Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 413

Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

  1. #241

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    No idea what you are talking about ?, don't know what Corbyn's famous remark is - therefore it cant be that famous. Not all Catholics for example are foreign either so no idea what your point is. Bercow is not obviously Jewish, otherwise I would have known that he was Jewish and I didn't, its not possible to tell if a person walking down the street next to you is CoE, non-conformist, pagan etc etc even if you are given their name you mostly cant tell and Bercow's family changed their name [like the Queens crowd] to sound more English.
    It reminds me of something amusing. Think Irving Berlin. Lots and lots of but certainly not all Jews adopted Anglicised names when they emigrated to the US and UK in order to blend in more seamlessly.

    I'm the case of Irving Berlin (and quite a few others) the name Irving was chosen because it was considered to be a popular English Christian name. However, this name had long since lost its currency with native English speakers and was thought anachronistic.

    Ironically it eventually merely served to uncover Jewish identity because by that time the name was only used among Jews.

  2. #242

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Unbelievable!!!

  3. #243

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It reminds me of something amusing. Think Irving Berlin. Lots and lots of but certainly not all Jews adopted Anglicised names when they emigrated to the US and UK in order to blend in more seamlessly.

    I'm the case of Irving Berlin (and quite a few others) the name Irving was chosen because it was considered to be a popular English Christian name. However, this name had long since lost its currency with native English speakers and was thought anachronistic.

    Ironically it eventually merely served to uncover Jewish identity because by that time the name was only used among Jews.
    Don't know this Berlin feller, John Bercow's name is...…...well its John and that was a popular name at the time he was given it, Bercow's family anglicised their surname just like part of the Royal Family did, are the English Royal Family Jewish ?

  4. #244

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    No, they're German. John is a Jewish name of course.
    Point being Trampie , is that if they had a foreign name that's because they were foreign , not because they're Jewish. Jews are not necessarily foreign you see, and many Jews have British surnames.
    The famous Corbyn remark was telling Jews that they don't understand British humour or something similar and the suggestion that Jews might change their names to sound British is , ( unintentionally I'm sure), a very similar thing.

  5. #245

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No, they're German. John is a Jewish name of course.
    Point being Trampie , is that if they had a foreign name that's because they were foreign , not because they're Jewish. Jews are not necessarily foreign you see, and many Jews have British surnames.
    The famous Corbyn remark was telling Jews that they don't understand British humour or something similar and the suggestion that Jews might change their names to sound British is , ( unintentionally I'm sure), a very similar thing.
    Catholics aren't necessarily foreign either, this famous Corbyn remark is so famous that I've never heard of it and you clearly don't know it yourself hence why you said ''or something similar'' , I don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about, are you trying to make some kind of snowflake woke point or something ?

  6. #246

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Catholics aren't necessarily foreign either, this famous Corbyn remark is so famous that I've never heard of it and you clearly don't know it yourself hence why you said ''or something similar'' , I don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about, are you trying to make some kind of snowflake woke point or something ?
    Where are we getting the the idea that Catholics are foreign Trampie ? That's a very strange comparison indeed.
    The Corbyn remark was very fully covered you know , and I can't help it if it's news to you.
    https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/j...tions-1.485376

    There you are.

    Let me ask you this, just so I can gauge your thinking. If someone suggested that Paul Ince must have changed his name to sound English, would you think there was anything wrong with that ?

    I might be wrong , but I don't think you intend to be nasty or rude to Jews. I just think you probably haven't thought it through and maybe you don't know many Jewish people, so you perhaps don't understand that most of them in Britain are actually British, with British names and complete loyalty to Britain . You touched upon the fact that Jewish people were in Britain during the reign Of Edward the First, ( and before), so don't you think they can now consider themselves British ?
    Can you not understand that there's something unpleasant about saying they don't understand " British irony" or that they must have changed their names to " sound British " ?

    Again I might be wrong, but I think you'll see my point when you think about that .

  7. #247

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Where are we getting the the idea that Catholics are foreign Trampie ? That's a very strange comparison indeed.
    The Corbyn remark was very fully covered you know , and I can't help it if it's news to you.
    https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/j...tions-1.485376

    There you are.

    Let me ask you this, just so I can gauge your thinking. If someone suggested that Paul Ince must have changed his name to sound English, would you think there was anything wrong with that ?

    I might be wrong , but I don't think you intend to be nasty or rude to Jews. I just think you probably haven't thought it through and maybe you don't know many Jewish people, so you perhaps don't understand that most of them in Britain are actually British, with British names and complete loyalty to Britain . You touched upon the fact that Jewish people were in Britain during the reign Of Edward the First, ( and before), so don't you think they can now consider themselves British ?
    Can you not understand that there's something unpleasant about saying they don't understand " British irony" or that they must have changed their names to " sound British " ?

    Again I might be wrong, but I think you'll see my point when you think about that .
    I don't read the Jewish Chronicle, i hear its a biased rag, do you ? and you didn't know what Corbyn said as you said ''or something similar'', Bercow's family either did or didn't change their surname, well obviously they did change their surname so what's ''unpleasant'' about that ? and what's unpleasant in noting that is what they had done ?, the same has been noted about the Queens family, so I ask again - are you trying to make some kind of snowflake woke point or something ?

  8. #248

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Old Tory boy Bercow wasn't a patch on old Socialist gal Betty Boothroyd mind, Betty was a far better speaker of the HoC than Bercow was.
    Never in doubt or truer statement , and unlike Bercow not a self publicist.

    Just strong and decent.

