+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

Re: Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    "I will be interested what happens at Cardiff City over the next five years and what the comments will be like then. I will enjoy watching from afar."

Doesn't sound to me that he will be wishing us well once he's gone.
    It is and always has been about Neil Warnock, not Cardiff. From these unfortunate comments it appears that when he leaves he expects us to struggle and then everyone will appreciate the genius he thinks he is.

Warnock has squandered the club’s money on grossly inflated transfer fees for journeymen pros of limited ability on silly wages with minimal sell on value. The next manager will have to try and rebuild and produce a team capable of actually playing football again. This will be a challenge as they may have to make do on a fraction of the budget Warnock was given.

If we do struggle when Warnock leaves then I’m afraid he will have to take a large share of the responsibilty whether he likes it or not.

Warnock tries a positive formation. Gets it badly wrong. Garantee he'll use this as an excuse to be even more negative. Warnock is already the most negative manager in the Championship.

This will not end well Bob. I understand that players are speaking quite openly about being upset with the way they are being asked to play. He had a go at them after Sunday. The response was "That's the way you asked us to play". It seems that in training they are asked to pass the ball but on match day it's just get it upfield as quickly as possible. To be honest I must be hard for a professional player to play in a way which does not allow them to express themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    This will not end well Bob. I understand that players are speaking quite openly about being upset with the way they are being asked to play. He had a go at them after Sunday. The response was "That's the way you asked us to play". It seems that in training they are asked to pass the ball but on match day it's just get it upfield as quickly as possible. To be honest I must be hard for a professional player to play in a way which does not allow them to express themselves.
    I think this team is not only capable of playing football but they are itching to be allowed to.

I liken Neil Warnock to a highly skilled aircraft engineer. The problem is he is highly skilled with Spitfires and Hurricanes while nearly all the other engineers have moved on to far more modern effective aircraft.
    When pressed to modernise his views by bringing in more modern parts ( players) he doesn’t use them to create a more modern aircraft ( team) but just tries fitting them into the old aircraft he is familiar with where of course they simply don’t fit and most of them have to be expensively discarded.
    Instead of then just switching to newer ideas he simply stubbornly sticks to his old fashioned ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I liken Neil Warnock to a highly skilled aircraft engineer. The problem is he is highly skilled with Spitfires and Hurricanes while nearly all the other engineers have moved on to far more modern effective aircraft.
    When pressed to modernise his views by bringing in more modern parts ( players) he doesn’t use them to create a more modern aircraft ( team) but just tries fitting them into the old aircraft he is familiar with where of course they simply don’t fit and most of them have to be expensively discarded.
    Instead of then just switching to newer ideas he simply stubbornly sticks to his old fashioned ideas
    I don't think it's that Warnock doesn't grasp 'modern' football techniques and tactics - I'm pretty sure he's as knowledgeable as your Luigis and Francescos - it's just he believes, with a fair bit of historical justification, that the more often you get the ball into the opponent's penalty area the more likely you are to score. Trouble is this season we have players who aren't capable of doing that, or probably aren't happy doing that..

To be fair, if NW retired last summer and could have been coaxed back he would've found employment. That he did in his late 60s is quite something considering how many have fallen by the wayside long before then. Maybe he's alluding to the way the club is run and recognises the lack of expertise in the boardroom etc. He's bigging himself up at the same time as one would expect but perhaps he foresees a supposedly lesser manager struggling with our infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yeah. Quite a cynical comment.
    I read it more as a dig at the local press, that he’d like to see how they react when it’s another manager.

Seems like he feels he’s not getting a fair crack off them. Although that maybe something he could aim at Blakey, but not really Danny Gabbs

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I read it more as a dig at the local press, that he’d like to see how they react when it’s another manager.

Seems like he feels he’s not getting a fair crack off them. Although that maybe something he could aim at Blakey, but not really Danny Gabbs
    He’s had it easy. Let’s be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He has. He was given a free pass during the premier league season and it's only now that he's receiving a tiny bit of scrutiny. Dave jones was kicked all over the park (deservedly at times) by the local press. What does he expect when he's dishing up shit football without the result?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Gabbidon slates him and has regular digs about Cardiff’s performances regularly on the Elis James podcast, going back a decent way (before we were completely shite) . It made me wonder whether they clashed at QPR or Palace or wherever it was they were together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He has. He was given a free pass during the premier league season and it's only now that he's receiving a tiny bit of scrutiny. Dave jones was kicked all over the park (deservedly at times) by the local press. What does he expect when he's dishing up shit football without the result?
    Jones had some right hammerings!!

Warnock has had it easy from day one, he came in and steadied us nicely and had a reputation to boot so the press and fans in the main laid off him. Following season we went 5-0 and came storming out the blocks, he realised it may not be sustainable over a season but probably also had a pleasant surprise what his boys could manage as well so he went back to his bare bones version of long ball (nobody minds it when it’s smashing villa and wolves do they doing it right) and honestly hasn’t looked back. He got an unlikely promotion, that there was his free pass to take us up and no matter where we finished he would be there at the end of the season (I think I gave him that pass too) and be given this season to right it and bring us back up

The bloke has had a right free ride with all the fancy add ons you could wish to imagine.

About time he had a bit of criticism.

"We've lost two in 12 games, but I feel like there are four draws we could have won and that would have been eight more points.“

Probably a few wins that could’ve been draws too though.....if we are talking hypothetically.

Bit of a dreamland comment for someone who prides himself on being a straight talker.

The 2 biggest games for us in recent times Fulham away and Sunday and on both occasions he got it wrong that coupled with a shit load of donkeys he bought in the Summer and easily the crapest football I've witnessed in a long time by a Cardiff City team tells me it's time to hang up his "we've got a great buch of boys" post match media talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    At least he didn't go off on some dopey rant about Brexit or refereeing again to try to deflect attention from an absolutely shit performance.

