Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Someone's been busy googling Black's Law Dictionary lol

Again insults not arguments !

I note that some love to stick to the magic 6 million figure hereabout in spite of the fact that the 1945 Soviet guesstimates of 4 million deaths at the Auschwitz labour camp being revised down to 1 million and Majdanek's original 1.5 million dropping to 78k. Alternatively the Soviets were accurate and the Polish government are anti-Semites.

The Red Cross' grand total for deaths at German labour camps was 271k. It's a wonder some European governments don't attempt to prosecute them for Holohoax, er, Holocaust denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I note that some love to stick to the magic 6 million figure hereabout in spite of the fact that the 1945 Soviet guesstimates of 4 million deaths at the Auschwitz labour camp being revised down to 1 million and Majdanek's original 1.5 million dropping to 78k. Alternatively the Soviets were accurate and the Polish government are anti-Semites.

The Red Cross' grand total for deaths at German labour camps was 271k. It's a wonder some European governments don't attempt to prosecute them for Holohoax, er, Holocaust denial.

These are things which people should be free to discuss and I've never agreed with this idea of "holocaust denial" being banned because it impinges freedom of speech and might give the impression there's something to hide.
    I still think this,although when I witness the thinly veiled bloodlust by some here, ( not you), I can at least understand why people react by trying to silence such a dangerous philosophy.

Who knows the real numbers, but it was certainly a very bad thing which we don't want to let happen again.

I'd have my own comments about the matter but I'm not going to post them here because there are one or two who would attempt to use any small historical error to justify their race hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

I think one death in a gas oven, and knowing that one death is too many .

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/s...-labo-1.490891

https://www.timesofisrael.com/polls-...te-for-labour/

Here are a couple of articles to show exactly how serious the problem is for labour .
    Apparently 93% of Jews won't vote labour , and if anyone's read the comments by two posters here ,I expect the remaining 7% might be reconsidering

Official statistics estimate there to be under 300000 Jewish people living in England and Wales, that equates to about .53% of the population.

Given that possibly a third of those are children, not all will refuse to vote Labour and that the vast majority are concentrated in a select few Tory leaning constituencies, will it make any material difference to the overall result of the election if these people choose not to vote Labour?

Also, given that the overwhelming majority live in these Tory leaning constituencies then for tactical reasons it will probably help the cause immensely if they vote Lib Dem, assuming that as previous Labour voters they would baulk at voting Tory.

Hooray we might be able to get rid of this dreadful Government at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Official statistics estimate there to be under 300000 Jewish people living in England and Wales, that equates to about .53% of the population.

Given that possibly a third of those are children, not all will refuse to vote Labour and that the vast majority are concentrated in a select few Tory leaning constituencies, will it make any material difference to the overall result of the election if these people choose not to vote Labour?

Also, given that the overwhelming majority live in these Tory leaning constituencies then for tactical reasons it will probably help the cause immensely if they vote Lib Dem, assuming that as previous Labour voters they would baulk at voting Tory.

Hooray we might be able to get rid of this dreadful Government at last.

Interesting that you've been studying the demographics and keeping a list of where Jews live.

I think the point is that most decent people of all religions and cultures will refuse to support the marginalisation of Jews. Perhaps I am wrong - it happened in Germany - but I hope Britain is different in this respect

Ronnie, what is your opinion on Islamophobia amongst those parties that support Brexit most strongly?

Well in general Eric I'm not a fan of chasing people about perceived racism, but anti semitism is a special case because those who do it can take it to another level very quickly. There's a big difference between regular racism and something which draws its devotees to genocide.
    I don't know much about islamophobia , but the name suggests being against a religion rather than a race. Just noticed that you associate it with Brexit , but I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well in general Eric I'm not a fan of chasing people about perceived racism, but anti semitism is a special case because those who do it can take it to another level very quickly. There's a big difference between regular racism and something which draws its devotees to genocide.
    I don't know much about islamophobia , but the name suggests being against a religion rather than a race. Just noticed that you associate it with Brexit , but I don't know why.
    Surely saying that anti-semitism is a special case implies that it is more important to deal with anti-semitism than islamaphobia, and therefore the Jews are more important than Muslims. Racism should be called out and dealt with irrespective of who the intended target is.