  9. #249

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I don't read the Jewish Chronicle, i hear its a biased rag, do you ? and you didn't know what Corbyn said as you said ''or something similar'', Bercow's family either did or didn't change their surname, well obviously they did change their surname so what's ''unpleasant'' about that ? and what's unpleasant in noting that is what they had done ?, the same has been noted about the Queens family, so I ask again - are you trying to make some kind of snowflake woke point or something ?
    Nothing unpleasant about changing their name. Suggesting that they needed to do that because otherwise they wouldn't be English is most unpleasant. You seem to b insisting that Jews aren't English.

  10. #250

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Anyone notice how Herr Corbyn deliberately mispronounced Epstein in a kind of comic sinister voice tonight ?
    He can't help it.

  11. #251

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Nothing unpleasant about changing their name. Suggesting that they needed to do that because otherwise they wouldn't be English is most unpleasant. You seem to b insisting that Jews aren't English.
    I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, you are full of false accusations and come across as a woke extremist.

  12. #252

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Anyone notice how Herr Corbyn deliberately mispronounced Epstein in a kind of comic sinister voice tonight ?
    He can't help it.
    More like you cant help it RonnieBird, why are you referring to Mr Corbyn as Herr ?, Jeremy Corbyn is English, not German.

  13. #253

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, you are full of false accusations and come across as a woke extremist.
    I'm getting a bit confused here Trampie, can you help me out? If I'm ethnically Jewish can I be ethnically English in the same way as if I'm ethnically Welsh can I be ethnically English? This ethnoreligious/ nationalistic question can be hard work sometimes, don't you agree?

  14. #254

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm getting a bit confused here Trampie, can you help me out? If I'm ethnically Jewish can I be ethnically English in the same way as if I'm ethnically Welsh can I be ethnically English? This ethnoreligious/ nationalistic question can be hard work sometimes, don't you agree?
    You can be whatever you like Dorcus.

  15. #255

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    It seems like a certain group is trying to take the Labour party down, would that be a good thing for British politics to have a party that is/was [depending on your view point] a party that traditionally stood for equality and fairness become irrelevant leaving only parties on the right as the only mainstream parties ?

  16. #256

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I try not to address Stalkus, but that post is openly racist and worthy of a Nazi eugenisist.
    He suggests - no, openly says that people's nationality relies upon their ethnicity. Does he apply this to all races, or just Jews ?

    It's a false argument based on a plain lie because there's no such thing as an English ,( or Welsh), ethnicity, and it shows that there are some seriously sinister characters lurking in the Labour Party.

  17. #257

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    What's this Herr Corbyn comment you made RonnieBird ?

  18. #258

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I was comparing him to Hitler. Stop diverting and trying to make the victims into the wrongdoers.
    Your friend Stalkus has just made a blatant racist remark suggesting that Jews can't be Englsh because of their ethnicity , so why don't you question that ?

  19. #259

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I don't have a friend called Stalkus and I've never heard of a Stalkus.

    As regards you comparing Corbyn to Hitler that is deeply offensive to Mr Corbyn, Hitler did despicable things and to compare them is just plain ignorant and devalues the price paid by millions of people due to Hitler's actions, Corbyn is not a mass murderer and for you to compare Corbyn with Hitler is disgraceful.
    It can even be argued that it is anti Semitic to label falsely and or frivolously with such ridiculous comparisons because when real anti Semitism takes places its gets treated exactly the same, so you RonnieBird is doing the cause of anti Semitism no good at all by comparing a life long anti racist campaigner to a mass murderer.

  20. #260

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    You can be whatever you like Dorcus.

  21. #261

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I don't have a friend called Stalkus and I've never heard of a Stalkus.

    As regards you comparing Corbyn to Hitler that is deeply offensive to Mr Corbyn, Hitler did despicable things and to compare them is just plain ignorant and devalues the price paid by millions of people due to Hitler's actions, Corbyn is not a mass murderer and for you to compare Corbyn with Hitler is disgraceful.
    It can even be argued that it is anti Semitic to label falsely and or frivolously with such ridiculous comparisons because when real anti Semitism takes places its gets treated exactly the same, so you RonnieBird is doing the cause of anti Semitism no good at all by comparing a life long anti racist campaigner to a mass murderer.

    Since Corbyn is an anti Semite , I don't care whether it's offensive to him or not.
    People should have been more offensive to Hitler when he started on this path

  22. #262

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I will take Bercow's view when he says I do not believe Corbyn is antisemitic, before yours RonnieBird.

    Are you Jewish yourself RonnieBird ?

  23. #263

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Does that make a difference then ?

  24. #264

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour


  25. #265

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I will take Bercow's view when he says I do not believe Corbyn is antisemitic, before yours RonnieBird.

    Are you Jewish yourself RonnieBird ?
    I'm glad you asked Philip that question Trampie but I doubt he'll reply. I've asked him because it will help clarify the reasons for his obsession with this subject.

    I wanted to know if he or any of his family members had been affected by persecution or indeed the horrors of the Holocaust. It would enable some of us to understand his feelings and try to sympathize with his anger and hurt. However I've had no luck in eliciting any information from him.

    His name doesn't appear to be of Jewish origin at first glance but as mentioned previously many had chosen to anglicise their names. Maybe it was originally Dilivitz or something similar.

  26. #266

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    Wow !
    Firstly, that's why I call him Stalkus - because he tries to get personal details of other members and publicly uses what he wrongly believes to be my real name. That's freaky.

    Now he tries to goad people about the hollocaust - I can't believe that you approve of that Trampie ???

  27. #267

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    I've no idea who or what you are talking about RonnieBird, is the ll spelling deliberate or a typo I wonder, never mind.

  28. #268

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    These Jewish groups that are going to walk away from Labour are they going to vote for a right wing party namely the Conservative party instead of Labour ?

  29. #269

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    A typo obviously . Please explain what meaning it might have.

  30. #270

    Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

    The matter keeps giving and giving

    https://news.sky.com/story/extinctio...story-11865863

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •