school managers. He probably thinks he can adopt the same methods today, unfortunately, you can’t with today’s youth, they are too brittle and expect to be treated like stars at 12.

This is a hot topic in the youth football world, i was at a football coach CPD on Wednesday ( another day off with no pay, but hey ho ), I am pushing myself in the girls coaching world, I'm enjoying it and running with it, One of the coaches who is involved with Swindon youth recognised my accent and we got chatting that i was a long way from home etc etc ( its not actually that far, but it was a ice breaker from him ) anyways, we got around to Cardiff city and its academy set-up, another 2 development officer joins in the convo ( this time from Bristol City and Liverpool )

The popular opinion from them was that Bellars made it in the game and was coached the old fashioned way, todays children need to be treated differently, every single one of them will believe they are going to make it big in the game, parents will think the same, the coaching team have to run with it, its 100% positive, the scouser said they need to be treated all the same and we need to accept you cannot criticise them, Now sometimes playing a elite sport these players need to be told they are not doing something right, its a fine line and something people will struggle with ( alot like in society these days )

One of them has come accross Bellers at academy games and said he came across very well, a true professional

Little Jimmy's parents thought he was world class.
    Cardiff City thought he was shite.
    Cardiff tried to push him. He was still shite.
    Parents disagreed and blamed the club for the way they pushed him, as he's so good he didn't need pushing.
    Jimmy cried, parents complained.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This is a hot topic in the youth football world, i was at a football coach CPD on Wednesday ( another day off with no pay, but hey ho ), I am pushing myself in the girls coaching world, I'm enjoying it and running with it, One of the coaches who is involved with Swindon youth recognised my accent and we got chatting that i was a long way from home etc etc ( its not actually that far, but it was a ice breaker from him ) anyways, we got around to Cardiff city and its academy set-up, another 2 development officer joins in the convo ( this time from Bristol City and Liverpool )

The popular opinion from them was that Bellars made it in the game and was coached the old fashioned way, todays children need to be treated differently, every single one of them will believe they are going to make it big in the game, parents will think the same, the coaching team have to run with it, its 100% positive, the scouser said they need to be treated all the same and we need to accept you cannot criticise them, Now sometimes playing a elite sport these players need to be told they are not doing something right, its a fine line and something people will struggle with ( alot like in society these days )

One of them has come accross Bellers at academy games and said he came across very well, a true professional
    Apart from mine, , this is the BEST POST, in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Little Jimmy's parents thought he was world class.
    Cardiff City thought he was shite.
    Cardiff tried to push him. He was still shite.
    Parents disagreed and blamed the club for the way they pushed him, as he's so good he didn't need pushing.
    Jimmy cried, parents complained.

Quality post

Now we’re getting somewhere