+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nathan Jones sacked..

Nathan Jones sacked..

Ex cardiff player, would you take him.
    I think Stoke was the wrong club for him.
    Toxic players

Re: Nathan Jones sacked..

Did a fantastic job at Luton, think you're right about Stoke being the wrong club for him

He'll make something of himself, but we're not the right club either.

He's been gone too long.

Yeah.

Given what we could potentially end up with I'd take him tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    He's been gone too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    My favourite song of theirs.

I'd not be disappointed if we appointed him.

I would have someone like him here.

Maybe Stoke was the wrong club in hindsight, lot of high earners and big egos when he was used to dealing with Luton in a lower league

I don’t think he’d have much of an issue with the players here as we’re still basically a champ club rather than your typical relegated team full of big shots, but I wonder how long the fans would really give his approach, and I wonder how soon he wants to get burned again after Stoke because it’s got potential to go really bad here at the moment.

Would love him here. He has connections, he's positive, young and upcoming. Basically no chance of him coming then.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I would have someone like him here.

Maybe Stoke was the wrong club in hindsight, lot of high earners and big egos when he was used to dealing with Luton in a lower league

I don’t think he’d have much of an issue with the players here as we’re still basically a champ club rather than your typical relegated team full of big shots, but I wonder how long the fans would really give his approach, and I wonder how soon he wants to get burned again after Stoke because it’s got potential to go really bad here at the moment.
    He's a merthyr Lad I believe, did his time with city but was released and followed colin addison around Spain for a while. Decent fullback for Brighton, I wouldn't be unhappy if the club gave him a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's a merthyr Lad I believe, did his time with city but was released and followed colin addison around Spain for a while. Decent fullback for Brighton, I wouldn't be unhappy if the club gave him a go.
    I would accept him as our manager. I also like to think I’d give him time, I think there are players here that could get a boost from it as well, your Tomlins and Murphys and maybe Glatzels could possibly get a boost from a style change.

I’m just not sure how long the fans would give it if he didn’t get off to a flyer, I’d give him the rest of the season as this ones done and dusted, help him have a run up to prepare for his next pre season and look at what he needs, yeah I’d be all for him. You just know though there will be someone creeping somewhere waiting to crawl out after 5 or 6 games if it wasn’t going well.

Rather than seeing it for what it is, they’d be comparing him to Warnock in no time as they pine for their messiah when he’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Rhondda boy. Played for Merthyr.

No chance would I have him here. If he cant get a tune out of the Stoke squad and some of the players theyve got god help him with our squad.

I liken him to Russell Slade. Out of his depth at this level.

Was given plenty of money and time to turn it around too.

Luton didnt exactly feel the effect of him leaving. Think he probably got a bit lucky with Luton with a good crop of players.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just had a look Blaenrhonndda. Never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Just had a look Blaenrhonndda. Never knew that.
    Was a good player for Merthyr. Very commited, got up and down the line well from left back. Like a younger version of Andy Legg.

Think the ex-Merthyr manager Colin Addison took him out to play in Spain and he end up having a career in the lower leagues with Brighton and Yeovil.

Cant fault the guys enthusiasm, I just dont see him making a management career at the higher levels.

if he was to come here its got Paul Trollope Mark II written all over it.

Wouldn’t even get a mention for the City job if he wasn’t from South Wales

Was a good player for Merthyr. Very commited, got up and down the line well from left back. Like a younger version of Andy Legg.

Think the ex-Merthyr manager Colin Addison took him out to play in Spain and he end up having a career in the lower leagues with Brighton and Yeovil.

Cant fault the guys enthusiasm, I just dont see him making a management career at the higher levels.

Joey Barton? Could we get any more less popular....

I was waiting for anyone to make that comment about Trollope, I think he’s better than that mind, not saying he will be top level I’ve no idea how far he can go as a manager to be honest, I only know what he managed at Luton and call it cherry picking if you like I think judging him on Stoke may not be a true measure of his skill as lots would have gone there and failed with what seems to be happening to them right now. I think he was stupid to go there.

No chance would I have him here. If he cant get a tune out of the Stoke squad and some of the players theyve got god help him with our squad.

I liken him to Russell Slade. Out of his depth at this level.

Was given plenty of money and time to turn it around too.

Luton didnt exactly feel the effect of him leaving. Think he probably got a bit lucky with Luton with a good crop of players.
    My thoughts exactly. Very strange to see him being talked up on here.

What about Nathan Jones as manager with Terry Burton as Director of Football?
    Just been looking at Terry’s profile in LinkedIn and since Cardiff he’s had some good roles, currently at Southampton as Head of Academy Recruitment, so he could be the one to join up the Academy with the first team.

Yeah, from Treorchi I think.

No, farther away, Blaenrhonnda, a village beyond the final frontier where Treorchyites and everyone else are viewed with the utmost suspicion.

Our own Bobsy Wilson, now a denizen of Rhondda and consequently unable to string a coherent sentence together without including the obligatory words 'look you' or 'mun' would be wise not to venture where even lion-hearted Christian missionaries fear to tread.

The 120 bus from caerphilly goes there, which I find as an odd direct route