+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For most of my lifetime, the Labour party would be walking this election given what the country has gone through since 2010, but the modern version of the party has proved to be a poor opposition and, although its leader came alive and was effective in the 2017 election, he has been an uninspiring and unpopular potential Prime Minister for the large majority of his leadership.

Given the man currently Prime Minister and the nature of this version of the party he leads, I really want to vote Labour on 12 December and am hoping for something to happen in the next three and a half weeks which would bring me back into the fold, but the trouble is articles like this one tend to resonate with me - I don't see a party out there which feels like home to me at the moment.

https://capx.co/voting-labour-is-not...nconscionable/
    Just a word of warning. Capx is owned/run by a conservative think tank that was founded by Margaret Thatcher, the unsurprisingly ambiguously named centre for policy studies. I haven't read the article so can't comment on this individual piece but thought that was an important piece of information.

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Just a word of warning. Capx is owned/run by a conservative think tank that was founded by Margaret Thatcher, the unsurprisingly ambiguously named centre for policy studies. I haven't read the article so can't comment on this individual piece but thought that was an important piece of information.
    That would set alarm bells ringing for me normally and I suppose you need to check these days to see if the writer exists! However, whether it was genuine or not, the article struck a chord with me and it wouldn't have done that if I didn't have quite a few doubts about Labour.