But I've no idea why he thinks this side is capable of "going on another run".
    Another run of draws? Can't wait.

Big time. He's been getting away with it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Gabbidon slates him and has regular digs about Cardiff’s performances regularly on the Elis James podcast, going back a decent way (before we were completely shite) . It made me wonder whether they clashed at QPR or Palace or wherever it was they were together.
    Or perhaps, as a former player who has affection for his old club, he is bored and concerned with what he is seeing from City this season. I've listened to this week's podcast and Gabbs and Iwan Roberts are scathing about City's performance and their manager's after match comments, while the only thing which might qualify as gloating from Elis James comes (mostly he is shocked by how bad we were) comes when the three of them, rightly, pour scorn on Warnock's claim that his completely outplayed side side were robbed of a corner.

Gabbs mentions his surprise at how Warnock was given such an easy ride by the media in his post game press conference and I think this is a fair claim - if our manager thinks he is getting a rough ride from the written and broadcast media then I dread to think what he would have thought if he had to take the sort of stick Russell Slade had to - this team are as boring to watch as Slade's used to be.

Not only are we as boring to watch as Slade's side, matching or bettering Slade's 8th place finish in his only full season in charge seems highly unlikely at the moment.

The local media have declined to hold Warnock to account for his failed performance over the last 18 months, perhaps out of fear of being ostracised. Interestingly the national media who know what he’s all about are far less easily intimidated by him.

As former players turned pundits I think Blake and Gabbidon can spot when someone in the game is trying it on a bit. The fact is that £50m odd has been spent on a team which went straight back down from the PL and currently has a record of 4 wins out of 14 in the Championship. Questions should be being asked.

Reminds me of that Donald Trump line.

“Nobody in the history has been treated as badly as I have”

Or whatever it was he said.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Or perhaps, as a former player who has affection for his old club, he is bored and concerned with what he is seeing from City this season. I've listened to this week's podcast and Gabbs and Iwan Roberts are scathing about City's performance and their manager's after match comments, while the only thing which might qualify as gloating from Elis James comes (mostly he is shocked by how bad we were) comes when the three of them, rightly, pour scorn on Warnock's claim that his completely outplayed side side were robbed of a corner.

Gabbs mentions his surprise at how Warnock was given such an easy ride by the media in his post game press conference and I think this is a fair claim - if our manager thinks he is getting a rough ride from the written and broadcast media then I dread to think what he would have thought if he had to take the sort of stick Russell Slade had to - this team are as boring to watch as Slade's used to be.
    Well as my post said - going back way before we were completely shite.

Having a pop in recent months is fair game, but Gabbidon tries so hard to be neutral and not favour Cardiff that he goes over the top, even when we were performing well and winning games in the Premier League.

Warnock deserves to be held to account for a very poor start to the season and some dreadful signings. If he were to get sacked in the international break then he could have no complaints. But people are now pushing a narrative that he's had it easy off the media - but are people surprised?

Season 1 - Came in when we were barely out of the relegation zone, a couple of good signings, got Zohore firing and finished the season in 12th.
    Season 2 - Automatic promotion, several good signings. Enough said.
    Season 3 - Not the best squad, some poor signings, some good loan signings. A very poor start following by a resurgence, out of the bottom 3 in February after everything that happened in January. Competitive until the Fulham game which imo was the one where we got relegated.
    Season 4 - Well we all know how that's going so far and he's rightly had criticism...

He's had an "easy ride" because for his first 3 seasons a lot went very well.

**** me. State of some of your comments.

All well happy to give out banter but if he gives anything back you are all climbing over each other froffing at the mouth.

Relax, he will be gone soon enough and we can get on with being super ambitious again and playing beautiful one touch passing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    **** me. State of some of your comments.

All well happy to give out banter but if he gives anything back you are all climbing over each other froffing at the mouth.

Relax, he will be gone soon enough and we can get on with being super ambitious again and playing beautiful one touch passing football.
    Untwist your knickers love.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Well as my post said - going back way before we were completely shite.

Having a pop in recent months is fair game, but Gabbidon tries so hard to be neutral and not favour Cardiff that he goes over the top, even when we were performing well and winning games in the Premier League.

Warnock deserves to be held to account for a very poor start to the season and some dreadful signings. If he were to get sacked in the international break then he could have no complaints. But people are now pushing a narrative that he's had it easy off the media - but are people surprised?

Season 1 - Came in when we were barely out of the relegation zone, a couple of good signings, got Zohore firing and finished the season in 12th.
    Season 2 - Automatic promotion, several good signings. Enough said.
    Season 3 - Not the best squad, some poor signings, some good loan signings. A very poor start following by a resurgence, out of the bottom 3 in February after everything that happened in January. Competitive until the Fulham game which imo was the one where we got relegated.
    Season 4 - Well we all know how that's going so far and he's rightly had criticism...

He's had an "easy ride" because for his first 3 seasons a lot went very well.
    I fail to see how getting relegated equates to a season going well. This is exactly what is meant by Neil Warnock getting an easy ride from the media - while it is right to make allowances for the Sala tragedy, we had five points from our first ten games well before he was signed against a backdrop of our manager, with ample help from many in the local media, constantly playing the "plucky little Cardiff City" card.

Neil Warnock has had two, not three, good seasons with us and we currently sit nine places above where we were when he took over with him having been given more money to spend than any City manager with the possible exception of Malky Mackay. In his third season with us, all he did was give more ammunition to those who say he cannot manage in the top flight, but people still talk about him having "credit in the bank" at Cardiff - sorry, but I don't get the notion that such credit will only run out when we drop to 23rd in the Championship.

Untwist your knickers love.
    Not wearing any babes x