+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guto Pryce SFR Interview

Guto Pryce SFR Interview

Talks about the kit, robin friday etc.

https://t.co/F4xFcFSPCj?amp=1

Re: Guto Pryce SFR Interview

Just looking at the player ratings for our 0-3 home defeat against Luton. You didn't score anyone lower than 5. Same goes for the Swansea game. 5 for Flint and Glatzel?! What are you scoring these players out of? 100?

Interesting revelation about Robin Friday from Guto Pryce, a member of the band that did much to promote the player and some of the myths surrounding him.

He’d be a legend at any team he played for. I don’t know anyone who actually saw him play though.

So, he never saw him play then. Well I did and he was mostly f*cking useless or absent. Undoubtedly a Reading legend and a wasted talent but not a Cardiff City Legend in terms of what he did on the pitch.

He started well with us, I saw his debut and he scored two. He scored another one a few weeks later. Then a gap and three in two games , including two versus Luton , where the famous photo came from and that was it. Six goals, five of which were at home so i managed to see him at his best. He was good when he played but then lost interest. he also scored a Welsh Cup goal. The the went 'missing' in the summer, played two games in 76/77 , both away, got sent off in the first and substituted in the second. And that was the last we saw of him. £25000 wasted on a troublemaker, but he was well liked bu City fans at the time.

Knowing he 'd be out for a while , when he was 'missing' or 'injured' we signed Ray Bishop for £1000 and Keith Robson for £25000. Robson only stayed have a season but Bishop was a good signing.

I am not sure where he gets the legendary status from, apart from his 2 goals debut and 2 v Luton. His reputation has mainly come from the cover of the SFA record.

You know The Man Don't Give a **** is not about Robin Friday right? He says so in the interview.

"Out of focus ideology, keep the masses from majority". No mention of Luton Town.

Listen to Showbiz Kids by Steely Dan. 3:49 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Just looking at the player ratings for our 0-3 home defeat against Luton. You didn't score anyone lower than 5. Same goes for the Swansea game. 5 for Flint and Glatzel?! What are you scoring these players out of? 100?
    Think Terry Phillips does them.

Cohen, where you going?