+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

Re: Warnock - "Cardiff must earn forgiveness"

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    From the 'Methodological Notes' section of the report.
    All of which boils down to admitting they are guessing. Maybe it's an accurate guess, but in a few months time we'll know from the club itself how right they are. I'd rather wait until then before jumping to any conclusions, although, even if they are right on the button, it doesn't mean that it is impossible to escape relegation with the lowest budget in a league = as I said earlier in the thread, I'm sure there are plenty of cases where a side with a low budget over performs in leagues all over the world (I daresay it's something Neil Warnock sides did pretty regularly earlier in his career).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be sure that those figures for last season were what you say they are before making claims like you are doing. What I said still applies and, anyway, the evidence of Neil Warnock's time at City tends to confirm something which probably applies throughout his career - he tends to do his.best work when finances are tough and he has small budget to work with. It started to go wrong for him here in the January 18 window when he spent £6 million on Madine and since then I don't think any of his buys for seven or eight figures could be called a complete success.. Notwithstanding the size of the wage bill, he's worked with, the amount spent in the transfer market in the last two years or so renders the "plucky little Cardiff City" stuff laughable.
    We were massive underdogs last season. The average wages figure makes that absolutely clear. It doesn't mean it was the case in the promotion season and it doesn't mean it is the case this season, but to deny it about last season is absurd.

Heisenberg

All of which boils down to admitting they are guessing. Maybe it's an accurate guess, but in a few months time we'll know from the club itself how right they are. I'd rather wait until then before jumping to any conclusions, although, even if they are right on the button, it doesn't mean that it is impossible to escape relegation with the lowest budget in a league = as I said earlier in the thread, I'm sure there are plenty of cases where a side with a low budget over performs in leagues all over the world (I daresay it's something Neil Warnock sides did pretty regularly earlier in his career).
    Screenshot_20191102-090346__01.jpg

For comparison: the previous Premier League season where the 6 lowest spenders all survived relegation.

We overperformed by not finishing bottom of the league.

I'm quite impressed by Sheffield United's manager, Chris Wilder. Unlike Warnock last season, Wilder demands more from his players in the Premier League than merely plucky displays.

Out of interest, the BBC have reported that Granada (who topped La Liga for a few days last week) have the third lowest wage bill in the league.
    But it’s only part of the story, as transfer fees surely play a part in demonstrating the spend; a club that signs a load of frees could spend big on wages compared to a club that spends big on the transfers.