Ps. I just noticed that you claim there's no Jewish race, and that's just wrong

Anti Semitism is certainly not a special case, all racism should be treated the same, other groups have suffered over the years Armenians, Kurds, Irish etc, I think all people are equal, do Jewish people believe they are a chosen people or something ?, they should be treated no better or no worse than anyone else.

PS There is no such thing as a Jewish race, its just a religion.

Heisenberg

RonnieB... You don't half spout a large amount of shite, don't you?

Making out that you didn't think Corbyn made those comments event though you referred to him (and other comments he has previously made) throughout your response.

You also have the audacity to accuse others of being racist and anti-Semitic to divert attention away from yourself. The only anti-Semitic language used on this board recently had been by life on mars - but he gets a pass from you because he's in your "gang".

Didn't you previously say that using the "racism" card was all people could use when losing an argument. Maybe you were thinking of yourself there and projecting it onto others.

I've now been accused by you of being anti-Semitic with no evidence (it's beyond laughable to accuse me of any form of racism) and by another poster of being a rapist apologist. Both times it's because of you digging yourselves into a hole and can't debate your way out of it.

You don't like to be challenged and accuse others of trying to "silence" you when it happens. Very typical of a few posters on here.

I used to find your lack of self-awareness funny, to be honest, but you've crossed a line now like the other poster did. I blocked him and now I'm blocking you. It's simply impossible to engage with someone as lost as you are and there's no enjoyment to gain from mocking you anymore.

Ronnie I have been through this argument I'd leave it , the arguments and reasons are well known ,the investigations are proving that at least the old defense arguments , are changing from the old days of ""ooooh its just old disgruntled Blairites kicking off "".

I'm sure there is Islamophobia with parties including the Tories we know Ironically it exists it quite a few some Labour Brextiers and in society .

The differences between two parties , Labour has admitted it exists in its deputy , and has said it need to be dealt with ,staff members at there HQ have been TV interviewed , the police and
    EHRC are independently Investigating it .

That's all one can say really ,ones opinions have been superseded by actual events and facts all under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ronnie I have been through this argument I'd leave it , the arguments and reasons are well known ,the investigations are proving that at least the old defense arguments , are changing from the old days of ""ooooh its just old disgruntled Blairites kicking off "".

I'm sure there is Islamophobia with parties including the Tories we know Ironically it exists it quite a few some Labour Brextiers and in society .

The differences between two parties , Labour has admitted it exists in its deputy , and has said it need to be dealt with ,staff members at there HQ have been TV interviewed , the police and
    EHRC are independently Investigating it .

That's all one can say really ,ones opinions have been superseded by actual events and facts all under investigation.

Yes, well actually I know an ex Lambeth labour councillor who's privately nuts about Moslems so I'm sure that's not confined to any party and indeed nor is anti semitism.
    As you say, the difference is when one party denies/ justifies it, when it's so widespread that it needs official investigations to be launched, and when grass roots labour voters jump in to deny/ justify the problem .

Yes, well actually I know an ex Lambeth labour councillor who's privately nuts about Moslems so I'm sure that's not confined to any party and indeed nor is anti semitism.
    As you say, the difference is when one party denies/ justifies it, when it's so widespread that it needs official investigations to be launched, and when grass roots labour voters jump in to deny/ justify the problem .
    I think its fits a narrative and a vote a lot of folk dislike the jew or what it stands for mainly in he name of jealousy and success and that may appeal to voters , so why close it down completely and deliver a real discipline like life bans for the party ,I wonder how long it is before we see Livingstone and Chris Williamson re admitted ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think its fits a narrative and a vote a lot of folk dislike the jew or what it stands for mainly in he name of jealousy and success and that may appeal to voters , so why close it down completely and deliver a real discipline like life bans for the party ,I wonder how long it is before we see Livingstone and Chris Williamson re admitted ?
    What, in your opinion, did Chris Williamson MP say or do that was anti-semitic?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What, in your opinion, did Chris Williamson MP say or do that was anti-semitic?
    Ask the Labour party they suspended him ,then tried to reinstate him ,got rebuffed by the courts ,what a lovely man and party they are these days by trying to reinstate him they clearly can't see any problems with this antisemitism :

And as Boris has a rightful being challenged by the courts its only right I hare the courts view on his behavior and that of the Labour party attempt to reinstate him ::

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-50002636

An MP has lost his High Court bid to be reinstated to the Labour Party after he was suspended in an anti-Semitism row.

Chris Williamson was suspended in February after claiming Labour had "been too apologetic" in its response to criticism of handling allegations.

He was reinstated in June but was suspended again after a backlash from MPs, peers and Jewish groups.

However the judge also ruled Labour acted unlawfully when it reopened the disciplinary case against the MP.

The Derby North MP, who raised more than £60,000 to fund his legal challenge, remains suspended from the party but he said he would continue to fight to clear his name.

'No reason for reopening case'
    In his ruling, Mr Justice Pepperall said the Labour Party "acted unfairly in that there was no proper reason for reopening the case against Mr Williamson".

However, he said there was "nothing in the new allegations, the timing of the letter of 3 September or the decision to suspend that entitles me to take the view upon the papers that the Labour party is acting either unfairly or other than in good faith".

"I therefore refuse relief in respect of Mr Williamson's recent re-suspension. The new disciplinary case must run its course," he said.

Mr Justice Pepperall said: "It is important to stress at the outset of this judgement that this case is not about whether Mr Williamson is, or is not, anti-Semitic or even whether he has, or has not, breached the rules of the Labour Party.

"The issue is whether the party has acted lawfully in its investigation and prosecution of such charges against Mr Williamson."

Heisenberg.........

No, I referred to Corbyns comments from the outset. You then posted something about Nigel Farage saying something else. The two were never confused and if you think I said I didn't know Corbyn made the original comment I suggest that you read over it.

Similarly, it wasn't you I was referring to as being anti Semitic but if the cap fits wear it I suppose.
    I often had to advise clients not to deny things until they'd been accused of them because it's a bit of a giveaway isn't it ?

You haven't really blocked me of course, but you can't really answer any of that now without showing out. Not very bright is it ?

Is it Israel that is behind all this trying to discredit Labour thing that seems to be going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Is it Israel that is behind all this trying to discredit Labour thing that seems to be going on ?
    If Mossad wanted to discredit or otherwise **** up a political party, they'd certainly do something a lot stronger than that Trampie

If Mossad wanted to discredit or otherwise **** up a political party, they'd certainly do something a lot stronger than that Trampie
    Like the King David Hotel type of thing is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Like the King David Hotel type of thing is it ?

That's a whole subject in itself, and I not only disapprove of it, but regard it as having been a most unwise action by those responsible.
    I'd say that it was a long time ago, but to those who suffered as a result that is no comfort.
    It was perhaps the first terrorist act of modern times, and we know for a fact that it provided the model for the actions of Palestinian terrorists against Jews for a long long time to come.
    Some believe that it also came into the thinking of PIRA and INLA too.

That's a whole subject in itself, and I not only disapprove of it, but regard it as having been a most unwise action by those responsible.
    I'd say that it was a long time ago, but to those who suffered as a result that is no comfort.
    It was perhaps the first terrorist act of modern times, and we know for a fact that it provided the model for the actions of Palestinian terrorists against Jews for a long long time to come.
    Some believe that it also came into the thinking of PIRA and INLA too.
    They did the Sergeant killings as well, hang British soldiers and booby trapped the area around the bodies to try and kill more British people when we cut their bodies down, both events just after the war against Hitler and everything we did to try and help them and that's how they repaid us.