+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Virgin media help

Virgin media help

Anyone on here got virgin broadband and phone, are they reliable any problems with their service, many thanks for any info

Re: Virgin media help

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Anyone on here got virgin broadband and phone, are they reliable any problems with their service, many thanks for any info
    The best i've had and i've been with BT and Sky. Although they keep putting my bill up every year.

Wish I still had them. Let that be all you need to know...

They are pretty reliable, although it does irritate me that they don't discount the bill when there are problems.

They do crank up the fees fast though. My bill went from £35 to about £90 a month over the course of about 5 years (it's not small increments - the last one was over a fiver). I got it back down again to £35 by calling up and asking nicely. The advice I was given was simple: treat it like car insurance and expect to move provider every year, just to keep the cost in check. The guy I spoke to said you'll probably end up staying as we will either reset the cost or add in additional services or whatever, but you should still check in at the end of each fixed term to make sure that happens.

I have been with them from the beginning,nothing is too much trouble for them.Staff are very helpful.Years ago my Mrs lost her job and we were struggling to pay the bill they told me pay what you can and your services would not be affected.In the end we owed them about £160.I phoned them and said i can pay in 4 days time i was told if you pay in 4 days only pay £80 and the rest will be taken off your bill.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I have been with them from the beginning,nothing is too much trouble for them.Staff are very helpful.Years ago my Mrs lost her job and we were struggling to pay the bill they told me pay what you can and your services would not be affected.In the end we owed them about £160.I phoned them and said i can pay in 4 days time i was told if you pay in 4 days only pay £80 and the rest will be taken off your bill.
    That is impressive. Out of interest, do you know if the underpayments registered your credit rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    That is impressive. Out of interest, do you know if the underpayments registered your credit rating?
    To honest i do not.

The big bonus it's underground cable.Not affected by the weather

No contest, fastest broadband, never had a problem with landline in over 25 years with cablegram, ntl or virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Had a loan the other day, not the type of one I’d usually go for let’s say, and she questioned me on 2 missed car payments in 12 months and one for car insurance...

To them it’s black and white, a missed payment, so it surely has some sort of affect? Even if only small.

Been with them for many years thier broadband speed is very impressive,when I have contacted them they always respond very quickly all the equipment including remotes are replaced without charge , ive used Sky but left , Virgin all day for me, not got their mobile though , however their wrap around deals are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No contest, fastest broadband, never had a problem with landline in over 25 years with cablegram, ntl or virgin
    Same time as me , wasn't it CableTel before NTL ??

Thank you all👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Same time as me , wasn't it CableTel before NTL ??
    Yes Cabletel, friggin predictive text, didn’t check it.

I've been with them about 8 years, only ever not had service once for about 1/2 a day. t
    Their mobile phones are cheap and they use the EE network so will have very good coverage.

Yes I've just got the broadband, you don't need the landline as well