+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you'd introduce into football......

Things you'd introduce into football......

I know this has probably been done before, but if you could add something angd get away with it, then what would it be? A little bit of fun..

Canned laughter if a player rolls around dying in order to get another player sent off. Or how about the Benny Hill theme tune when it starts kicking off....

Re: Things you'd introduce into football......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know this has probably been done before, but if you could add something angd get away with it, then what would it be? A little bit of fun..

Canned laughter if a player rolls around dying in order to get another player sent off. Or how about the Benny Hill theme tune when it starts kicking off....
    You've just set yourself up for some faux outrage, and I predict you are about to be called a misogynistic sexist nazi ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You've just set yourself up for some faux outrage, and I predict you are about to be called a misogynistic sexist nazi ****.
    Do you reckon? I loved Benny Hill when i was a kid, especially when he slapped that little bald bloke on the head or was chasing attractive women around in public while they were in their underwear-I reckon i'll get away with it

Do you reckon? I loved Benny Hill when i was a kid, especially when he slapped that little bald bloke on the head or was chasing attractive women around in public while they were in their underwear-I reckon i'll get away with it

That is clearly baldism, cue the usual suspects....

If VAR is here to stay, put a “Tom & Jerry” cartoon on whilst they wait to make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If VAR is here to stay, put a “Tom & Jerry” cartoon on whilst they wait to make a decision
    Brilliant idea, that's the kind of thing we need in the game. How about instead of sending a player off in a game he has to play the rest of the Match in one of those 'It's a Knockout costumes'

Passing to a player near you instead of just seeing who can kick or throw the ball the furthest

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Passing to a player near you instead of just seeing who can kick or throw the ball the furthest
    Next manager. Hired.

Now you're just being daft, stick to things which are more realistic, like Tom And Jerry....

No yellow cards for diving. Instead the opposing side get a free foul on that player with no comeback.

Get rid of VAR but no need to make anyone redundant. Instead give the VAR twat a remote control which issues a non lethal but still uncomfortable electric shock to any player talking back to the referee.

Managers have a similar tool and can deploy it against their own players in the event of a corner/free kick that doesn't clear the first man.

Power penalties. The defending Side can elect to blindfold the penalty taker but if he scores, his side automatically win the game

US style salary capping

Monkeys riding dogs for half time entertainment

An option halfway through the season to sell your season ticket back to the club

A proper offside rule - no 'is he going for the
    ball?' or 'is he interfering with play/line of sight',etc.
    If he's behind the last player when the ball is kicked forward, he's offside.

Four linos, the game can afford it, NFQAT.

Get rid of VAR, adopt the egger system.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    No yellow cards for diving. Instead the opposing side get a free foul on that player with no comeback.

Get rid of VAR but no need to make anyone redundant. Instead give the VAR twat a remote control which issues a non lethal but still uncomfortable electric shock to any player talking back to the referee.

Managers have a similar tool and can deploy it against their own players in the event of a corner/free kick that doesn't clear the first man.

Power penalties. The defending Side can elect to blindfold the penalty taker but if he scores, his side automatically win the game

US style salary capping

Monkeys riding dogs for half time entertainment
    I love the penalties thing, would go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    An option halfway through the season to sell your season ticket back to the club
    Or, the worst player on the pitch has to go and watch a fan at his or her job for 90 minutes.

More of a change than an introduction but I'd change the the penalty area. It seems a little unfair that you can get fouled at the furthest corner of the penalty area and get a kick in front of the goal from 12 yards.

I'd probably have a 12 yard semi circle around the goal. Something like that. Don't see why you couldn't have a direct free kick with no wall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    More of a change than an introduction but I'd change the the penalty area. It seems a little unfair that you can get fouled at the furthest corner of the penalty area and get a kick in front of the goal from 12 yards.

I'd probably have a 12 yard semi circle around the goal. Something like that. Don't see why you couldn't have a direct free kick with no wall as well.
    Like this idea, penalties just for clear scoring chances .

Give managers challenges like in tennis for VAR.

Make games 30 minutes a half but clock stops when ball goes out of play or any stoppage.

Get rid of youth teams instead put money into school football system. Then after complete GCSEs there is a draft system like in Collage football in the US. Would also mean kids would have to focus on studies to play in their school team.

theres way to much pressure on parents being pressure to travel ridiculous distances for accadamies which probably produce a pro about 5% or less.

when a free kick us awarded, book any **** that runs to the ball to stop a quick one being taken..they're all at it now..
    If a sub is made in added time add a full minute on

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I remember Dutch TV showing Tommy Cooper at half-time in a major football game in the seventies.

Stop clock on time wasting, lengthy stoppages, subs, non quick free kicks etc. No need for injury time which is never accurate.

An open interview with the ref after a game,imagine a ref criticising a manager ‘I thought Sir Alex had a stinker today’

😂

International

Now you're being really silly aren't you?

P.S. I have decided to forgo the pleasure of using mine today.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Players who talk back to the referee should be made to leave the pitch and drink a pint before coming back on.
    If you swear at the referee you should drink the beer and eat a pasty of your choice before returning to the game
    Second time it’s two pints and two pasties

Or, the worst player on the pitch has to go and watch a fan at his or her job for 90 minutes.
    Murphy can come and watch me achieve nothing for 90 mins any time he likes!!