+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

Re: Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

“Even when we got the ball we couldn’t pass it”

It’s been that way for 3 years, Neil.

At least he didn't go off on some dopey rant about Brexit or refereeing again to try to deflect attention from an absolutely shit performance.

But I've no idea why he thinks this side is capable of "going on another run".

"I will be interested what happens at Cardiff City over the next five years and what the comments will be like then. I will enjoy watching from afar."

Doesn't sound to me that he will be wishing us well once he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    "I will be interested what happens at Cardiff City over the next five years and what the comments will be like then. I will enjoy watching from afar."

Yeah. Quite a cynical comment.

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that - seems to me that one of our manager's main motivations in his management career has been a wish to stick it to former employer, in fact it might be his prime motivation.

So, he got is tactics wrong and that is the extent of his culpability. No mention of the ragbag of players bought by him, probably at his behest and not the Transfer Committee and at top dollar prices, that are now proving to be inadequate or have become non-persons only getting the occasional game for the U23s

**** him. Get rid of him now.

And 5 years is nothing. Tan is still burping fish sauce over Malkys signing of Cornelius 6 years on.

He's a bit of a shithouse on times, isn't he?

Why would Danny be disappointed Neil is popular?

It’s these type of comments that rub me up the wrong way.

Listen you old ****, you’ve been a cracking manager over the years, but you definitely HAVE escaped harsh criticism off the press in these parts because you’re seen as some sort of messiah for that miracle promotion.

Stop rambling and sort it ****ing out.

You know the defenders are making mistakes, don’t change the defence, you e used an unskilled no10 at times we’ve needed a Tomlin, etc etc. All things you SHOULD know, given your experience.

So stop whining about the same old same old and do what you’re paid to do and ****ing fix it, instead of crawling back to the fans to grovel for our support.

Come back when you’ve shown us you deserve it, with a performance on the pitch. **** your empty words.

"watching from afar" Does he mean heaven ?

"Danny is probably disappointed I am popular, they are going to make comments though aren't they? That is what they get paid for," Warnock responded.

He's actually lost it

Warnock signed Gabbidon for QPR didn’t he?

He’s lost me now. He can **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Listen you old ****, you’ve been a cracking manager over the years, but you definitely HAVE escaped harsh criticism off the press in these parts because you’re seen as some sort of messiah for that miracle promotion.
    And reunifying the club. That's his biggest achievement I think. I'm not sure time would have been a healer for that, Warnock must take some credit for getting everyone aligned. And my second favourite promotion season ever. That was good too.

But yeah, not sure the team he leaves behind will be any better than the one he inherited despite the premier league season and the money.

for his own legacy he really should have walked after man utd. The relegation was no disgrace and he was still thought of as having moved the club on at that point. It would have been something of a poisoned chalice for the next guy possibly, but I've no idea who is benefitting from him being given another season. It's such a pity for everyone that it's worked out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    And reunifying the club. That's his biggest achievement I think. I'm not sure time would have been a healer for that, Warnock must take some credit for getting everyone aligned. And my second favourite promotion season ever. That was good too.

But yeah, not sure the team he leaves behind will be any better than the one he inherited despite the premier league season and the money.

for his own legacy he really should have walked after man utd. The relegation was no disgrace and he was still thought of as having moved the club on at that point. It would have been something of a poisoned chalice for the next guy possibly, but I've no idea who is benefitting from him being given another season. It's such a pity for everyone that it's worked out this way.
    I’ve said before he’s done well for bringing everyone back together.

Shame really, as by staying on he’s undoing all his own good work.

People are now pissed off with the manager, they’ve been passed off with results, and also players too (don’t agree with abuse to mozzas missus but it’s happened and I don’t see any comeback for him from that) so there are big HUGE cracks appearing now, time to earn his money and heal them or walk IMO.

"I think it's that when you've got a system that isn't working and in midfield you are going up against an extra man, even when we got the ball we couldn't pass it,"

No sh!t

That's every game so far this season not just against the Jacks. Who's sacrificing the middle by insisting on playing two wingers every game?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wondered if anyone would pick up on that - seems to me that one of our manager's main motivations in his management career has been a wish to stick it to former employer, in fact it might be his prime motivation.
    Really poor response from NW , he also did the same to Nathan Blake when he disagreed with his comments.

So in reality he is suggesting we will be much worse off when he has left, i actually tend to agree with him as the signings he has made this last window will not leave the next manager in good stead.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’ve said before he’s done well for bringing everyone back together.

Shame really, as by staying on he’s undoing all his own good work.

People are now pissed off with the manager, they’ve been passed off with results, and also players too (don’t agree with abuse to mozzas missus but it’s happened and I don’t see any comeback for him from that) so there are big HUGE cracks appearing now, time to earn his money and heal them or walk IMO.
    ah but the beauty of it is, we are all pissed off together now. That's his legacy. we were all over the place before but we are now united in our desire to see a new manager come in and, god willing, some actual football.

ah but the beauty of it is, we are all pissed off together now. That's his legacy. we were all over the place before but we are now united in our desire to see a new manager come in and, god willing, some actual football.

I like the way you’ve spun me into a positive thought there.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt with his "watching from afar" comment because I read it as once he's away from football, he's far away.

To be fair to the bloke, when I retire I'll be doing it properly too.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt with his "watching from afar" comment because I read it as once he's away from football, he's far away.

To be fair to the bloke, when I retire I'll be doing it properly too.
    Yeah, me too. I have worked for some super-intense people in my job, some of whom are the country's experts on certain things and have dedicated their lives to their work. They don't switch off, they are relentless. But when they retire (which they normally have to at 55), on the whole you never hear from them again. No coming back to help out on a freelance basis; no consultancy roles; no non-exec stuff. They just walk out of the door and go and find out if they actually like their wife/husband and children. That's what I want to do, just walk away and do anything but what I've spent far too much of my life doing already. Warnock is 70 ffs, and his job is, surely, his hobby. I hope for his sake he manages to leave it all behind when he does go.

Reasonable responses to reasonable questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    "I think it's that when you've got a system that isn't working and in midfield you are going up against an extra man, even when we got the ball we couldn't pass it,"

No sh!t

That's every game so far this season not just against the Jacks. Who's sacrificing the middle by insisting on playing two wingers every game?
    .and two wingers who hug the touchline like Billy Meredith and Stanley Matthews, who never come infield more than a yard or two. Having Ralls and Dobbin[sorry, Pack], to stop everything in the middle and also create everything just ain't going to work..