+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regular CCMB updates that have disappeared

Re: Regular CCMB updates that have disappeared

My twice weekly laugh at the Wurzles thread had a bit of life in it perhaps i can start it again next week.
    I was on that bus to Upton park one of the legendary City away trips of my life.
    It was from the Landsdowne pub turns out Roger who ran the pub/bus was a season ticket holder down the Jacks in their 80s 1st division days.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My twice weekly laugh at the Wurzles thread had a bit of life in it perhaps i can start it again next week.
    I was on that bus to Upton park one of the legendary City away trips of my life.
    It was from the Landsdowne pub turns out Roger who ran the pub/bus was a season ticket holder down the Jacks in their 80s 1st division days.
    This is uncanny ... My posts disappear, but why?

All seeing eye and his financial advice, good poster driven away by the bully boy squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    All seeing eye and his financial advice, good poster driven away by the bully boy squad.
    Dr Lecter's tales of having Baker in his dungeon were brilliant.
    Steve R and Mrs Steve R were funny.
    So too Colonel Carediffi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    I still pop in

In before this is deleted

In a galaxy not far away......

What, betting on Celtic to beat Falkirk each week. He is defiantly still among us!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    What, betting on Celtic to beat Falkirk each week. He is defiantly still among us!

My favourite was, after trawling all of Europe's major leagues, he came up with Wolves (1st) home to Shrewsbury (23rd) in league 1.

To be fair, he still gave a 400 word write up on it.

A bit niche, but I can remember a series of posts by splott David where he was going on about some genetically modified flu strain in Ukraine, that was definitely going to kill everyone in Europe

I even miss Cedric's predictions of defeat for the coming fixtures.

Thornhill Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

My favourite was, after trawling all of Europe's major leagues, he came up with Wolves (1st) home to Shrewsbury (23rd) in league 1.

To be fair, he still gave a 400 word write up on it.
    I'd forgotten about that! If memory serves, it was a betting strategy that ignored value and just sought out home bankers, dressed up with loads of pseudo-science.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I even miss Cedric's predictions of defeat for the coming fixtures.
    I don't miss his rampant racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I'd forgotten about that! If memory serves, it was a betting strategy that ignored value and just sought out home bankers, dressed up with loads of pseudo-science.
    Aye. Didn't he supposedly lose a wedge on a home banker once, gaining immediate and deserved ridicule? I think Uncle Bob had more success with Katiypour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Aye. Didn't he supposedly lose a wedge on a home banker once, gaining immediate and deserved ridicule? I think Uncle Bob had more success with Katiypour.
    i think so, yes. I think his "system" worked well in the first season, but then in the second season it turned to sh!t. It may have coincided with the retirement of Fergie. I think i remember him pretending that the "blip" (which was just normal variance) was some sort of anomaly, but in fact it was a perfect exercise in proving that any system that ignores value will fail.

It wasn't like we'd failed to warn him either. Absolute car crash of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    i think so, yes. I think his "system" worked well in the first season, but then in the second season it turned to sh!t. It may have coincided with the retirement of Fergie. I think i remember him pretending that the "blip" (which was just normal variance) was some sort of anomaly, but in fact it was a perfect exercise in proving that any system that ignores value will fail.

It wasn't like we'd failed to warn him either. Absolute car crash of an idea.
    I never gambled on any of the advice luckily, (although the poster in addition to OM were banging on about gold a lot at the time!!) but, he/she was a good poster who added a bit of fun to the board, and was driven out by the bully squad who add nothing to the board other than hate, (and which, 2 of them have contributed to this thread since i mentioned the poster in question).

I never gambled on any of the advice luckily, (although the poster in addition to OM were banging on about gold a lot at the time!!) but, he/she was a good poster who added a bit of fun to the board, and was driven out by the bully squad who add nothing to the board other than hate, (and which, 2 of them have contributed to this thread since i mentioned the poster in question).
    Gold, contrary to what it appears you mistakenly believe, has been the go-to asset this century. It has out-performed property, stocks and anything else you care to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Gold, contrary to what it appears you mistakenly believe, has been the go-to asset this century. It has out-performed property, stocks and anything else you care to mention.

Think i had the smiley in the wrong place!! I was poorly implying that it was an excellent call, if i had the bottle at the time, I would now be retired and not facing another 8 years as a slave

Think i had the smiley in the wrong place!! I was poorly implying that it was an excellent call, if i had the bottle at the time, I would now be retired and not facing another 8 years as a slave
    Best investment i ever made was a boring house in south east london that almost doubled in value in 18 months, but after that it was a Gold ETF that I put some money in around 2008 and pretty much forgot about until i needed to cobble together as much monet as possible for a house deposit in early 2013. And I am pretty sure it was someone on this board that at least put the idea in my head.