Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 391 to 413 of 413

Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

  1. #391

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    When responding to a post about a Jewish person Ronnie you refer to 'Uncle Tom' type characters and that is a derogatory term based on race, making a case for liking some people and not liking masses of other people does not wash or stand up to scrutiny as regards being anti-Semitic, are you saying that Corbyn and other accused Labour members don't like any Jewish people at all ?, therefore Corbyn et al cant be accused by you if they like just one Jewish person according to your logic.
    You are digging a hole for yourself Ronnie as regards anti-Semitism and your case against Labour.

  2. #392

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Only in you're opinion and perhaps that of two or three anti Semites in this thread. The balance of public opinion and the majority of Jews has swung in the opposite direction, which seems clear.
    Uncle Tom isn't derogatory to a man's race but very widely applied to black people who pander to racists.

    "Uncle Tom is the title character of Harriet Beecher Stowe's 1852 novel, Uncle Tom's Cabin. The term "Uncle Tom" is also used as a derogatory epithet for an exceedingly subservient person, particularly when that person is aware of their own lower-class status based on race." Wiki

    The character was accepting toward slavery and defended the "white folk" who bought and sold him.
    This is a very common term in the world at large Trampie and I don't think anyone else regards it as racist.


    Your point about how you can't be accused of being anti Semitic if you like one Jewish person , "according to my logic" , is a bit confused and self defeating.
    I think perhaps you're not old enough to remember the civil rights movement or apartheid, because you don't seem to know that you're putting forward all the old arguments which were used to justify racism against black people in the sixties.

  3. #393

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    You made a post in response to a post about Jewish lady Miriam Margolyes where you used the phrase Uncle Tom as well as words like eccentric, you are quick to label people but anyone reading this thread might well label you due to the things you say about some Jewish people and the derogatory terms you use to do with race.

  4. #394

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Might they ?

  5. #395

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    They certainly might looking at your posts Ronnie.

  6. #396

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I don't want to be rude Trampie, because you're obviously a kid, but it's very hard indeed to engage you in a sensible discussion. I've tried to encourage you to express yourself and think a bit but you're not getting it at the moment

  7. #397

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I don't want to be rude Trampie, because you're obviously a kid, but it's very hard indeed to engage you in a sensible discussion. I've tried to encourage you to express yourself and think a bit but you're not getting it at the moment
    Why is the refereference 'Ju Ju ' offensive, I note it was used against an ex Labour MP by a brave social media , union bully boy

  8. #398

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why is the refereference 'Ju Ju ' offensive, I note it was used against an ex Labour MP by a brave social media , union bully boy
    JuJu is a West African religion. I'm not sure anyone regards it as particularly offensive. But you're absolutely right about union people, they're looking after all of us and they have been very courageous throughout their history. Well done on you for pointing this out!

  9. #399

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I don't want to be rude Trampie, because you're obviously a kid, but it's very hard indeed to engage you in a sensible discussion. I've tried to encourage you to express yourself and think a bit but you're not getting it at the moment
    Somebody that has obviously got more years behind them than ahead of them is hardly a kid Ronnie, you have an issue with facts and I deal in facts.

  10. #400

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    What ? Seriously , I thought you were about 17 or 18 and trying to join in.
    How do you define a fact by the way ?

  11. #401

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I can see that somebody like yourself Ronnie does seem to struggle with facts.

  12. #402

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    And I can see that you struggle with what you mean by facts.

  13. #403
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Another anti-semitic attack on the street in London!

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-north-london

  14. #404

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour


  15. #405

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Another anti-semitic attack on the street in London!

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-north-london
    Your point ??

  16. #406
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your point ??
    Obvious - even for you!

  17. #407
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's been apologising since at leat early last year. Just didn't do ir (probably a mistake) again for Andrew Neil.

  18. #408

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Obvious - even for you!
    Nope please tell me and others.

  19. #409
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nope please tell me and others.
    If you (maybe not 'others') really need it spelt out.... The news report describes a violent street attack by two people on a visiting Rabbi in London that included anti-semitic threats and left him bleeding on the pavement.

    Rabbi Herschel Gluck chairman of Shomrim, a neighbourhood watch group that monitors hate crimes against the Jewish community, reported the attack and was critical of the police response. Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott immediately condemned the attack when it was reported in the Jewish Chronicle online and Corbyn spoke to Gluck directly.

    Gluck confirmed that Corbyn “phoned to find out what happened and to express his shock and empathy with the community”.

    He added: “We deeply appreciate his concern. He sounded extremely genuine. He was the only party leader who called.

    This has nothing to do with the political climate in any shape or form. This is classic antisemitism and it needs to be seen as such and dealt with as such.”


    That is a relevant contribution to this thread isn't it? You claim to want to see 'balance' but maybe that is just your impulse to slag off Labour whenever there is a discussion on Tory/Trump misdeeds? You and your best mate have been happily chucking in links to people who are attacking Corbyn or Labour on this issue. You don't seem happy to have a reference that tells a different story. Why?

  20. #410

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    As you may have noticed I don't really post here any more. It's a haven for anti Semites in my opinion and therefore there's not much point in engaging with them. However , this latest thing is so relevant that I've posted it.
    All I've got to say to the racists is that people are on to you and you'll never see the new Labour Pogrom you've obviously been dreaming of

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-labour-party/

  21. #411
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    As you may have noticed I don't really post here any more. It's a haven for anti Semites in my opinion and therefore there's not much point in engaging with them. However , this latest thing is so relevant that I've posted it.
    All I've got to say to the racists is that people are on to you and you'll never see the new Labour Pogrom you've obviously been dreaming of

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-labour-party/
    Ah, the chief board purveyor of anti-semitic tropes and general apologist for racism (Islamophobia to apartheid) has reappeared.

    'Labour Pogrom'? You still peddling this deranged bile?

    It is troubling that the JLM and others have compiled this stuff - even if most of it (maybe not all) has been debunked many times.

    However, just to establish a bit of balance (as LOM likes to do) here is a counter list of incidents about the great anti-semite!

    https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org...jewish-people/

    That doesn't include the defence of a Jewish cemetry (with the local Jewish community) from developers working with the local council led by Margaret Hodge, or the many times Corbyn was on defence pickets outside London synagogues during the Anti Nazi League years (and I'm speaking there from personal experience!).

  22. #412
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,977

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    And some more 'balance'.

    https://www.thecanary.co/trending/20...jeremy-corbyn/

    Sorry for anyone offended that this wasn't in the Telegraph, Mail or Fox Online. They tend to avoid this sort of viewpoint.

  23. #413

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And some more 'balance'.

    https://www.thecanary.co/trending/20...jeremy-corbyn/

    Sorry for anyone offended that this wasn't in the Telegraph, Mail or Fox Online. They tend to avoid this sort of viewpoint.
    Good balance.

    Well done you .


    Your lucky as my balanced views and posts are ridiculed and I'm cast as a Tory as I happen to worry about Labours direction of travel and behaviours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •